Author Topic: Ymdaith chan 'r Farw  (Read 61696 times)

AlisAtAn

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
    • Email
Re: Ymdaith chan 'r Farw
« Reply #40 on: September 15, 2008, 02:19:29 PM »

Odin chews aggressively at one of the bones, his face looking almost normal compared to what it did only minutes ago. Granted, his rage and bloodlust was abnormal, but those of you who got a look at him the seconds before he sunk his jaws into the first creature could have sworn his face looked different. Twisted, and it was something about his teeth... They somehow looked even bigger and more menacing than normal.

If the skin is usable, Odin will skin the creatures and take the skin with him. (Assuming I`m taking a 10 on the survival check to do so.)

[spoiler]
OOC: According to Strato I`m the only shifter (And certainly the only feral one) around, so none of you have ever seen anyone of my kind before, much less one shifting.'
[/spoiler]
Odin, Feral Shifter Feral Shifter. "Can I drown the dead rat now?"
Loke, Dread Magnate "Me all good and nice. Ask any questions and I`ll kill you twice."

DnD classes is kind of like art. You make lots of stuff that everyone loves but aint no fun to play. This one is like getting a nude pic of Britney Spears when she was hot above your bed.  Anyone can appreciate it. And it works as it should in practise, not just in theory. -Me to Strato regarding his Elemental

Ieniemienie

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: September 15, 2008, 02:22:30 PM »
While preparing the two hounds on a stick above a fire, Iamde carefully examines the internal organs and skeleton. He looks for weak points in the hide of the creatures and such, because he knows this information might prove useful for survival in the desert.

After examining the animals, Iamde goes to find a good stakeout spot and collects several rocks he can use to chizel scultures from during the night.
'DnD is not a game; it is a membership in a tribe that I joined long ago.'

Stupidity should be painful!

Stratovarius

• Hong Kong
  • Player Resource Consortium
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: September 16, 2008, 12:01:59 PM »
Recovering from the exertions of the fight, the party spends that day in drowsy slumber, broken only by the occasional clack of stone, as Iamde goes about shaping his small statuette. The falling of the sun heralds their waking, and the beginning of their travel, once more in the direction of the stone cliffs. That night, the party felt perhaps the best of any since their first day out of the city, flush with a successful combat, and with the taste of fresh meat on their lips. The rest lay stored away in packs, waiting to be consumed.

They journeyed onwards, a second, and thence a third day, taking them to the foot of these great cliffs, the side of a fallen mountain, crumbled beneath the ages of time and the weight of the past. Littering the base of these mountains are great clefts, caves that go down into the darkness, where weaker stone has been driven out by water and time. From within emanates a strange and powerful scent, a musk that hangs over the fetid air at the base of the cliff face.

[spoiler]Add 3 days of food from the creatures (Which were a pair of Sand Hunters). Knock off 3 days of food and water from the extra journey (so food is flat, overall).[/spoiler]
Arhosa Campaign World - Always Recruiting
Past, Present, and Future
Osteomancy - Rune Magic - Astral Magic
Class and Rule Collection
Player Resource Consortium
That is not dead which can eternal lie
And with strange aeons even death may die

AlisAtAn

• Email
« Reply #43 on: September 16, 2008, 03:20:58 PM »
Well. Seems to me we can go down into the cool shadows or try and climb over this sucker. Personally I`d rather climb down.

Odin throws a rock into the closest 3 clefts, secures his 50ft rope as close as possible to the one thats the shortest way down(Take 20 on the rope check), and climbs down, carrying his whole pack. Sil, throw down the rope when everyone has climbed down, yeah?
Loke, Dread Magnate "Me all good and nice. Ask any questions and I`ll kill you twice."

DnD classes is kind of like art. You make lots of stuff that everyone loves but aint no fun to play. This one is like getting a nude pic of Britney Spears when she was hot above your bed.  Anyone can appreciate it. And it works as it should in practise, not just in theory. -Me to Strato regarding his Elemental

Schala_Zeal

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
« Reply #44 on: September 16, 2008, 10:56:08 PM »
Certainly.  Silethias keeps watch as the preparations are made.  I'll have to lower my gear down first.

[spoiler]Sorry - I haven't gotten around to adjusting my gear yet.  Real life sucks.  I'll be picking up mostly water and checking for any way to gain more arrows.[/spoiler]

Ieniemienie

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #45 on: September 17, 2008, 04:45:56 AM »
Iamde looks slightly anxious at the steep slope and rope dangling from it. Luckily Lavres is very familiar with this kind of territory and leaps from rock to rock to end up down the cliff safely in no-time. Carefully Iamde makes his descent, making sure he doesn't release the rope on his way down.

When he nears the bottom, the putrid smell of fecies and excrement reach his nose, but Iamde has smelled worse and arrives safely. He takes a deep breath and tries to determine what exactly produces this smell Knowledge [Nature] (1d20+8=18)

Stratovarius

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: September 17, 2008, 12:29:03 PM »
[spoiler]It's a cave, it's not a crevasse you need to climb down. You can just walk into it.[/spoiler]

Stratovarius

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: September 17, 2008, 10:56:36 PM »
It was a cold and dank cave that the adventurers delved down into. Fetid and dank, there was a small pool of light in the middle of the floor, created by the sun shining down from above. Aside from that, there was no natural light, and the cave was floored in shattered rocks that made movement somewhat difficult. The air pulsed, with the breeze seeing to come from deeper into the cavern and it was that air that carried the foulest of the scents.

