Author Topic: New CO game - Express Interest!  (Read 35326 times)

JanusJones

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
Re: New CO game - Express Interest!
« Reply #60 on: May 18, 2008, 03:01:02 AM »
Okay, okay - I proposed this inna first place, so please please PLEASE tell me I got a slot here?

Puh-leeeze?

JanusJones

« Reply #61 on: May 18, 2008, 03:03:23 AM »
ok, I've posted the character sheet over in Min/Max to get help.  I'm considering taking the regional feat Long Reach for use w/ the Longspear, if thats ok.  I'm not sure about feats...

Anyways to abuse Jump at level 1 (besides what its intended for)?

Battle Jump + big jump checks = WIN!   :D

JanusJones

« Reply #62 on: May 18, 2008, 03:04:12 AM »
He'll be here.  He's one of my heroes.  His DFA handbook is my favorite.

So normally I'd give it like a week for everyone to express interest, but I may have 2/3 of the board here by then. So I reserve the right to close interest expression randomly.

I already assume I'll be running 2 games, much like arch/noob

Awww . . . <blushes crimson>.    :blush  I lurve you too!  Can't wait!  Slobbering in anticipation!

AfterCrescent

• Organ Grinder
  • Here After
« Reply #63 on: May 18, 2008, 03:08:44 AM »
Good to see you've arrived :)
The cake is a lie.
Need to play table top? Get your game on at:
Brilliant Gameologists' PbP Forum. Do it, you know you want to.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook
The 13th Guard - An alternate history campaign idea.
Clerics just wake up one morning and decide they need to kick ass, and it needs to be kicked NOW. ~veekie

JanusJones

« Reply #64 on: May 18, 2008, 03:15:02 AM »
Hrm.  Hokay.  Some options:

Sneaky Fucker: I like hiding in plain sight.  I'm good at it.  I make characters who cannot be seen.  I enjoy them.  They tear shit up.  I laugh.

Dragonfire Spitter: A touch-attack sniper of a Swift Hunter.

DFA: Yeah, they've got low-level WIN tattooed on their butts.  And they're kinda my thing.

NEED to know about traits n' flaws!   :blah

How cheesy/CO should we get?  I think there are a few levels of optimization, honestly . . .

1. "I'm a ROLE-player!": This is the dimwitted "I took WP Focus 'cuz my wizard has this dagger he really likes!" level.  Woo.

2. Competent: A Wizard with Color Spray at 1st.  This is the level for most competent players, at which they don't make DUMB moves and know what things do.

3. Slick: This is when some totally legal, inarguable, but pretty unique and effective tricks come out.  Entangling Exhalatiion on a 1st-level DFA, Tomb-Tainted Soul on a Dread Necro, Dragonfire Strike + Shape Soulmeld - Dissolving Spittle for a 3d6 touch attack at-will at level 1, etc.

4. Slightly Cheesy: This is where things are still legal, but you run the risk of annoying a DM.  Examples include using the Half-Minotaur, White Dragonspawn Kobold + 1 level of Binder as a 1-level entry into Anima Mage, etc.

5. Limburger: Pun-pun's the worst of these, but there's a big list.  Candles of Invocation, using Racial Emulation and Assume Supernatural Ability to change into a crazy templated were-form with a Changeling at 1st, etc.  These are pretty much game-breaking and not worth it, on the whole.

5 is always out of the question for me (fun to think about, not to play!), but I wanted to check if level 4 were acceptable.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2008, 03:19:07 AM by JanusJones »

brislove

• Email
« Reply #65 on: May 18, 2008, 03:18:33 AM »
I have never done PBP...but I do kinda want to make iron man....

basic build, Human artificer(blaster), persistent Fly, swift by 5th level. Details take time. If you need to fill a spot I'll try out this PBP gaming style.

energy sub(Sonic) would be cool, I'll even drop it a die type. Since thats pretty iron man.

I'm actually working on a full build, I should have it up in the min/max forum in a couple days.

I'll need help with magic items, thats really one of my weaknesses in CO.

JanusJones

« Reply #66 on: May 18, 2008, 03:26:52 AM »
Be a Warforged.  Suits the look perfectly, plus you'll be able to imbue yourself and be immune to most everything.

Warforged are made of win.  Surriously.

EjoThims

• Grape ape
  • The Ferret
    • Email
« Reply #67 on: May 18, 2008, 03:29:07 AM »
Now I'm most assuredly very curious, EjoThims. :confused

I sent you a PM about it.

AfterCrescent

• Organ Grinder
  • Here After
« Reply #68 on: May 18, 2008, 03:33:47 AM »
1. "I'm a ROLE-player!": This is the dimwitted "I took WP Focus 'cuz my wizard has this dagger he really likes!" level.  Woo.

2. Competent: A Wizard with Color Spray at 1st.  This is the level for most competent players, at which they don't make DUMB moves and know what things do.

