Author Topic: Game Console Showdown  (Read 10618 times)

PhoenixInferno

• Hong Kong
Re: Game Console Showdown
« Reply #60 on: October 30, 2008, 09:41:42 PM »
Let's not forget "classic" RPG gems like Fallout 1/2, Baldur's Gate I/II (and their expansions), and Planescape: Torment.

ObscureKitten

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #61 on: October 30, 2008, 10:10:02 PM »
Let's not forget "classic" RPG gems like Fallout 1/2, Baldur's Gate I/II (and their expansions), and Planescape: Torment.

Balder's gate was awesome, I still have it on my compy and still play it from time to time along with Wizardry 8 annnd Morrowind.

Fuuga

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #62 on: October 30, 2008, 10:14:12 PM »
Icewind Dale (The first one) was good too. Fallout 3 is great.

PI, question for you, you mentioned Fallout 1 and 2, do you consider Fallout Tactics to be part of the saga, or think it's a disgrace that shouldn't be mentioned as some other people? :P , I for one liked the game.
Space for sale. Ok ok, not for sale, siggy coming soon.

PhoenixInferno

• Hong Kong
« Reply #63 on: October 30, 2008, 11:29:04 PM »
Its not a Role Playing game, so it doesn't count for the purposes of the current discussion.  But I played about half of it - good times.

Brotherhood of Steel, on the other hand...well, I shouldn't be hard on it - I never played it.

X-Codes

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #64 on: October 31, 2008, 04:52:04 AM »
I, personally, didn't like Baldur's Gate, and especially not BG II.  I played NWN, and honestly that's a good modder's game.  I've considered buying NWN II and expansions just to play the custom content online, because the SP mode behind these games was crap.

As for the list I rattled off earlier, all the games I mentioned save Diablo III are available on the XBox 360.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2008, 04:56:00 AM by X-Codes »

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
  • Developing a relaxed attitude to danger.
« Reply #65 on: October 31, 2008, 05:46:02 PM »

Yes, how could we forget Planescape? Amazing game.

ninjarabbit

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #66 on: October 31, 2008, 05:52:02 PM »

Balder's gate was awesome, I still have it on my compy and still play it from time to time along with Wizardry 8 annnd Morrowind.

What's funny about Wizardry is that it's a lot more popular in Japan than in the US despite being a Western RPG. In fact the one that came out on the PS2 started out as a fan-made game in Japan.