Author Topic: Sode #20: GenCon! (Meta 05)  (Read 13619 times)

Meg

• Message Board Extraordinaire
  • Brilliant Gameologist
  • Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Are you rapier than me?
    • Brilliant Gameologists
    • Email
Sode #20: GenCon! (Meta 05)
« on: September 07, 2008, 08:35:56 PM »
GenCon was awesome!  This episode tells you why.

Here's the Link!
http://brilliantgameologists.com/blog/50

I'm going to try and get some pictures up right now!
« Last Edit: October 28, 2008, 03:55:58 AM by Meg »
All of my updates are on twitter! 

This is my angry voice.  Text written in red, by me, is  an official moderator "suggestion"

Want to meet me or the other Gameologists?  Check out where we'll be on the Conventions, Meetups and Events board!

PhoenixInferno

• Hong Kong
Re: Sode #20: GenCon!
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2008, 12:58:03 AM »
Love the fake podcasts.

More thoughts as they pop in.

EDIT: I wonder who was big spoon - Zeke or Dragon Snack...but I suppose some things should be left well enough alone...
« Last Edit: September 08, 2008, 01:34:31 AM by PhoenixInferno »

AfterCrescent

• Honorary Moderator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Here After
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2008, 01:12:46 AM »
That fake 'cast was fucking hilarious. :lol
Meg, you failed at GenCon. :pout

32 minutes. That clip was hilarious! I don't think I've ever heard of anyone smelling a business card. >.>

:clap You've made me want to go to the next GenCon even more :P
« Last Edit: September 08, 2008, 02:02:32 AM by AfterCrescent »
The cake is a lie.
Need to play table top? Get your game on at:
Brilliant Gameologists' PbP Forum. Do it, you know you want to.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook
The 13th Guard - An alternate history campaign idea.
Clerics just wake up one morning and decide they need to kick ass, and it needs to be kicked NOW. ~veekie

Meg

• Brilliant Gameologist
  • Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Brilliant Gameologists
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2008, 02:29:51 AM »
Pictures!  We're staying on our "no pictures linked here" kick (though anyone with decent investigative abilities and who reads posts here will find some) but this includes an actual picture of Josh, Zeke and I with Luke Meyer, Real Doctor from the Podgecast taken by a fellow podcaster, Clyde from Theory from the Closet.

Oh!  And all of the discussion of my business card delivery system apparently then made me think it was a good idea to have someone (PI) put something back in the boob area.  And take a picture.  I was drunk.

Also includes some shots of the famous Penthouse and the Cookies Zeke talks about in the episode.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30184932@N04/sets/72157607170642346/

This is my angry voice.  Text written in red, by me, is  an official moderator "suggestion"

Want to meet me or the other Gameologists?  Check out where we'll be on the Conventions, Meetups and Events board!

Kai

• (rhymes with pie)
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Donkey Kong
  • Don't panic!
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2008, 03:10:29 AM »
this includes an actual picture of Josh, Zeke and I with Luke Meyer

Still need to listen to the episode, but from left to right that would be Josh, Luke, Zeke and Meg. Right? :D

...and I'm touched by the BreakKey remembrance.
"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." ~Mahatma Gandhi

Cam_Banks

• Curious George
    • Margaret Weis Productions
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2008, 03:29:06 AM »
Meg: Yes, I'm married. She is awesome.
Zeke: If you need a guy with a Kiwi accent around to help you in your non-skinny acquisitions, I charge by the hour.
Josh: You're next.

Love and rockets.
Cam
Managing Editor & Community Manager | Margaret Weis Productions

PhoenixInferno

• Hong Kong
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2008, 03:29:59 AM »
Oh!  And all of the discussion of my business card delivery system apparently then made me think it was a good idea to have someone (PI) put something back in the boob area.  And take a picture.  I was drunk.
You know you liked it. ;)

rivercityjessie

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2008, 05:30:29 AM »
I like this twitter alerting that my podcast is ready.

whoa the live recording is ridiculous.  i miss the penthouse!

Josh

• Brilliant Gameologist
  • Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2008, 05:47:51 AM »
this includes an actual picture of Josh, Zeke and I with Luke Meyer

Still need to listen to the episode, but from left to right that would be Josh, Luke, Zeke and Meg. Right? :D

...and I'm touched by the BreakKey remembrance.

It is Zeke, Josh, Luke, Meg.  From the waist down the guys are pretty much indistinguishable.

Oh, that's a real picture by the way.  Genuinely taken just like that.  Not a joke and not a doctored photo.
Ennies Nominees - Best Podcast 2009

TheChrisWaits

• Honorary Moderator
  • Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2008, 10:51:22 AM »
Some notes on the gifts:

The original flower at the salon was going to be for Meg. Here's the conversation on the way there:

Jessie: Is that for Meg?
Woodrow (quietly to Chris): Should I give this to Zeke or Josh? I can't give it to Meg in front of Jessie.
Chris: Zeke.

The other flowers were all his idea.

