Author Topic: [D&D 3.5] Verold - Setup Thread  (Read 20321 times)

AfterCrescent

• Organ Grinder
  • Here After
Re: [D&D 3.5] Verold - Setup Thread
« Reply #40 on: October 02, 2008, 05:27:35 AM »
Damn. You. AJ.

Seed of Chucky was a Fucking TerribleTM movie. Everyone that acted/produced/directed/made money from that movie needs to be shot in the left knee cap.
The cake is a lie.
Need to play table top? Get your game on at:
Brilliant Gameologists' PbP Forum. Do it, you know you want to.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook
The 13th Guard - An alternate history campaign idea.
Clerics just wake up one morning and decide they need to kick ass, and it needs to be kicked NOW. ~veekie

BobismyRhino

• Hong Kong
  • *baby Bob kiss* MUAH!
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: October 02, 2008, 05:59:48 AM »
I hate you so god damn much right now, AJ.

People usually think that I've lost my mind. I haven't lost it, I know exactly where it is: the gutter.

My body is a temple. That is why I make chocolate sacrifices in it every day.

AndyJames

• Organ Grinder
  • Meep?
« Reply #42 on: October 02, 2008, 06:09:51 AM »
 :o What the... Seriously ???

I set the trap for Rhino-girl, and AC walks right into it.
He then goes and spoils everything by screaming about it.
Then Rhino-girl goes walking into it anyway??

I don't know whether to :lol or :facepalm...

:D

AfterCrescent

• Organ Grinder
  • Here After
« Reply #43 on: October 02, 2008, 06:10:52 AM »
Hardly a trap. And hardly scary. It was just a bad movie.
The cake is a lie.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook
Clerics just wake up one morning and decide they need to kick ass, and it needs to be kicked NOW. ~veekie

AndyJames

• Organ Grinder
  • Meep?
« Reply #44 on: October 02, 2008, 06:15:38 AM »
It was more a stab at her curious nature. Just can't leave that button alone. Next time, it might be Tubgirl... ;)

BobismyRhino

• Hong Kong
  • *baby Bob kiss* MUAH!
    • Email
« Reply #45 on: October 02, 2008, 06:33:12 AM »
Tubgirl isn't scary... it is weird and fountainy.

People usually think that I've lost my mind. I haven't lost it, I know exactly where it is: the gutter.

EjoThims

• Grape ape
  • The Ferret
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: October 02, 2008, 06:38:01 AM »

Always baffles me why she still has her socks on.

AndyJames

• Organ Grinder
  • Meep?
« Reply #47 on: October 02, 2008, 07:15:18 AM »
It could be a picture of a nun, then :P

EjoThims

• Grape ape
  • The Ferret
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: October 02, 2008, 07:24:25 AM »
Both campaigns start in the city of Reth-Hi, a city with a mixed population and under the local jurisdiction of the Ancestral Keepers who watch care for the Lost occupying the Old Capital Hill. The city is roughly nine miles square, and straddles the juncture of the Silverbed and Bridux rivers, which flow from the west and southwest respectively and join in the center of the city, forming the Silver Bridux that continues to flow to the northeast.

The southwest of the city, between the two rivers, is the poorer side of town, with heavy criminal activity and a large Rat population. This area is mainly lawless, as the Ancestral Keepers have neither the care nor the people to police it.

The City Proper around the juncture of the rivers contains the bulk of the population, especially the Ferrets and Foxes, with the Viper's carnivals and the bazaar and artisan's districts being a bit further down-river. South of the bazaar, at the edge of the carnivals are the Arenas, run largely by the local Python population.

The Bears in town mostly live in suburbs north of the Silverbed, outside the City Proper, where it's less crowded. Their side of town hosts a semi-permanent enclave of the Sandtusk Druids, where many Coyotes have set up a small subdivision to the city.

East of there, north of the City Proper and near the Old Capital Hill, are the Raven's libraries and the public offices which attract most of the Cranes. The Tiger's local monastery is also in this area.

A few miles outside the city to the north, the Frostwhisker Boar tribe has settled for the time being.

Recently, there have been reports of Wolf sightings along the Bridux, not 20 miles outside the city's limits. It is even whispered that they've been spotted in the 'Undercity,' the sprawling network of tunnels and labyrinth style sewers that help drain the delta between the two rivers and that the crime rings use as a base of operations. It's rumored to be as large as the actual city itself, though few even among the Rats know it's full extent any more.

The 'Light' Campaign starts in the evening at the 'Bear's Cave Inn.' You have come there to meet Jonthral, a Coyote Druid from the Sandtusks who has been working closely with the Ancestral Keepers. He is hiring help for 'clean up work' on the Old Capital Hill. The rest of his flyer is even more vague, and you easily surmise that there is risk involved.

