Author Topic: Justifying your thoughts on 4E  (Read 15191 times)

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
Re: Justifying your thoughts on 4E
« Reply #80 on: September 20, 2008, 03:44:17 PM »
He actually has a point, you know.  :P

The ironic thing is that a lot of broken builds don't necessarily emerge from single abilities, but from combinations thereof (though some abilities are just broken good). And truth be told, WotC is churning out errata faster than a heart attack.
Gendou Ikari is basically Gregory House in Kaminashades. This is FACT.

For proof, look here:

http://www.layoutjelly.com/image_27/gendo_ikari/

[SPOILER]
Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7
My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Katana of Enlightenment.
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

I HAVE BROKEN THE 69 INTERNETS BARRIER!

X-Codes

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #81 on: September 20, 2008, 05:55:27 PM »
The ironic thing is that a lot of broken builds don't necessarily emerge from single abilities, but from combinations thereof (though some abilities are just broken good). And truth be told, WotC is churning out errata faster than a heart attack.
That's half bad editing and half "OH MY GOD HOW DID WE MISS THAT!?".  Seriously, aside from powers that reduce AC or give bonuses to attack rolls, there are very few attack powers that can synergize all that well, so all you really have to be careful with are the utility powers... which WotC may or may not be doing, judging by the Swordmage.  Besides, overpowered synergies can be fixed with houserules (or errata) while the disproportionate power between Druids and Fighters in Core basically requires entire class re-writes.

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #82 on: September 21, 2008, 11:12:31 PM »
I can't remember exactly where I've gotten this one from, but someone once mentioned that the big caster/noncaster problem tended to be that the casters had WAY too many options that far surpassed those of the noncasters.
Gendou Ikari is basically Gregory House in Kaminashades. This is FACT.

For proof, look here:

http://www.layoutjelly.com/image_27/gendo_ikari/

[SPOILER]
Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7
My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Katana of Enlightenment.
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

I HAVE BROKEN THE 69 INTERNETS BARRIER!

Caelic

• Hong Kong
« Reply #83 on: September 22, 2008, 10:53:44 PM »
Seriously it's going to take a *lot* more than just a few splats to imbalance the game at this point.  Starting off on a level playing field really makes a HUGE difference.

Based on my experience, I disagree.  The more painstakingly you attempt to balance something, the easier it is to throw that balance out of whack with an unintended synergy.  The most broken builds come from games which are, in theory, perfectly balanced.
Yeah, right.  You're just trying to denigrate 4e so you can sell more of your own books!

Heck yeah.  I want to double the sales of my next book.  I figure if I sell three extra copies, I'll achieve my goal. ;)

atanakar

« Reply #84 on: September 26, 2008, 09:19:45 PM »
4E may not be D&D at all but its a damn fun game to play/roleplay... I'll stick with.

...If you are curious read (Folder : 002_Adventures) at:
http://fallofarkinordd4e.pbwiki.com/FrontPage

Psychic Robot

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #85 on: September 28, 2008, 11:04:33 PM »
WELL THEN YOUR GROUP IS FULL OF ADULT BABIES AND FURRIES NOW ISN'T IT?

(I keed, I keed.  When confronted with intelligent, logical discourse about the positive aspects of 4e, I am more than willing to take off the trollblinders.)

atanakar

« Reply #86 on: September 29, 2008, 07:53:44 PM »
WELL THEN YOUR GROUP IS FULL OF ADULT BABIES AND FURRIES NOW ISN'T IT?

(I keed, I keed.  When confronted with intelligent, logical discourse about the positive aspects of 4e, I am more than willing to take off the trollblinders.)

Troll yourself to death if you want.... Having a temper tentrum are we? It is you who is behaving like a child. Pathetic

Dan2

• Honorary Moderator
  • Hong Kong
  • Wizicist
« Reply #87 on: October 01, 2008, 10:58:58 PM »
I believe Psychic Robot was joking...
Hence the "I keed..." (I kid)

Psychic Robot

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #88 on: October 02, 2008, 06:25:48 PM »
Troll yourself to death if you want.... Having a temper tentrum are we? It is you who is behaving like a child. Pathetic
Fuckwit.