Author Topic: Re-recruiting for uber/archer's game  (Read 18906 times)

Ubernoob

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Happy Panda
    • Email
Re: Re-recruiting for uber/archer's game
« Reply #80 on: September 25, 2008, 05:24:42 PM »
Reflavoring Church Inquisitor into a Lawful evil prestige class: Yes or no? I can do without that, but the concept seems very intriguing.
If you give me some fun fluff to read (two or three short paragraphs) then go for it.  I'm always for reflavoring.
Ubernoob is a happy panda.

skydragonknight

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #81 on: September 26, 2008, 12:30:20 AM »
Reflavoring Church Inquisitor into a Lawful evil prestige class: Yes or no? I can do without that, but the concept seems very intriguing.

Yes, but you've got to be a Spaniard.
It always seems like the barrels around here have something in them.

Ubernoob

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Happy Panda
    • Email
« Reply #82 on: September 26, 2008, 12:44:20 AM »

He's Finnish. Dunno how that's gunna work.

skydragonknight

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #83 on: September 26, 2008, 12:46:56 AM »

He's Finnish. Dunno how that's gunna work.

Finnish Inquisition? Maybe not. How about going for an Italian theme and instead of having a god have a godfather?

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
  • Aistii valoa auttavasti
    • Email
« Reply #84 on: September 26, 2008, 07:59:31 AM »
Finnish Inquisition sounds like my former headmaster.

Edit: I am sort of assuming we can get our hands on money, magic items or something that I can use to get a few nightsticks more at some point. Right now I am only able to persist a single spell, because I need rest of the attempts to fuel Divine defiance.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2008, 06:53:27 AM by Tshern »

Handy Links

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #85 on: September 27, 2008, 07:48:07 AM »
Laura Thembaren the Judge
Human Cloistered Cleric 7/Church Inquisitor 5/Paragnostic Apostle 1/Contemplative 1

Medium Humanoid (Human)
Hit Dice: 8d6+6d8+42 (97hp)
Initiative: 0
Speed: 30ft
Armor Class: 23 Touch: 10 Flat-footed: 10
Base Attack/Grapple: +6/+5
Attack: Dagger +5 (1d4-1)
Full Attack: Dagger +5 (1d4-1)
Space/Reach: 5ft/5ft
Special Qualities: Detect good, Domains (Destiny, Inquisition, Knowledge [Knowledge devotion], Spell, Divine Magician ACF), Immune to charms, compulsions and disease, Lore (1d20+11), Penetrating insight, Pierce disguise, Pierce illusion, Rebuke undead, Spellcasting
Saves: Fort: 15 Refl: 9 Will: 28 (all saves count in Superior resistance)
Abilities: STR 8, DEX 10, CON 16, INT 12, WIS 25, CHA 14
Skills: Bluff 9, Concentration 22, Diplomacy 18, Intimidate 12, Knowledge (arcana) 13, Knowledge (architecture) 2, Knowledge (dungeoneering) 2, Knowledge (history) 6), Knowledge (nature) 2, Knowledge (nobility and royalty) 2, Knowledge (religion) 18, Knowledge (the planes) 18, Sense motive 17, Spellcraft 20, Spot 17, False theurgy skill trick, Speak language for Abyssal and Elven
Feats: Able learner, Chain spell, Divine defiance, Divine metamagic (Persistent), Extend spell, Iron will, Knowledge devotion, Persistent spell
Environment:
Organization: Solitary (unique)
Challenge Rating: 14
Alignment: Lawful evil
Languages Spoken: Common, Abyssal, Dwarven, Elven, Infernal
Level Adjustment: -

Possessions: Amulet of Health+2, Anklet of Translocation, Ceremonial torture dagger (Masterwork), Dispelling cordx2, Everburning Torch, Everlasting Rations, Focus for Greater anticipate teleport, Gloves of Dexterity+2, Handy Haversack, Lesser Metamagic Rod of Extend, Masterwork tools (Knowledge: the planes, Sense motive, Spellcraft, Spot), Mithral Breastplate+3, Nightstickx2, Periapt of Wisdom+4, Permanent Darkvision, Reliquary Holy Symbol, Quarterstaff, Ring of Perseverance (Ring of Counterspells with Greater Dispel Magic and Ring of Enduring Arcana), Ring of Spell-battle, Spellcomponent pouchx2, Wooden heavy shield (Extended Magic vestment active), 1620gp (+component for a single Revivify)

