Author Topic: OOC Discussion  (Read 28047 times)

TheWordSlinger

• Bi-Curious George
  • Nunc est bibendum
    • Email
Re: OOC Discussion
« Reply #120 on: February 02, 2009, 03:46:00 PM »
I guess I'll post here. I'm gonna be making a character to join up with the remaining characters here. I'm wondering if you all are still 2nd level and if you'd like a Chronomancer(Time mage), an Osteogen(bone mage), or a Proteus(fighter/mage/thief). These are all custom classes of Strat's. For race, I was looking at Warforged. I've read the last couple pages of the rp, and was thinking I could be some ancient construct that was awakened by the activation of the alter thing. If the one who activated it(Mini Me) is still around, I could either be activated to serve or stop him, depending on how I feel at the time of actual character creation. I was also wondering if there were any important facts I would need to know about the group that the first post and last two pages wouldn't tell me. I'll read the rest of the rp. but it might be a few days(read: weeks) before I do so...
Currently playing:
Forte Lulz, Chaotic EVIL Bard bent on world domination;
Canere Potentia, to sing of power.
Aralaxax, Warforged Osteomancer, Machines are my people, I wield bones as other wield swords.
Randall Gray, she's not sexually confused, honest!
Zion "I can make followers, but why bother when people line up for me?"
Currently DMing: Real Men Use Their Hands, World's Largest Dungeon
"If you can pretend to be a half-orc barbarian or a dwarf wizard then you can pretend to be an alpha male."-Ninjarabbit
"The hotel shop only had two decent books, and I'd written both of them."-Douglas Adams
"It's funny how the Earth never opens up and swallows you when you want it to." Xander Harris, Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #121 on: February 02, 2009, 03:53:47 PM »
Important things about the group: Depending on who's still around (I'm not sure) there might still be a mix of good and evil characters.  I believe that we already have a Proteus.  Oh, and we've got undead too.  And my character enjoys philosophical discussions about the soul!

I'll stop rambling now.  :P

Strat, I'm curious, will my Martyr rituals work on a warforged?
My babies - A thread of random builds I've come up with over the years.
Notes to self

TheWordSlinger

• Bi-Curious George
  • Nunc est bibendum
    • Email
« Reply #122 on: February 02, 2009, 04:00:20 PM »
Philosophical discussion on the soul? Warforged sounds perfect then!
Currently playing:
Aralaxax, Warforged Osteomancer, Machines are my people, I wield bones as other wield swords.
"If you can pretend to be a half-orc barbarian or a dwarf wizard then you can pretend to be an alpha male."-Ninjarabbit
"The hotel shop only had two decent books, and I'd written both of them."-Douglas Adams
"It's funny how the Earth never opens up and swallows you when you want it to." Xander Harris, Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Stratovarius

• Hong Kong
  • Player Resource Consortium
    • Email
« Reply #123 on: February 02, 2009, 04:09:49 PM »
It's just Straw and Nanshork who are still around.

No, Martyr rituals by and large work on the living.
Arhosa Campaign World - Always Recruiting
Past, Present, and Future
Osteomancy - Rune Magic - Astral Magic
Class and Rule Collection
Player Resource Consortium
That is not dead which can eternal lie
And with strange aeons even death may die

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #124 on: February 02, 2009, 04:49:47 PM »
Just Straw and I?  Then we're a good party and have a Proteus already.
Notes to self

Smudgy

• Curious George
« Reply #125 on: February 02, 2009, 04:58:17 PM »
My work on Astral Magic won't be done for awhile, but I'd still like to rejoin this game. I've been toying with the idea of a Grippli Siphoner who throws nets on people and then touches then to drain their souls, but it's still in the works. Just letting you know I'm here and interested.

TheWordSlinger

• Bi-Curious George
  • Nunc est bibendum
    • Email
« Reply #126 on: February 02, 2009, 04:59:41 PM »
Then I think I'll go Osteogen. A robot fascinated by the power contained in the bodies of organic beings. Really...you're quite fascinating....
Currently playing:

Smudgy

• Curious George
« Reply #127 on: February 02, 2009, 05:22:04 PM »
Just don't forget to buy the materials necessary for harvesting and attuning the bones. Without them, it's kind of hard to gain new spells, considering you don't have any bones that are attuned to them.

