Author Topic: out of Character Talk  (Read 83057 times)

skydragonknight

• Organ Grinder
Re: out of Character Talk
« Reply #660 on: September 08, 2009, 01:25:59 AM »
Here's that part where a character with at least 10 Int suggests we do something clever and cunning.
It always seems like the barrels around here have something in them.

Surreal

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #661 on: September 11, 2009, 02:39:14 PM »
Argh, the boards have been really spotty for me. This is the first time I haven't gotten a blank screen in a couple days. I gotta run back to work, but I'll make a real quick post...
---
"The late, sedate, and no to great." ~Surreal

Some Handy Links for CO Work (WotC 339 version) - a compilation of links for base/prestige class handbooks, tactics, spellcasting, character builds, D&D databases, etc.
Archived version of the above with working links

The Mango Index - a giant index for all things D&D and where to find them
The Mango List Reborn! - rehosted by KellKheraptis

Lists of Stuff - listing of class features etc and how to get them, etc. sort of like above but a little more specific and sorted by category
Polymorph, Wildshape and Shapechange, oh my! (comparison charts) - side-by-side comparison of all the various form altering abilities
Alternative Class Features
alternative ways to get class skills

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
« Reply #662 on: September 11, 2009, 06:26:03 PM »
Same for me, had a couple of white screens the last two days or so.

Gotta say I like the idea for the 'Bestiary' :)
Are the stats in that section considered in-character knowledge as well, Alastar?
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol

Alastar

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #663 on: September 11, 2009, 06:42:38 PM »
Same for me, had a couple of white screens the last two days or so.

Gotta say I like the idea for the 'Bestiary' :)
Are the stats in that section considered in-character knowledge as well, Alastar?

Since you fought most of them, and they used pretty much everything agaisn't you, yes :)

Alastar

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #664 on: September 25, 2009, 04:13:49 PM »
Yaaaah, this game is in a down right now ... :)

It's not the same without Caelic :(

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #665 on: September 25, 2009, 04:20:39 PM »
Yeah, I guess we've all been rather busy in real life.

"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Alastar

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #666 on: September 25, 2009, 04:24:57 PM »
Bah it's ok.

You guys still think this storyline is fun?

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #667 on: September 25, 2009, 05:10:17 PM »
Hell yes :D

Midnight_v

• Organ Grinder
  • Dulce et decorum est pro alea mori.
« Reply #668 on: September 25, 2009, 06:07:18 PM »
Bah it's ok.

You guys still think this storyline is fun?
yes and please don't stop...

My life has just been sucking lately. . .
I'd tell you all whats going on but, no one wants to hear me whining I'm sure.
I read this everyday I just havn't powerd up to write anything. I want to get back to where I can write tylunth stuff all the time.
\\\"Disentegrate.\\\" \\\"Gust of wind.\\\" \\\"Now Can we PLEASE resume saving the world?\\\"

Alastar

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #669 on: September 25, 2009, 06:40:52 PM »
Bah, the game's not going anywhere for now, Ill just wait till you guys are less busy with your lives to keep going, so you might as well tell us midnight.  We've all had our moments we didn't feel much, and while telling it to the others here isn't as comforting as telling it to a woman hugging you, it can still help :)

I actually have a plan to write a pilot comic book out of the world and you guy's characters, I don't know if I'll get takers for it, but I though it'd be fun to try :)

