Author Topic: Combinatoric Multiclassing Analysis  (Read 6437 times)

Caelic

• Hong Kong
Re: Combinatoric Multiclassing Analysis
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2008, 11:53:01 PM »
I notice that they've released errat...excuse me, "updates"...to the core rulebooks.

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like they've fixed the problems with multiclassing; there are still a number of multiclass combinations that just plain don't work due to dependency on class-specific abilities.

heffroncm

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2008, 12:21:48 AM »
I'm just happy to see timely updates.  If they revise this once a week for the next couple months, they should have everything pretty well fixed up.

In short, it's been 5 days.  Give them a little more time :-P

Caelic

• Hong Kong
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2008, 02:01:31 PM »
I'm just happy to see timely updates.  If they revise this once a week for the next couple months, they should have everything pretty well fixed up.

In short, it's been 5 days.  Give them a little more time :-P

I'd be more inclined to do that if I didn't know for a fact that some of these problems had been pointed out to them back in January...

azbo

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2008, 05:47:05 PM »
Quote from: Nautilus on that [i
other[/i] forums]
Over at ENWorld is a GRZ video from D&D Gameday in Seattle, Washington. During his interview with Mike Mearls, GZ coaxes from the Mikester the first letters of PHB2's classes.

They are:
D, R, B, W, I, T, S, S

A hot tip to all sleuths is that only about 3 or so classes are reprints - the rest are brand new classes. One observation from me: The presence of only one B may cause a few heart flutters.

So...

Druid
Rager
Bard
Illusionist
Sorceror
Wilder
Telepath
Soulblade
maybe?
does anyone have more info on this?  Are the artificer and swordmage in FR players guide?
D, R, B, W, I, T, S, S =
Druid
R____
Barbarian
Witch?
Illusionist
T______
Sorcerer
S______

no monk, no bard, no psionic?  Maybe it is telepath...

PhoenixInferno

• Hong Kong
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2008, 06:27:29 PM »
Artificer is coming in the Eberron Player's Guide and the Swordmage is coming in the FR Player's Guide (this month).

ImperiousLeader

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2008, 04:22:46 AM »
Currently, these are the believed classes for PH2:

Bard, Barbarian, Druid, Sorcerer and Shaman.

Leaving classes starting with I, T and W. At least one of those classes is a Divine class.

X-Codes

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2008, 01:04:54 AM »
There's very little question that the Primal power source is coming out in the PHB II, and whether or not a second power source will be unveiled with it I feel will largely dictate the composition of the book.  As it stands now, I think we'll get...

3-5 Primal-powered classes
2-3 Divine-powered classes
1-2 Arcane-powered classes
0-1 Martial-powered class

Reasoning:

Martial Power will be long released, so more martial classes will lack future support and, therefore, be less desirable than other sorts of classes.  That said, there's still no Martial Controller.

Arcane Power will be coming out the month after the PHB II, and it's fairly apparent that the Sorcerer is going to be in the PHB II.  There are some questions, however, as to how WotC will handle the expansion of the Swordmage and Artificer: setting-specific books or any book related to Arcane characters.  In the former, WotC might come out with two Arcane-powered classes in the PHB II to bulk-up the core arcane lineup for Arcane Power.  In case of the latter, it's more likely that the Sorcerer will be the only Arcane class in the PHB II.

Divine Power comes out tentatively in July of next year, and it's likely that there will still only be two Divine-powered classes when it does unless they sneak one into Open Grave.  As such, they'll likely want at least two Divine classes in the PHB II to get a better lineup.  In fact, I'm predicting Inquisitor and Thaumaturge to be two new divinely-powered classes in the PHB II.

Finally, there's a chance of one or two power sources in the book.  I think it will just be Primal, but it could be both Primal and Psionics.  It's really just speculation, though, because WotC's plans beyond July of next year are shrouded in mystery.

PhoenixInferno

• Hong Kong
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2008, 01:42:05 AM »
Inquisitor and Thaumaturge?  Where did you get those names?  From the letters?  I've never heard of those before.

They sound like they could be awesome.

X-Codes

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2008, 03:14:08 AM »
Inquisitor and Thaumaturge?  Where did you get those names?  From the letters?  I've never heard of those before.

They sound like they could be awesome.
Pretty much.  Not a lot to go on when you consider titles related to religion and cross-reference that with the given letters.  Whats more, since the PHB II is the last likely resource of classes until Divine Power, there has to be a couple thrown in somewhere.