Author Topic: Dragon Con Holy Crap!  (Read 8185 times)

adam

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
  • Tech support
    • Email
Dragon Con Holy Crap!
« on: September 02, 2008, 07:42:41 PM »
So, I went to Dragon con.  I offered crash space to this chick.  2 days into staying with her, I realize "Holy crap, this is Meg from Brilliant Gameologists!"

That's not entirely accurate, but jeez, much more entertaining than the truth.  I wanted to post over here, saying "Hey, Meg was awesome at Dragon Con."  We wandered about, got drunk, and had a great time.  We loudly (read: silently) stormed (read: snuck) out of the Parsecs after the RPG winner was announced.

Tiki bowl!

Cam_Banks

• Curious George
    • Margaret Weis Productions
    • Email
Re: Dragon Con Holy Crap!
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2008, 08:36:39 PM »
Meg is a pretty cool chick, yeah. I didn't get to do much of the hanging out, but what can you do.

Cheers,
Cam
Managing Editor & Community Manager | Margaret Weis Productions

Meg

• Message Board Extraordinaire
  • Brilliant Gameologist
  • Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Are you rapier than me?
    • Brilliant Gameologists
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2008, 09:43:02 PM »
DragonCon was a total blast!  Adam is the reason I was able to go cause the only other offer I got for crash space was sharing a normal, 2 bed room with 8 other people and I'm not so down with that.  As I told Adam, not everyone is as ok with the snuggling as me. 

Adam, I agree, your made up story is much more entertaining.

I'm also glad Adam (and his wife) were around to talk sense into me before the Parsecs started.  I said I thought it would be funny that once they announced the winner not being Brilliant Gameologists I should stand up and yell, "Fuck this shit!" and storm out.  Very Kathy Griffin-esque.  If the tiki-bowls had been before that point I may have actually done that, but good to have a voice of reason around.

Yes, I just said Adam was a voice of reason.

(And if you don't get that, you're not listening to The Podgecast, so go do that now!)

And Cam!  It was incredible getting to meet you.  I was able to talk to you and stand right next to a shelf of Battlestar Gallactica RPG's and listen as people came up to the booth asking what kind of game it was and didn't say anything!  There were no fights at all- it must've been Cam's "hawt kiwi accent" as Jamie Chambers said.  Who I did get to hang out with quite a bit, including at the infamous "shhhh party".  And then a crazy weird 80's disco like dance with trailers of grindhouse movies playing.  You try dancing to "Walk like an Egyptian" while watching a black and white horror flick type trailer! 

Got to see a ton of my favorite celebrities-- went to panels for Aqua Teen and Venture Brothers which were amazing.  The Firefly panel with Nathan and Alan and Morena and Jewel was great.  Saw the Bad Astronomer and James Randi. 

Great time all around.  Adam, his wife, and his friend Phil were great roommates and it was great meeting them all.

"Shit, that drink is like a bowl full of rum with some ice."

All of my updates are on twitter! 

This is my angry voice.  Text written in red, by me, is  an official moderator "suggestion"

Want to meet me or the other Gameologists?  Check out where we'll be on the Conventions, Meetups and Events board!

Kai

• (rhymes with pie)
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Donkey Kong
  • Don't panic!
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2008, 10:01:12 PM »

First time I read that I thought you said "Shit, that drink is like a bowl full of fun with some ice."

Anywhoozle...fuck those Parsec Award guys. Clearly they don't know their shit.
"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." ~Mahatma Gandhi

PhoenixInferno

• Hong Kong
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2008, 10:08:12 PM »
They knew enough to nominate them...

AfterCrescent

• Honorary Moderator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Here After
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2008, 10:12:20 PM »
And then drank themselves stupid. :pout
The cake is a lie.
Need to play table top? Get your game on at:
Brilliant Gameologists' PbP Forum. Do it, you know you want to.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook
The 13th Guard - An alternate history campaign idea.
Clerics just wake up one morning and decide they need to kick ass, and it needs to be kicked NOW. ~veekie

Meg

• Brilliant Gameologist
  • Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Brilliant Gameologists
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2008, 10:53:27 PM »
 :D Actually, I may have actually done it if one of the MMORPG's won.  The description of the Best Gaming Podcast award talked about "from Monopoly to dice to TCG's, here's the podcasts that talk about games!"  The City of Heros and WoW podcast don't enter into it! 

