Author Topic: Rules & World Information Thread  (Read 1634 times)

Jaerc

• Monkey bussiness
    • Dotradical: A Utah Gaming Community
    • Email
Rules & World Information Thread
« on: September 15, 2008, 09:04:45 PM »
This will be a 4th Edition Play By Post Game with the following expectations.

Guidelines
--Level 10
--Please use the following point buy table to generate ability scores.
Code: [Select]
Score Points
7 -4
8 -2
9 -1
10 0
11 1
12 2
13 3
14 5
15 7
16 10
17 13
18 17

--Books Allowed: Players Handbook, Dungeon Master's Guide, Monster Manual, Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting, H1, H2, H3, WotC Website.
  ~Adventurer's Vault & Player's Guide To FR are tentatively allowed, please ask before using any material lfrom them and wait until I okay it.

--If you select a choice not from the Players Handbook please mark on your character sheet it's location and be prepared to explain it briefly to me, should I ask.

--Characters must be Lawful Good or Good. You can try to get me to accept Unaligned if you have a strong concept that I enjoy.

--Posting requirements are lax, but if it seems to me that you aren't holding your own with the pace of the game we will discuss possible options which include removing you from the game scenario.

--Each of the roles need to be covered. If they are not, you will run into extreme difficulty, that while not technically insurmountable will make things less fun for everyone. I know a few people have already created or brainstormed characters but as of now the selected players need to discuss what they want to play.

Errata & Houserules
-- Will will use all release errata even if that means changing a character.

Players
Five players will be accepted to this initial game, as befits their play-style. Overflow players will have first priority in a side game that will start September 15th  set within the same world and an adjacent scenario.
-- Selah is accepted. He will be playing a githyanki artificer.
-- Bartleby is accepted. He will be playing a human wizard/cleric.
-- Mister=Sinister is accepted. He will be playing a _________
-- KCG is accepted. He will be playing gnome warlock.
-- Nick is accepted. He will be playing a human cleric.
-- Veekie is accepted. He will be playing a warlock.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2008, 02:59:01 PM by Jaerc »
Where Flavor Meets Mechanics
Dicefreaks
~
yes, I believe in love,
yes I'm a dreamer,
but I'm not alone,
there are more of us than you suspect,
and we've got bombs,
truth and beauty bombs

Jaerc

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
Re: Breaking The Chains [Setup Thread]
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2008, 09:06:32 PM »
The World
The setting in which you're character reside has no overarching name, and follows the Points of Light campaign model to some extent. The largest difference being that while the Points of Light tend to be larger and more stable, the darkness that lies between them and opposes them is far more organized as well. You all come from a region of the world known to most simply as The North.

If you are interested in a specific class, region, or race, more information will be provided individually.

The North
Consists of seven political regions, each once independent, of which five were united two generations ago into a small but mighty empire that stands to this day. This will be the primary seat of action.

The Islands
If one sails away from the sun to the islands of the east you will find the horrible shades of red and black on their shores. A hobgoblin dynasty seems to have claimed the closest of the isles and rules it with an iron fist.

The East & South
Beyond the safety of the Titanshield, beyond the Imperial Holds, lies the terrible unknown. Merchants and adventurers occasionally travel the ancient roads that lead this way and even return to regale the Empire with their tales. Tales of worldwounds leading into the Shadowfell that are fifty times the size of the Dreadhold, songs of dragonkings, stories of death and madness and ruin'd empires and far beyond imagination... civilization.

The West
To traverse the Sound of Flowers is rare dangerous but those who have speak sometimes of the a mystical land called Kalyprta. Those few who travel beyond safety or knowledge down the Eighty Rivers, well they most often do not return.
Dicefreaks
~
yes, I believe in love,
yes I'm a dreamer,
but I'm not alone,
and we've got bombs,
truth and beauty bombs

Jaerc

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
Re: Breaking The Chains [Setup Thread]
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2008, 09:09:44 PM »
The North

Thelinis holds the four courts of the eladrin. It's terrain consists of airy and beautiful forests, dark twisted copses, and hills and vales that make up a vast moorland. The north of Thelinis is dominated by the forest communities that make up the Four Courts of the eladrin people. It's south is populated sparsely my rural civilians of the Empire. Between these regions a wonderful ever changing woodland that cyclicals merges and swims between the Feywild and the material world. Where Thelinis' borders touch northern Gondal a reach of land known as the Dreadhold is frequently coterminous with the Shadowfell.

Gondal was the last to join the Empire, and even to this day they are the most insular and defended. Dragonborn clans claim that they were the first to settle this land centuries ago, though this is disputed by the elves that also make it their home. The rocky highlands mirror the disposition of the folk here, but due to the relative safety lent by the arms of the Titanshield the alpine meadows of the west are also an apt metaphor for these people.

Magrak is not written on many surface maps, how could it be. This piece of the Empire is primarily vertical though in places it stretches beneath Andrynn and Gondal. It is a subterranean kingdom, where dark caverns and chasms stand beside the holds of the dwarven lords. At it's deepest Magrak reaches into the Underdark and near it's pinnacle it may stand just beneath the peaks of the Titanshield.

Andrynn is an land defined by agriculture and civilization. It is the largest region of the empire, the most temperate and the most typical. It's soft hills, woodlands, savannas make this place ideal for peaceful settlement. But it has not always been so, two hundred years ago in the war whose wake led to the forming of the Empire, the Drynar tribe of humans fought with the Iorlosi people.

Iorlos is a pleasant place and is often known as the Land Twixt Two Lakes. To the east Lake Starwine's black waters push through the Titanshiled itself. But the center of Iorlos in more ways than one lies Lake Ior. It's rich waters figure into the creation myth of the Iorlosi humans who live there. It is there mother, their source of sustenance and industry and the center of their kingdom. More than two centuries ago tiefling refuggess from the ruins of the Bal'nathrax Empire fled to this land and settled there with the blessings of the Iorlosi. Now those two races occupy the land together.

Wandermarch is a highly wet land. Rainforests flourish in the northeast where they are still protected by druids from the Empire's industry as does a populous multiracial delta. The western border is defined by the Sound of Flowers, whose oceanic waters are covered with saltlillies. It's interior is lined with a network rivers and streams and on each of them halfing barges.

Myr. The pinnacle of an empire. The brightest candle. It is at the conjunction of myriad cultures and geographies. It is the melting pot, the center, and the ideal of the Empire. There are several urban centers scattered throughout Myr and it's bazaar-city of Navoreen is foremost amongst them.[/quote]
Dicefreaks
~
yes, I believe in love,
yes I'm a dreamer,
but I'm not alone,
and we've got bombs,
truth and beauty bombs

Jaerc

• Monkey bussiness