The CD was from me. I had meant to bring one with me that had way more on it, but I forgot. So you got everything I could compile in an hour. (Speaking of which, did you like any of it?)

I was talking to Woodrow about how I kinda felt bad that we hadn't given Meg anything yet. His words: "You leave that to me."

Highmoon

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
  • The Gamer Traveler
    • Highmoon Media Productions
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2008, 10:51:59 AM »
I was told there would be boobs in this thread...

Meg

• Brilliant Gameologist
  • Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Brilliant Gameologists
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2008, 11:03:01 AM »
Check the photo album.

But!  I'm trying to devise some sort of give-away type thing that anyone who wants a Certified-Boob curve Business card can get one.  It will take a while- I'd have to carry them around for a day so they aren't unlimited, but maybe some sort of contest?? 

Meg

• Brilliant Gameologist
  • Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Brilliant Gameologists
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2008, 11:04:15 AM »
Some notes on the gifts:

The original flower at the salon was going to be for Meg. Here's the conversation on the way there:

Jessie: Is that for Meg?
Woodrow (quietly to Chris): Should I give this to Zeke or Josh? I can't give it to Meg in front of Jessie.
Chris: Zeke.

The other flowers were all his idea.

The CD was from me. I had meant to bring one with me that had way more on it, but I forgot. So you got everything I could compile in an hour. (Speaking of which, did you like any of it?)

I was talking to Woodrow about how I kinda felt bad that we hadn't given Meg anything yet. His words: "You leave that to me."

Oooo!!!  Well then!   :blush  It's nice to think the flower was originally intended for me. 

And MFLABIAS certainly did take care of the perceived injustice!

Meg

• Brilliant Gameologist
  • Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Brilliant Gameologists
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2008, 11:06:58 AM »
It is Zeke, Josh, Luke, Meg.  From the waist down the guys are pretty much indistinguishable.

I'm the one in a skirt.  FYI.

Luke

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
  • Let's Put a Smile on That Face!
    • The Podge Cast
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2008, 03:36:37 PM »
Wow, talk about basking in the love on a Monday morning.  Thanks for the compliments, guys.  Be assured, you're equally as awesome, if not more.

The spoofs were spot on and hilarious!

And, to be fair, I warned you the first drink of the wine was a kick to the teeth. Then it settles down. :)
Co-Host of The Podge Cast.

JamieChambers

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2008, 07:10:18 PM »
Just finished listening to the podcast to help dull the pain of updating the company's checkbook. You guys are a lot of fun, and now my own list of Gen Con regrets include (A) not meeting up with you guys earlier so we could crash your penthouse parties, and (B) not meeting up with you guys so we could drag you with us to the White Wolf and MWP room parties. The "work hard but play harder" mentality is one that we seem to share.

Awesome that you showed Cam so much love, though if you decide to recruit Cam as your wingman to pick up chicks, I officially request the opportunity to be an impartial observer.

While I will remain mysterious and vague, I did get the chance to hang with Meg a bit at Dragon*Con. But that could easily become its own show...  :D

Looks like I have some catching up to do. When are you guys gonna make it where I can magically subscribe to the show on iTunes? Later!

** Jamie

FraserRonald

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
  • Alliegance: Beer
    • Sword's Edge Publishing
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2008, 08:28:05 PM »
Another fun episode. Reliving some memories and interesting to hear what you guys were up to when not penthouse partying.

BTW, I'm a pudge. Colin is the most fit of the GenCon Survivors crew, and he's only been on one frikkin' podcast. Wait, is there a connection there?

Our own GenCon 'casts are slow in getting up (though we had our wrap-up out pretty darn quick), but one with snippets from the veranda will likely end up on the feed at some point. I'll warn you when it drops.

During the fake 'casts, I was waiting for the one with discussion of restaurants and geek anger regarding a Star Wars event.

wO-_-OdrOw

• Bi-Curious George
  • "I do not exist," we faithfully insist.
    • Facebook
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2008, 11:31:49 PM »
Luke.. you are awesome.
Mine's been a yard carefully surface-tended, foxes burrowed underground.
<--Warlord CCG, NOT DnD

Meg

• Brilliant Gameologist
  • Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Brilliant Gameologists
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2008, 01:39:04 AM »
There was a ton of awesomeness all around. 

So we tried a slightly different technique in recording this one-- goal was to be tighter and not stay on any one joke too long.  I think it almost sounds written but almost everything (including the fake 'casts) was completely off the cuff. 

And feedback?

AfterCrescent

• Honorary Moderator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Here After
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2008, 01:44:38 AM »
I don't think it sounds written. It has that same off the cuff aspect that the others did. I did notice that there wasn't as much hanging onto one joke in this one, though.
The cake is a lie.
Need to play table top? Get your game on at:
Brilliant Gameologists' PbP Forum. Do it, you know you want to.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook
The 13th Guard - An alternate history campaign idea.
Clerics just wake up one morning and decide they need to kick ass, and it needs to be kicked NOW. ~veekie