The 'Dark' Campaign starts in an unnamed tavern in the Undercity, where you have been contacted by the Rat, Rotgut, looking for 'skilled workers to help accommodate new acquaintances to the city and do odd jobs for them as required.' The rest of his flyer is even more vague, and you easily surmise that asking questions is likely not welcome.

This information should help you decide, and is crossposted to the summary thread in the houserule section.

Smudgy

• Curious George
« Reply #49 on: October 02, 2008, 05:58:34 PM »
Here's my character so far. The Fox beguiler synergy was just too much for me to pass up. Haven't chosen feats yet, still deciding on those, any thoughts or critique are welcome. It was hard to choose a picture for my character, because foxes are so damn adorable. But I think what's there's pretty good, no?

dman11235

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #50 on: October 02, 2008, 06:19:10 PM »
I'm light campaign.  I'm in an evil one right now and that's plenty (CO campaign 2 actually).  I can't really do evil.

I'm thinking a coyote druid, but I'm not entirely sure.  Melee druid, since I'm not a real big fan of true spellcasters.  That's why I prefer divine and will never play a wizard or artificer.
My sig's Handy Haversack: Need help?  Want to see what I've done?  Want to see what others have done well?  Check it out.

Callix

• Donkey Kong
  • Not cool enough for a custom title.
« Reply #51 on: October 02, 2008, 06:45:57 PM »
I'd prefer lighter, though I could swing the concept over to evil if I absolutely had to.

What's our starting level? 1st? I'll get a build together soon.

EDIT: Also, what's the point buy?
« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 07:05:15 PM by Callix »
I know gameology-fu.

AndyJames

• Organ Grinder
  • Meep?
« Reply #52 on: October 02, 2008, 07:59:31 PM »
It's 38 PB.

Anyway, question: Do the Lycans know which clan someone belongs to while in human form? I mean, can a tiger masquerade as a bear, or a wolf as a tiger?

Smudgy

• Curious George
« Reply #53 on: October 02, 2008, 10:32:55 PM »
Hmm, I changed my mind for what I'm going to be. I'm not the greatest at playing charismatic characters, so I decided on a Raven Wizard instead. Wizards I can do well, so this probably my final decision on what I'm being.

BobismyRhino

• Hong Kong
  • *baby Bob kiss* MUAH!
    • Email
« Reply #54 on: October 02, 2008, 10:37:34 PM »
*bites lip*

Sneakyfeet has an evil twin!!!

Both campaigns sound freaking awesome. *whine*

I'll stay in the light one...  :rolleyes

dman11235

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: October 02, 2008, 11:06:21 PM »
What is Sneakyfeet Bob?

Well, I've decided on monk, thanks to the potentially great fix you've done to it Ejo (note the problems that still exist that I brought up though).  Tiger.  Because a 50' movement speed is plenty.  And that animal form is the best one I could find for my kind of monk (monks of awesome).
My sig's Handy Haversack: Need help?  Want to see what I've done?  Want to see what others have done well?  Check it out.

Callix

• Donkey Kong
  • Not cool enough for a custom title.
« Reply #56 on: October 02, 2008, 11:22:56 PM »
Hmm, I changed my mind for what I'm going to be. I'm not the greatest at playing charismatic characters, so I decided on a Raven Wizard instead. Wizards I can do well, so this probably my final decision on what I'm being.
I hope it doesn't conflict too much with my Raven Psion. Maybe one of us should move to the Dark Side...
I know gameology-fu.

AfterCrescent

• Organ Grinder
  • Here After
« Reply #57 on: October 02, 2008, 11:39:54 PM »
dman, we may end up with very similar builds. >.> I decided on Tiger way back when, and monk is one of the class I'm contemplating...
The cake is a lie.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook

Smudgy

• Curious George
« Reply #58 on: October 02, 2008, 11:43:02 PM »
I hope it doesn't conflict too much with my Raven Psion. Maybe one of us should move to the Dark Side...
Or we could just be a tag team duo of greatness along with the Tiger Monk Twins. And isn't the Dark Side supposed to be Wolves only? I had assumed it was, but I'd be willing to switch if allowed and necessary.

dman11235

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #59 on: October 02, 2008, 11:44:29 PM »
But...but....I love monks!

I love monks.  Go ahead, play one.  We might compliment each other instead of tread on each other's toes.  I'm going to dip psychic warrior, are you?  If so (for expansion): take Knock-back.  I was denied pong in one game, but maybe not this one :D

I like that!  The team of twins!

Dark side is mostly wolves, but can be others.