3. Slick: This is when some totally legal, inarguable, but pretty unique and effective tricks come out.  Entangling Exhalatiion on a 1st-level DFA, Tomb-Tainted Soul on a Dread Necro, Dragonfire Strike + Shape Soulmeld - Dissolving Spittle for a 3d6 touch attack at-will at level 1, etc.

4. Slightly Cheesy: This is where things are still legal, but you run the risk of annoying a DM.  Examples include using the Half-Minotaur, White Dragonspawn Kobold + 1 level of Binder as a 1-level entry into Anima Mage, etc.

5. Limburger: Pun-pun's the worst of these, but there's a big list.  Candles of Invocation, using Racial Emulation and Assume Supernatural Ability to change into a crazy templated were-form with a Changeling at 1st, etc.  These are pretty much game-breaking and not worth it, on the whole.

Either 3 or 4 is fine by me.  I run my campaigns with a "If you don't use it, I won't use it" mentality, so if you want to use some of the less savory rules, as long as they are legal, I'm game. But they can and may be used against you.  I think this is one thing I'll let each group decide once everyone's selected. If your party would rather stay at level 3, I'd hope you would too :)
The cake is a lie.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook
Clerics just wake up one morning and decide they need to kick ass, and it needs to be kicked NOW. ~veekie

BoSheck

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #69 on: May 18, 2008, 03:35:22 AM »

Either 3 or 4 is fine by me.  I run my campaigns with a "If you don't use it, I won't use it" mentality, so if you want to use some of the less savory rules, as long as they are legal, I'm game. But they can and may be used against you.  I think this is one thing I'll let each group decide once everyone's selected. If your party would rather stay at level 3, I'd hope you would too :)

'escalation' is the word I use for that.  I use it to good effect in the games I run.  Players debate whether or not to 'open up' certain books for use.

I prefer somewhere between 3 and 4 personally :) 

AfterCrescent

• Organ Grinder
  • Here After
« Reply #70 on: May 18, 2008, 03:37:47 AM »
I'm a 3.5 man myself  :wink

Although there are some things I'll bring up once the parties are formed, just to get them out of the way earlier. Things like DCFS, Nightstick stacking, and MDJ.  Odds are that I get access to things before you do, so I'd like to know ahead of time :)
The cake is a lie.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook

JanusJones

« Reply #71 on: May 18, 2008, 03:44:07 AM »
Not a fan of Nightstick stacking myself.  I'm a 4, but only because the kind of characters I make (non-casters) kind of NEED 4-level builds to make them tick. 

Should we have a voting thread for each party?  I wanna be on JWO's team - been wanting to play inna game with the guy for-EVER.

AfterCrescent

• Organ Grinder
  • Here After
« Reply #72 on: May 18, 2008, 03:47:39 AM »
Just from my experience, I know some of the ones who have expressed interest here as regulars from WotC.  You all have impressive skills, so I think the best way is to have one CO Regulars party and one CO Lurkers party (no offense to anyone that feels they're not either and gets placed into one).  That's most likely how I'll do it.  Although if there's an outcry for something different, we'll adapt.
The cake is a lie.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook

EjoThims

• Grape ape
  • The Ferret
    • Email
« Reply #73 on: May 18, 2008, 03:49:00 AM »
I still need someone to go into cahoots with me on this!

:D :D :D

BoSheck

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #74 on: May 18, 2008, 03:52:23 AM »
Just from my experience, I know some of the ones who have expressed interest here as regulars from WotC.  You all have impressive skills, so I think the best way is to have one CO Regulars party and one CO Lurkers party (no offense to anyone that feels they're not either and gets placed into one).  That's most likely how I'll do it.  Although if there's an outcry for something different, we'll adapt.

I wouldn't be offended.  :lol 
I lurk. 
I'd feel worse if somebody were put off and I had responsibility.

MittenNinja

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
« Reply #75 on: May 18, 2008, 04:39:02 AM »
Still have some slots open? I'd be interested in jumping aboard if there's still room.

AfterCrescent

• Organ Grinder
  • Here After
« Reply #76 on: May 18, 2008, 04:41:59 AM »
Haven't selected who all is playing yet. Waiting to let anyone who wants to express interest to post and then moving forward. I'll probably run 2 games of 6 players (12 total). If we have a lot more, I may see if anyone wants to run a third or fourth game, and they would, of course, have a spot in one of my mine. I'm not a fan of ostracizing (sp?) people.
The cake is a lie.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook

MittenNinja

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
« Reply #77 on: May 18, 2008, 04:44:52 AM »
Well then color me interested. I'm pretty open to filling almost any role that needs to be filled. I've got some interesting ideas floating around.

Ieniemienie

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #78 on: May 18, 2008, 05:34:31 AM »
I'm not a great optimizer, but do feel for spending some free time on a nice game. Count me in as 'active reserve' :)
'DnD is not a game; it is a membership in a tribe that I joined long ago.'

Stupidity should be painful!

tarbrush

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #79 on: May 18, 2008, 07:45:52 AM »
I'd like to play please.  Gotta build I'd love to play, and all the games I try to play it in are dying or converting to 4th.