Magical locations: Metamagic storm (Chain spell), Otyugh hole, Rainbow falls

Spells prepared (6/7/7/6/5/4/4/3+domain spells):
0: Amanuensis, Detect magic, Light, Light, No light, No light
1: Combat readiness, Combat readiness, Conviction, Conviction, Shield of faith, Shield of faith, Sign, Detect secret doors (D)
2: Avoid planar effects, Arcane turmoil, Divine insight, Eagle's splendor, Extended Conviction, Extended Conviction, Undetectable alignment, Detect thought (D)
3: Spellcaster's bane, Spellcaster's bane, Dispel magic, Dispel magic, Dispel magic, Mass lesser Vigor (Persisted), False life (D)
4: Assay spell resistance, Contingent energy resistance, Divine power, Extended Magic vestment, Slashing dispel, Bestow curse (D)
5: Revivify, Righteous wrath of the faithful, Spell resistance, Spell theft, Break enchantment (D)
6: Greater anticipate teleport, Greater dispel magic, Greater dispel magic, Superior resistance, Overland flight (D)
7: Chained Greater Magic weapon, Extended Energy immunity (Fire), Radiant assault, Limited Wish
8:
9:

Divine magician:
1: Combat readiness (DotU)
2: Arcane turmoil (CM)
3: Spellcaster's bane (CM)
4: Slashing dispel (PHB II)
5: Spell theft (CSc)
6: Greater anticipate teleport (SpC)
7: Greater dispelling screen (SpC)
8: Mind blank
9: Srinshee's Spell Shift (LEoF)

Character background:[spoiler]Laura Thembaren is a beautiful woman in her late 30's. Her hair are of hazel colour and they are always on a very tight ponytail, she has deep brown eyes with a twist of red almost as if to emphasize her evil nature. She is also tall for a woman, standing at 5'11'' and in spite of her lack of brute strength her body is in nigh-perfect condition due to all the rigorous training she goes through daily.

From an early age Laura's mind was vile and her view of the world distorted, she grew up believing that every action that broke a law or a rule was to be punished. The main problem was that laws themselves were flawed and distorted, so Laura had to follow a code of her own instead of kneeling down and letting the world live with such ignorance.

She sought guidance from a temple of Hextor, but she never understood why should revere a god. After all, she could get towards her goals without the help from divine entities and they had left the world imperfect. Laura knew that she was to purify this imperfection from the entire Mortal Coil and he started from the lowliest scum available, prisoners. Whenever possible she lied or bribed her way into prisons and beat their inmates to submission and eventually breaking their minds and forcing them to submit to her will.

It took a few years, but in due time she had gained a lot of name. Some criminals even started calling her the Judge, a moniker she soon adopted after realizing there was no way of getting away from it. Several churches, government engines and nobles started using her services and she took great delight in finding anyone who did not stand up to her ideals and subsequently either force them to submit or kill them in process.

Laura's work made her move all over the world and she tried to access information about possible targets. To make her work easier, she used a cover identity to join the Paragnostic Assembly and she still uses that as a way to make more money and destroy infidels.

In combat she refrains from using melee tactics and flees if at all possible. She only fights with weapons when she is torturing a chained victim. Her minions and companions take care of foes and she stands in the back disabling enemy spellcasters whenever possible.[/spoiler]

More awesome to come...

Fellow players: I have Chained GMW prepared, remember that. Also, Persistent Mass Lesser Vigor for all!
« Last Edit: September 28, 2008, 05:09:13 PM by Tshern »

Handy Links

Ubernoob

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Happy Panda
    • Email
« Reply #86 on: September 28, 2008, 03:34:46 PM »
I can only assume SDK, Tsuyo, and Sinfire are using their old sheets?  Please confirm.

@Sinister: Stop having wild sex with Brier and get me a sheet.

skydragonknight

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #87 on: September 28, 2008, 06:35:10 PM »
Confirmed

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=44570

Some numbers may be lower than previous because Tshern's no longer an Artificer-will run through it with a fine-toothed comb in near future. Thankfully he's still giving out GMW. :)

Tshern-any chance of fitting a Bead of Karma in there? You can downgrade your Mithril Breastplate and use Magic Vestment. That's 8-9K. Hmm..that may have to be our first purchase.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2008, 06:49:17 PM by skydragonknight »

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
  • You've got one round to give a rat's ass.
    • Email
« Reply #88 on: September 28, 2008, 09:26:03 PM »
I can only assume SDK, Tsuyo, and Sinfire are using their old sheets?  Please confirm.