TheWordSlinger

• Bi-Curious George
  • Nunc est bibendum
    • Email
« Reply #128 on: February 02, 2009, 05:24:59 PM »
I'll be reading the whole Osteogen description very carefully before I start my char. Thanks for the tip, SHM.
Currently playing:

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #129 on: February 03, 2009, 05:06:52 AM »
I'd be interested, probably, in either the Elementalist or Chronomancer. Any thoughts?

Ieniemienie

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #130 on: February 03, 2009, 08:24:42 AM »
I cannot walk away from my deathly character who is just being imbued with dark magical powers! Please Strato, take me back!!!!  :D
'DnD is not a game; it is a membership in a tribe that I joined long ago.'

Stupidity should be painful!

Ieniemienie

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #131 on: February 03, 2009, 08:39:16 AM »
Description
Before you stands a creature solely made of bones and pieces of decaying flesh. You vaguely recognize familiar features in that what remains of the body: Half rotten pointy ears and dark gray skin more than give away the origin of this creature as well as its true nature... The little clothes that are draped around his body are filled with holes and give little protection from the elements. When giving this stranger a closer look, shadows can be perceived whirling around his body, shrouding him an eerie dark glow.

To his side wanders a cat like creature that has been equally contaminated by the darkness and small clouds of it seems to drift off the creature's body as it moves. A strange piece of flesh that must once have been a tail seems to hover above ground in a strange fashion. Surely this is one of the few, if not only, creatures that can withstand the vile nature of the decaying elf.

The living have long ago rejected the strange undead traveller and now he wanders between inhospitable places where only the creatures of the region and his ugly cat-like companion can follow him. Obviously sharing the same dark secret, they will roam the earth until nothing remains of their bodies but a pile of ashes.
'DnD is not a game; it is a membership in a tribe that I joined long ago.'

Stupidity should be painful!

Stratovarius

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #132 on: February 03, 2009, 11:58:25 AM »
I cannot walk away from my deathly character who is just being imbued with dark magical powers! Please Strato, take me back!!!!  :D

Didn't you tell me you were only playing 4e?:P

Either class sounds fine, Venn. Just coordinate with the others.

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #133 on: February 03, 2009, 09:56:53 PM »
Hmm, my only concern about the Chronomancer is figuring out what it's supposed to do after it's used its slices for the encounter, at least early on in level. Also, some of the slices don't have a range mentioned, and is it a swift action to use all of them? I think that's what I get from the class features such as Slicer's Boon.

In any case, while it's certainly interesting, I think given my primary reservations, Elementalist should be the path I choose. Access to all spells total, so long as they have an elemental descriptor? Not too shabby, all in all. :)

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #134 on: February 03, 2009, 10:57:42 PM »
I'm working on a complete Elementalist spell list with all non setting-specific books researched.  Strat has a copy with all 0 and 1st level spells completed with descriptions et all.
Notes to self

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #135 on: February 03, 2009, 11:02:24 PM »
Is that posted anywhere? Otherwise I'd just have to use the WotC Spell Index and search by descriptor words. :D

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #136 on: February 03, 2009, 11:04:28 PM »
Got an e-mail or instant messenger I could give it to you through?  Just be aware that it is super incomplete but I'm working on it.
Notes to self

Stratovarius

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #137 on: February 04, 2009, 11:44:44 AM »
Hmm, my only concern about the Chronomancer is figuring out what it's supposed to do after it's used its slices for the encounter, at least early on in level. Also, some of the slices don't have a range mentioned, and is it a swift action to use all of them? I think that's what I get from the class features such as Slicer's Boon.

In any case, while it's certainly interesting, I think given my primary reservations, Elementalist should be the path I choose. Access to all spells total, so long as they have an elemental descriptor? Not too shabby, all in all. :)

Hrmm... I thought I went through and added a range to the slices. All of them are swift action, which is mentioned in the casting rules. I've considered upping the BAB for the class, to allow him better melee options when his slices run out.

TheWordSlinger

• Bi-Curious George
  • Nunc est bibendum
    • Email
« Reply #138 on: February 04, 2009, 11:50:41 AM »
I posted this in the other thread, but I may as well repost here. :D
"A couple question about Osteogens. Would a Warforged be able to benefit from Hardened Skeleton? And what's the range for Liquify Bone? And can it be used an unlimited number of times each day? Do Osseins suffer from Arcane Spell Failure?
Also, what are DC's rules for character creation? Wealth? Ability scores? Flaws/Traits?"
Currently playing:

Stratovarius

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #139 on: February 04, 2009, 12:29:56 PM »
Already replied :P