Author Topic: [D&D 3.5] Verold - Setup Thread  (Read 20326 times)

AndyJames

• Organ Grinder
  • Meep?
Re: [D&D 3.5] Verold - Setup Thread
« Reply #100 on: October 15, 2008, 05:33:46 PM »
Lasher has always been a favourite class of mine. I liked the whole Indianna Jones-like concept of it (I hurt you with a 20ft bullwhip). Plus there are ways to use a whip that other weapons just do not allow.

I am sure there are ways to abuse the Burning Trickster as well. I am just surprised that it doesn't have Fire Resistance thrown in as a class feature. A Beguiler with something that can add Fire spells to his list would be a good entry into it. Maybe a Beguiler/Fiendblooded. Hmm...

dman11235

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #102 on: October 23, 2008, 01:59:43 PM »
AC: My character sheet looks almost exactly like yours.  Wow.  Except instead of Power Attack I have TWF.  Though I'm thinking I may reconsider because I don't think I'm going to be taking FotF more than one level.  Only a 6d8 base damage means no abuse.  Oh, and I'm actually using the tiger sub levels.  Hmmm, what to do, what to do.  Should I give up the late game abilities and try to gain reach and play battlefield control?  I've got a whip that can do some major damage in that department...
My sig's Handy Haversack: Need help?  Want to see what I've done?  Want to see what others have done well?  Check it out.

AfterCrescent

• Organ Grinder
  • Here After
« Reply #103 on: October 23, 2008, 02:34:36 PM »
My build is going Monk4/FotF3/Hybrid5/Monk8. I'll be strictly tiger form for now, eventually going into Hybrid form (level ~6). Ejo is trying to convince me to use Feral Trance to go into that Earth PrC, but I'm not sold yet. What specifically are you aiming for with your monk? ;)
The cake is a lie.
Need to play table top? Get your game on at:
Brilliant Gameologists' PbP Forum. Do it, you know you want to.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook
The 13th Guard - An alternate history campaign idea.
Clerics just wake up one morning and decide they need to kick ass, and it needs to be kicked NOW. ~veekie

dman11235

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #104 on: October 23, 2008, 03:35:57 PM »
Well, I guess I'm fine then.  I was going to do monk 19/FotF 1 and just be a damage source.  Then I thought "well, I can get 25' reach by level 15 with unarmed strikes, so a BC monk/PW/FotF/Warshaper/Hybrid Master wouldn't be out of the question", but I also kinda want to own with a whip: 50' reach.  Minimum.  At level 10 or earlier.  But that requires at least one level in a PrC to be remotely effective.
My sig's Handy Haversack: Need help?  Want to see what I've done?  Want to see what others have done well?  Check it out.

EjoThims

• Grape ape
  • The Ferret
    • Email
« Reply #105 on: October 23, 2008, 04:02:10 PM »
Ejo is trying to convince me to use Feral Trance to go into that Earth PrC, but I'm not sold yet.

Not trying to convince you, just letting you know that since Feral Trance states it works so much like a rage, that it would work.  ;)

dman11235

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #106 on: October 23, 2008, 04:18:36 PM »
You should totally do it.

Hey Ejo, how open would you be to me reflavoring the Shiba Protector (and nixing the human requirement and stuff, since it's setting specific)?  Also a non-exalted Intuitive Attack?

EjoThims

• Grape ape
  • The Ferret
    • Email
« Reply #107 on: October 23, 2008, 04:24:18 PM »
You should totally do it.

Hey Ejo, how open would you be to me reflavoring the Shiba Protector (and nixing the human requirement and stuff, since it's setting specific)?  Also a non-exalted Intuitive Attack?

Where's Shiba printed again?

dman11235

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #108 on: October 23, 2008, 04:40:35 PM »
OA.  I'm trying to get wisx3 to attack and wisx2 to damage.  If I get it: awesome times happen.