Midnight_v

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #670 on: September 25, 2009, 06:52:39 PM »
My mother and little sister are in jail. My little sister was before she's 15 she got involved in an armed robbery with her best friend and her best friends older brother... Now I'm 30 and I have no juristdiction over this type of thing I'm nowhere around them hell we don't even talk and with good reason. Shit like this happens. I'm hated by my main family for being a "bill cosby" if you don't know what that means its tantamount to being called a sell out or not black enough cause I don't smoke weed or sag my pants basically, fuck I listen to bjork, and audioslave more than I listen to Lil'wayne... though it bs cause I listen to Murs anyway. But moreso its because I'm on the personal responsibility platform not the pity party platform about ideas. . .
I want to ... I want to "Solve everything" and it really stresses me out.
Anyway... uhm... so lil'sis gets out of jail (win's the case basically she was forced to participate at gunpont but my point is that said circumstances should not have existed in the first place)
and 4 days later gets into a fight with my mom. Obviously a fist fight, but I'm certain my mom hit her first *(Mom like that) but she was probbably trying to get sis to NOT do more stupid shit.... but once children have started playing the adult game there's no turning back and she doesn't recognize that. Not to say that she's... somekind of saint but she did good for me by being hard, the whole time I grew up. I guess she got tired after that.
So they both went to jail for a domestic dispute, ahhhh, Texas....?
So while It doesn't directly involve me... and I KNOW I'm not responsible for this or any of the messes they get themselves into...
It bums me out.
I'm one of those "I can fix the world people" Tools check. . . know how? Check. needs resources
I give you permission to use tylunth as much as you like in your comic as I know logan can't be wolverine you might as well have the
Axe Crazy
Scary Black guy
Just don't kill him or Worf effect him... please, thank you tv tropes.
\\\"Disentegrate.\\\" \\\"Gust of wind.\\\" \\\"Now Can we PLEASE resume saving the world?\\\"

Alastar

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #671 on: September 25, 2009, 07:04:18 PM »
Yeah, I was thinking of changing logan a bit, new name and different style of fighting but not too much, so I don't violate copyright.  Also, change some names so their not obscure references to random sci fi stuff.

Out of curiosity, how many of the names did you recognise?

And it really sucks for your family man, maybe you should go there and talk to them?  It's not your fault, but it doesn't mean you can't be there when they need you.  Talk some sense into them crazy women :P

I'm a 6'10'' irish guy who passes out after drinking 10 beers, I can feel you about the rejection of your peer things :(

skydragonknight

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #672 on: September 26, 2009, 03:06:27 AM »
So what kind of fighting style does logan redux have?

Alastar

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #673 on: September 26, 2009, 03:33:32 AM »
Forearm single blades, attached to his arms not fused :P  Still trying to find a way to explain the regen without threading on copyrights ^^

The attitude will stay though, but he'll either have dreads or a mohawk, and he won't be using words like ''bub''

Surreal

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #674 on: September 27, 2009, 03:10:43 PM »
Dude, MV, sucks to hear about your family. Hope things work out soon.
---
"The late, sedate, and no to great." ~Surreal

Some Handy Links for CO Work (WotC 339 version) - a compilation of links for base/prestige class handbooks, tactics, spellcasting, character builds, D&D databases, etc.
Archived version of the above with working links

The Mango Index - a giant index for all things D&D and where to find them
The Mango List Reborn! - rehosted by KellKheraptis

Lists of Stuff - listing of class features etc and how to get them, etc. sort of like above but a little more specific and sorted by category
Polymorph, Wildshape and Shapechange, oh my! (comparison charts) - side-by-side comparison of all the various form altering abilities
Alternative Class Features
alternative ways to get class skills

skydragonknight

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #675 on: September 27, 2009, 07:40:29 PM »
Forearm single blades, attached to his arms not fused :P  Still trying to find a way to explain the regen without threading on copyrights ^^

The attitude will stay though, but he'll either have dreads or a mohawk, and he won't be using words like ''bub''

He heals by licking the blood of his enemies, maybe?

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #676 on: September 28, 2009, 07:24:35 AM »

He heals by licking the blood of his enemies, maybe?

Maybe something akin to a Barghest's Feeding ability, only with healing instead of gaining HD?

Alastar

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #677 on: October 14, 2009, 06:52:39 PM »
I'm gonna focus on the whole soul magic thing in that, work in progress for now.

Tell me when you guys feel like getting back into it.

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #678 on: October 15, 2009, 07:09:11 AM »
Ready whenever you guys are :)

Midnight_v

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #679 on: October 15, 2009, 01:32:24 PM »
Fuck its my weekend and I dropped that damn mathed class...
time for some hardcore gaming...