Author Topic: Ymdaith chan 'r Farw  (Read 61698 times)

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
Re: Ymdaith chan 'r Farw
« Reply #480 on: May 15, 2009, 01:49:49 PM »
[spoiler]I assume there's a door behind the head of the table? That seems like as good a door as any. Guys?[/spoiler]

TheWordSlinger

• Bi-Curious George
  • Nunc est bibendum
    • Email
« Reply #481 on: May 15, 2009, 02:18:19 PM »
[spoiler]Sure.[/spoiler]
Currently playing:
Forte Lulz, Chaotic EVIL Bard bent on world domination;
Canere Potentia, to sing of power.
Aralaxax, Warforged Osteomancer, Machines are my people, I wield bones as other wield swords.
Randall Gray, she's not sexually confused, honest!
Zion "I can make followers, but why bother when people line up for me?"
Currently DMing: Real Men Use Their Hands, World's Largest Dungeon
"If you can pretend to be a half-orc barbarian or a dwarf wizard then you can pretend to be an alpha male."-Ninjarabbit
"The hotel shop only had two decent books, and I'd written both of them."-Douglas Adams
"It's funny how the Earth never opens up and swallows you when you want it to." Xander Harris, Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Ieniemienie

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #482 on: May 17, 2009, 05:22:20 AM »
Iamde looks amazed at the sudden interest for the door that has managed to capture the minds of his fellow party members.
Why don't you guys stock up on some food? That door is not going anywhere and the desert can be a pretty food-starved environment!

Iamde is clearly happy he has spoken with such wisdom in his words and places some pieces of food inside his skeletal chest for preservation while loosely keeping an eye on the actions of his 'friends'.
'DnD is not a game; it is a membership in a tribe that I joined long ago.'

Stupidity should be painful!

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #483 on: May 17, 2009, 01:21:04 PM »
[spoiler]Frankly I'm not sure the food can leave the table. Don't know until we try I guess, but Strat did say we were somewhat compelled to explore beyond the room.[/spoiler]

Ieniemienie

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #484 on: May 18, 2009, 05:13:52 AM »
[spoiler]But I am cool and immune to charm effects  :)

Quote from: D20SRD
Immunity to all mind-affecting effects (charms, compulsions, phantasms, patterns, and morale effects).
Immunity to poison, sleep effects, paralysis, stunning, disease, and death effects.
[/spoiler]

Stratovarius

• Hong Kong
  • Player Resource Consortium
    • Email
« Reply #485 on: May 18, 2009, 12:32:22 PM »
The pillars guard the entrance to a long passageway, a walk that curves round and round, almost as  if it was once carved by a snake undulating through the earth, except that it is shod in good stone, and square and tall, a properly built tunnel. No doors or tunnels appear to either side, yet the way is well lit from up above. It is perhaps a mile or more into the earth before another room appears, and this is a splendid armoury, covered in all manner of glowing and gleaming weaponry, each one of pristine form and condition. It is large enough that almost any weapon or taste appears to be catered for.

[spoiler]Never said it was a charm effect. Also, there are effects such as command and control undead that explicitly affect you, so, no, not immune. I'm also fairly likely to use the ruling that intelligent undead are not immune to mind-affecting spells. After all, they aren't mindless.[/spoiler]
Arhosa Campaign World - Always Recruiting
Past, Present, and Future
Osteomancy - Rune Magic - Astral Magic
Class and Rule Collection
Player Resource Consortium
That is not dead which can eternal lie
And with strange aeons even death may die

TheWordSlinger

• Bi-Curious George
  • Nunc est bibendum
    • Email
« Reply #486 on: May 18, 2009, 01:17:38 PM »
Aralaxax grabs a couple smallish weapons at random and shoves them into his chest compartment, while keeping an eye out for anything particularly shiny.
[spoiler]1d20+1=8[/spoiler]
Currently playing:
Aralaxax, Warforged Osteomancer, Machines are my people, I wield bones as other wield swords.
"If you can pretend to be a half-orc barbarian or a dwarf wizard then you can pretend to be an alpha male."-Ninjarabbit
"The hotel shop only had two decent books, and I'd written both of them."-Douglas Adams
"It's funny how the Earth never opens up and swallows you when you want it to." Xander Harris, Buffy the Vampire Slayer

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #487 on: May 18, 2009, 01:50:53 PM »
Grizz's eyes widen until his eyes glisten nearly as much as the mirrored finish of many of the arms in the room. At once he skitters off to rummage through them, looking for the shiniest object he can find.

[spoiler]Search, and for the heck of it, Appraise:
1d20+6=20
1d20+6=22
[/spoiler]

Ieniemienie

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #488 on: May 19, 2009, 04:16:17 AM »
Ooh, nice! Iamde says while he quickly enters the rooms and scouts for the shiniest dagger he can find.
Lavres looks puzzled at the strange band of people rummaging trough unnaturally shiny objects...

Stratovarius

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #489 on: May 19, 2009, 12:39:04 PM »
Each person is able to find the exact weapon that they look for, gleaming in magically enhanced steel and other, more precious metals. To Grizz, there appears to be a fortune in ancient gear scattered about the room, each item more valuable than the last.
Arhosa Campaign World - Always Recruiting
Past, Present, and Future
Osteomancy - Rune Magic - Astral Magic
Class and Rule Collection
Player Resource Consortium
That is not dead which can eternal lie
And with strange aeons even death may die

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #490 on: May 19, 2009, 01:56:14 PM »
"Hmm... Grizz can not carry everything! There are too many shinies for Grizz alone. Too bad Grizz has not one of the magic bags what hold more than they let on..."

Grizz covers his eyes and turns his head, then suddenly releases his face and looks about again. He is dejected to find that this is not a magic wish-granting room.

"Hmmph. Grizz wonders why these arms stay shiny, while the ones before rusted away. Better atmosphere in here, yes, but something is amiss about this section of caverns..."

[spoiler]Grizz can't really use many weapons or armor anyway. Maybe a light crossbow to replace his current one, but otherwise weapons and armor don't benefit him much. I'm sure everyone else can make some use of them though. :)[/spoiler]

TheWordSlinger

• Bi-Curious George
  • Nunc est bibendum
    • Email
« Reply #491 on: May 19, 2009, 02:59:23 PM »
Aralaxax also looks for a light crossbow, or simply takes Grizz's cast aside one. Intriguing design... I could use this...
Currently playing:

Ieniemienie

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #492 on: May 20, 2009, 06:13:10 AM »
After Iamde has located a light crossbow and shiny dagger to his liking, he ventures out to find a nice suit of armor for Lavres.
A good looking little kitty you will be! The darkness of the Shadows matching nicely to the shinyness of the armors. And he nods.