Luckily, one of Don Dehm from Pulp Gamer's podcasts won and rightly so in my point of view.  I'm very happy for him. 

I'd say "It's just an honor to be nominated" except the Parsec awards' list doesn't actually link to us so it didn't up our traffic at all, so it wasn't as big of an honor as it should've been.

But still-- It worked out well.  Loosing is a slightly better story and we had our rejection speech all ready to go anyway which will be recorded soon.  Plus, if I had won, I would've felt obligated to stay... and there was fliking so... yeah, it was a good thing!

This is my angry voice.  Text written in red, by me, is  an official moderator "suggestion"

Want to meet me or the other Gameologists?  Check out where we'll be on the Conventions, Meetups and Events board!

Meg

• Brilliant Gameologist
  • Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Brilliant Gameologists
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2008, 10:54:01 PM »

First time I read that I thought you said "Shit, that drink is like a bowl full of fun with some ice."

Oh, it was that too.  It was that motherfucking too. 

Ubernoob

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Happy Panda
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2008, 12:09:26 AM »
So, how long til Dallas?
Ubernoob is a happy panda.

Meg

• Brilliant Gameologist
  • Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Brilliant Gameologists
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2008, 12:30:00 AM »
Ha!  Don't get your hopes up too high, I'm probably not as cool as everyone makes out. 

I'm in Dallas in November but unsure the exact dates yet.  The week of the 5th but hoping to leave that Friday, so like Tues-Friday maybe.

But that's nothing to do with DragonCon or any other geek convention!

PhoenixInferno

• Hong Kong
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2008, 03:58:29 AM »
Ha!  Don't get your hopes up too high, I'm probably not as cool as everyone makes out. 
Cooler, perhaps? :)

Meg

• Brilliant Gameologist
  • Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Brilliant Gameologists
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2008, 10:35:41 AM »
Cooler, perhaps? :)
:blush  Aw shucks.  *kicks invisible piece of fluff on ground*

adam

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
  • Tech support
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2008, 11:59:18 AM »
"Hey, who wrote 'The Moon RULEZ #1' with their key, on my car?"

Phil

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2008, 01:07:37 PM »
yeah, award shows suck ass. I dont even like watching them on TV. I should have just drank more.

adam

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
  • Tech support
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2008, 01:59:27 PM »
It was scripted... badly.  Which is weird because everyone there was a podcaster... HOW CAN THEY NOT HAVE THINGS TO SAY?

Phil

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2008, 02:30:23 PM »
because they are trying to do forced funny

Meg

• Brilliant Gameologist
  • Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Brilliant Gameologists
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2008, 04:03:24 PM »
The best was the scripted unscripted portion.  "It. is. funnier. when. we. just. talk."

But whatever!  The parsecs were just one small part of the whole con.  Though I am going to upload a picture of the consolation drink I got for loosing (thanks Phil!). 

I can't believe we have like 7 posts in this thread and haven't talked about the boobs yet.  Oh my god boobs. 

AfterCrescent

• Honorary Moderator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Here After
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2008, 04:15:10 PM »
<Insert standard Pics or it didn't happen comment>
The cake is a lie.
Need to play table top? Get your game on at:
Brilliant Gameologists' PbP Forum. Do it, you know you want to.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook
The 13th Guard - An alternate history campaign idea.
Clerics just wake up one morning and decide they need to kick ass, and it needs to be kicked NOW. ~veekie

Meg

• Brilliant Gameologist
  • Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Brilliant Gameologists
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2008, 04:23:54 PM »
Adam's flickr stream is a good place to start:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/72798361@N00/sets/72157607075479688/

After that just do a flickr search for Dragon Con and you'll soon see what I mean.

I have one of a girl as Cock Tease from Venture brothers that is great, but the two girls as Dr. Mrs. The Monarch were ... delightful.  Adam's wife is pretty spectacular as well. 

adam

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
  • Tech support
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2008, 04:27:52 PM »
Yeah, I've heard she has a big rack.