Author Topic: Crossovers you'd like to see  (Read 5860 times)

Cyrocloud

• Curious George
    • Email
Re: Crossovers you'd like to see
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2008, 03:38:40 AM »
I believe threads like these are the reason why the gift of Kingdom Hearts was given out to the world, for all to enjoy and frolic with.

Gundam/Transformers might be interesting too, but I think Gundams dwarf Transformers, so maybe Code Geass would make a better substitute for it.  Kingdom Hearts/Super Smash is the central focus of all my prayers and dreams (fuck you world hunger). 

Zuki

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2008, 02:08:55 PM »
Pokemon/Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex.

So I don't know if I actually want to see this, or just see how cracktacular it would be. Perhaps Digimon would be more appropriate?

Actually, what I'd really like is a Battling Pet Monsters show or game that is written and plotted with appealing to the older portion of the fanbase in mind. Something with more complexity of plot, character, and morality. If the later seasons of Nanoha could do it for the Magical Girl genre, the somebody else can do it for A Boy And His Magical Electric Rodent.

I'd probably settle for a quality rendition of a battling pet monster RPG. I've never seen a complete Pokemon d20 conversion, I'm not really keen on BESM so Cock-Fighting Seizure Monsters is out, Pokethulhu is hilariously excellent (and uses sinister dodecahedrons, bonus!) but I'd like something with a bit more crunch and meat to it. Monsters and Other Childish Things has some fun gaming potential, especially if you wanted to slant it heavily back towards the Mythos side of things, but it's a bit too far distant from the Pokemon concept.

Meh. Maybe I'll kludge together something with FATE/Spirit of the Century. Right after the Avatar: The Last Airbender conversion. Or learning how to run the base game.

*ponders setting a Pokemon game in a pulptastic Spirit of the Century-esque setting*

...I should probably stop posting now before I derail the thread any further. I'll undoubtedly be back later with more Crossovers That Should Not Be.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2008, 04:47:37 PM »
Claymore/Codename: Kids Next Door

Both feature powerful organisations with members that are doomed to eventually become the enemy. C'mon, you know it would be awesome :P
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

fil kearney

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • KILLFEAR.COM
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2008, 04:52:17 PM »
secret of nihm / inhumanoids

love hina / hellraiser

Darth Krzysztof

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
  • Texan Metal Sith Lord
    • Cold Blood - my chat-based D&D v.3.5 Planescape campaign
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2008, 11:22:09 PM »
The Tick / Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog.

I was watching it in my head last night. If I weren't so busy with my campaign I might make a pass at writing it.
Cold Blood - my chat-based D&D v.3.5 Planescape campaign.

Read my diatribe about chat-based gaming here.

ZeroSpace

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2008, 02:44:07 AM »
This actually brought up an unusual cross-over rumble me and a couple of buddies thought up once; Borg Drone vs Alien (from movie of the same name). This brought up a weird discussion of who would actually beat who. They're both on par in terms of power, but after that I dunno. One on one, the Alien is faster, as well as more... stable alone than the borg. Also, that acid blood of their would make assimilation tricky.

On a shamelessly unrelated note, I likes my new avvy. The full poster was $15 well spent.
YAY! I get to go to the SPECIAL hell!

"The picks aren't breaking through, sir!"
"Alright men, time to break out the greatswords!"

"You may not make money being a bad-ass!"
-My DM

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
  • You've got one round to give a rat's ass.
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2008, 01:15:33 PM »
secret of nihm / inhumanoids

love hina / hellraiser

What? For the massive corpse-fest that would ensue? Two problems:

1: Three of the characters in Love Hina have supernatural combat techniques (Motoko, Naru, Kanako), and then you have Su. Su I can believe being killed during the crossover (her own mechs could do it). The others? Not so much.
2: Keitaro would be more or less guaranteed to survive, seeing as he is freaking immortal. Which is bad.

Otherwise I would agree with you on the idea.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Cap Smash

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
  • Magic Missile. I counter it.
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2008, 08:03:50 PM »
Ninja Gaiden 2 and mass effect.

Bear with me a second.

Now you have the mako crossing the surface of a planet and you see a black humanoid shape standing on top of a far off hill, and a hundred dead geth when you get there. and only a lone shuriken as a clue to who did it.

or

Shepard and ryu running down a corridor blitzing a few hundred geth, and ryu kicking the main bad guy,(whose name I shant spoil, people might not know.) In His face. and the geth fiend hybrids start showing up