EjoThims

• Grape ape
  • The Ferret
    • Email
« Reply #109 on: October 23, 2008, 05:00:49 PM »
OA.  I'm trying to get wisx3 to attack and wisx2 to damage.  If I get it: awesome times happen.

ROFL

But, I'm not allowing other race specific PrCs, so Shiba Protector is out as well.

As for Intuitive Attack, I'll take it off Exalted, since Zen Archery isn't exalted.

dman11235

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #110 on: October 23, 2008, 07:52:03 PM »
It wasn't a suggestion I entirely expected I'd get, and I probably wouldn't have done it anyways.

So yeah, I'm thinking I'm going to end up with either a stunning build (though the whole useless against undead bit is a downer) or a BC build: monk 13/Hybrid Master 4/FotF 1/Psychic Warrior 2.  Gotta get level 20 damage in there.  Yay 16d8 base damage!

AC: How do you plan on qualifying for the hybrid feats without ranks in Survival or Know (history)?

AfterCrescent

• Organ Grinder
  • Here After
« Reply #111 on: October 23, 2008, 08:46:06 PM »
Third level nets me knowledge devotion and knowledge history as a class skill. Not the ideal way to do it, but the feats better than weapon focus :D
The cake is a lie.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook
Clerics just wake up one morning and decide they need to kick ass, and it needs to be kicked NOW. ~veekie

dman11235

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #112 on: October 23, 2008, 10:32:33 PM »
I'm using Able Learner for Survival.  Since I also, you know, need Survival and Handle Animal for FotF.  And this way I can actually survive in the wild :D

skydragonknight

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #113 on: October 23, 2008, 11:13:29 PM »
And this way I can actually survive in the wild :D

Surviving is so overrated.
It always seems like the barrels around here have something in them.

AndyJames

• Organ Grinder
  • Meep?
« Reply #114 on: October 23, 2008, 11:20:50 PM »
Yeah. There is nothing Hearoes Feast and Greater Teleport can't fix :P

dman11235

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #115 on: October 23, 2008, 11:29:00 PM »
Ejo: I've noticed a discrepancy: should the armor for the new VoPov be +1/2 levels, or +1/3 levels?

EDIT: do aberrations exist and can I be descended from them distantly?  I'm probably going to go with a "no" since it's just 5' reach and I don't need it, I'll just have to stick with my 20' reach.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2008, 01:28:49 AM by dman11235 »

EjoThims

• Grape ape
  • The Ferret
    • Email
« Reply #116 on: October 24, 2008, 08:11:03 AM »
Ejo: I've noticed a discrepancy: should the armor for the new VoPov be +1/2 levels, or +1/3 levels?

It's 4 exalted +1/2 levels enhancement.

EDIT: do aberrations exist and can I be descended from them distantly?  I'm probably going to go with a "no" since it's just 5' reach and I don't need it, I'll just have to stick with my 20' reach.

Aberrations do exist, but they are just anomalies of nature and magic, experiments gone wrong, etc.

It's possible to have had some such happening in your family's past, so aberration blood feats aren't out of the question.

dman11235

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #117 on: October 29, 2008, 01:33:09 PM »
http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=1233.0

I'm going to use a couple feats from this place, so's you all know (talked with Ejo about it last night).  AC: you might want to take a look at it.  There are a couple unarmed strike enhancing feats for it.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2008, 01:44:07 PM by dman11235 »

AfterCrescent

• Organ Grinder
  • Here After
« Reply #118 on: October 29, 2008, 03:37:30 PM »
You mean Haymaker? Because that's hot, and I will have to fit it in ;)

But you said couple, and that seems to be the only decent one. What else are you suggesting?
The cake is a lie.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook

dman11235

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #119 on: October 29, 2008, 03:46:56 PM »
I said couple because it sounds better than 'one'.  And really there's also the AoO ones that grant infinite AoOs per round and the Dextrous Combatant, but those don't interest you.  You aren't a tripper, are you?