@Sinister: Stop having wild sex with Brier and get me a sheet.

I'll have mine up soon.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #89 on: September 29, 2008, 03:03:20 AM »
So, I've got my build finalized, and am in the midst of finishing up the sheet on Myth Weavers. I've still got to pick out magic items and maneuvers (will get to that in the morning), but otherwise I'm set.

Here's the build:

Barbarian 2/Totemist 4/Totem Rage 6/Warblade 2 (in that order)

Swapping out for Lion and Wolf Totems (CC and UA) to get Pounce and Improved Trip at the cost of Fast Movement and Improved Uncanny Dodge. Due to the fact that Whirling Frenzy needs to be used with a 2-handed weapon in order to use the extra attack, and that the Dex bonus does very little for me, I am not taking it.

I think I may have mis-calculated my PB though, so I'd like someone who has a DMG to double-check (stats are 16, 12, 16, 10, 10, 10).

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #90 on: September 29, 2008, 02:13:16 PM »
SDK: I can try. How much do they cost? If everyone contributes with a grand or two I am sure I can make it.

Handy Links

AndyJames

• Organ Grinder
  • Meep?
« Reply #91 on: September 29, 2008, 07:11:42 PM »
I think I may have mis-calculated my PB though, so I'd like someone who has a DMG to double-check (stats are 16, 12, 16, 10, 10, 10).
16, 12, 16, 10, 10, 10 = 10+4+10+2+2+2 = 30 PB

You're out by 2.

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #92 on: September 29, 2008, 10:26:02 PM »
16, 12, 16, 10, 10, 10 = 10+4+10+2+2+2 = 30 PB

You're out by 2.

Awesome. I now have a 12 Int.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

skydragonknight

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #93 on: September 30, 2008, 10:27:07 AM »
SDK: I can try. How much do they cost? If everyone contributes with a grand or two I am sure I can make it.

20K IIRC. Listed under "Strand of Prayer Beads" in DMG. You might not be an Artificer anymore, but we sure as hell can abuse the fact that you're a divine caster. ;)

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #94 on: September 30, 2008, 04:34:35 PM »

20K IIRC. Listed under "Strand of Prayer Beads" in DMG. You might not be an Artificer anymore, but we sure as hell can abuse the fact that you're a divine caster. ;)
Aye, hoping that we will have a chance to visit a magic market at some point. I don't need too many items for myself anymore, so I think most of the money we'll get will go to nightsticks, so I can persist at least Righteous wrath of the faithful. Hopefully I can at some point get a metamagic rod of Chain, so I can give you all Superior resistance too.

Handy Links

Ubernoob

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Happy Panda
    • Email
« Reply #95 on: October 08, 2008, 09:00:10 PM »
Sinister, get me a fucking sheet.  We're waiting on you.

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #96 on: October 09, 2008, 08:13:41 AM »
And someone, please, buy an Artificer's monocle.

Btw, I couldn't gather the money for Beads of karma. I lack 11k.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2008, 08:17:17 AM by Tshern »

Handy Links

Mister_Sinister

• King Kong
  • For some people, four walls are three too many.
    • Email
« Reply #97 on: October 14, 2008, 09:34:45 PM »
Ok, ubernoob, sorry about the delay, I will have you a sheet ASAP. I'm still in recovery mode!

Everything I learned about DnD I learned from Frank Trollman at The Gaming Den... but nowadays, my work space is the New DnD Wiki.

Check them both out!

Ubernoob

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Happy Panda
    • Email
« Reply #98 on: October 15, 2008, 05:18:38 AM »
I'm still in.  You've seen my sheet.
I misplaced the link.  Can you give it again?  We should start some time soon... (things distract me).

woodenbandman

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #99 on: November 05, 2008, 11:57:32 AM »
Assuming it's too late to join this game, it sounds fun, though. I've always wanted to play rocket tag.

If I were allowed in, though, a shadowcraft anima mage would be me.