In the corner of the cavern, a noise sounded, and a creature came forward, blinking at the arrival of the unexpected visitors. It was, for all intents and purposes, a halfling, but one whose dried skin and aged features told of a long spoke of long days and longer years spent in the desert. Stepping forward, he spoke to the party.

Llochlyn

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: September 18, 2008, 10:34:30 AM »
It stinks in here, but at least, we're not scorched by the sun. What ? Someone lives here ? Odd. He must come from somewhere... I wonder, is he like us ?

AlisAtAn

• Email
« Reply #49 on: September 18, 2008, 12:42:49 PM »
Its a deader. Lets kill it some more. Hate deaders. And it stinks, too.

Straw_Man

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #50 on: September 18, 2008, 05:05:00 PM »

Does this fulsome virtuous .... (looks at the group) ... err, accomplished travelers have a small drink on them. Poor Farr is much parched by the searing winds and would throw himself on your mercy. A little cherry brandy would go down well, hmm or a saucy little merrino, maybe some baked ham to go with it ... no, far too salty, a pastry mayhaps. Damn I'm tired of water ....

The dry and weathered halfling moves to reveal a sizable paunch and the remnants of meals slathered over his formerly rich red trews and the small knives and keyring he wears openly on his belt as he keeps mumbling to himself on various delicacies.
"No, no, don't think, Maya." Ritsuko chided. "We will not gattai the Evas or their pilots.

Such thoughts lead inevitably to transformation sequences."

AlisAtAn

• Email
« Reply #51 on: September 18, 2008, 05:11:09 PM »
Ohh. Its mad. A mad deader. And its gotten me hungry, too. I think we should kill it. At least.

Straw_Man

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: September 18, 2008, 05:17:49 PM »

What mad?! No Farr distinctively does not feel angry, though poor Farr is beginning to feel a little alarmed by the brutish cannibalistic leader of this band. Alas Farr is doomed by the Fates, not intrepid heroes but bandits have come: not to rescue but to vilely make of him a pudding.

Poor Farr is all skin and bones, he will not taste good at all. The oils will be rancid and the meat dry as dust the bones hollow and sharp. Also Farr admits that a youthful mischance with a sweet orcish lass has cursed him with vile deseases that will rot the manhood of such virile strong men!

Will some with sense talk to yon beastlike man and avert his pecuniarious hunger! 
"No, no, don't think, Maya." Ritsuko chided. "We will not gattai the Evas or their pilots.

AlisAtAn

• Email
« Reply #53 on: September 18, 2008, 05:36:08 PM »
...Who`s you calling pekkisharius? I bet my club is bigger than your club. *Waves his greatclub proudly around* Ohhh thats right. Your`s fell off from eating orc`y kids. Odin laughs at his own stupid joke and seem to think he has the situation under control.

OOC
[spoiler]Well, you got his thoughts away from food, at least.  :P[/spoiler]

Smudgy

• Curious George
« Reply #54 on: September 18, 2008, 06:46:38 PM »
'Hold Odin. This thing may be of use.' Jibt looked the strange halfling up and down. He seemed liked he had been here awhile, he must know his way around the surrounding area, and know a variety of ways to survive. Not to mention he might have some bones lying around. Jibt was itching to get some new ones after his companions ruined the hounds before he even had a chance.

'I have an offer, Farr. I'll give you some ale or wine, your choice. In return, you supply us with information, along with access for me to any bones you have recently acquired. Fair, yes? No?'

OOC[spoiler]Sorry for the late post. I've been facing a category 4 homework hurricane, and was too dumb to evacuate.[/spoiler]

Schala_Zeal

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
« Reply #55 on: September 18, 2008, 08:54:22 PM »
Sure he's harmless, Silesia thinks sarcastically to himself as he watches the halfling before them.  But I suppose trying to talk won't hurt... right...

Ieniemienie

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #56 on: September 19, 2008, 07:37:18 AM »
Iamde uses all his force to stop Lavres from charging the poor halfling. The poor Serval has never lost his desire for flesh although being undead, he can not taste it. Iamde carefully examines the pathetic halfling, but finds it of minor interest to him. Instead he starts lokoing for nice rocks which he can shape into some nice figurines during the night.

Llochlyn

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #57 on: September 19, 2008, 01:03:48 PM »
Blatantly ignoring what happens between his companions, they are what they are after all (as long as they don't try to eat him), The Traveller asks the weird halfling :

Speak now, tell us who you are and how you did end here... More importantly : where do you come from ?

Straw_Man

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #58 on: September 20, 2008, 09:27:27 PM »

"Why kind sir Farr is from here, as of the last ... of whenever they had a Ymdathy Channer Flower last. Untimely Farr's noble companions were slain by beasts not a days walk from here. Noble but cautious Farr chose to be rearguard that day and barely saved himself and a comrade. Alas Fiskin died from wounds sustained and Farr buried young Fisk's bones behind the cave."

"Farr thanks the kind master for his offer of wine and heartily welcomes him to search among Farr's cooking fire.  Several days walk from here is an oasis, but the unkind people there do not take too kindly to new arrivals, as you can deduce from poor Farr's current housing. As to current events ... Farr is somewhat out of date as to the goings and doings of the Royal Palace but is willing to speculate,"
he says with a broad guileless smile.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2008, 06:48:05 PM by Straw_Man »

Ieniemienie

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #59 on: September 21, 2008, 06:05:34 AM »
Hmm, this story could hold true. Quickly grab some bones Jibt, and lets get on towards the oasis: Lavres is craving for some water to play in.