Author Topic: Re-recruiting for uber/archer's game  (Read 18908 times)

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
  • Aistii valoa auttavasti
    • Email
Re: Re-recruiting for uber/archer's game
« Reply #40 on: September 07, 2008, 05:00:04 PM »
Not dying? I've been considering a raging madman Totemist who has traveled with M_S' character a long time. Not sure how well they compete in epic though. Not having super crazy spells is going to suck, but being a Totemist is cool.

Handy Links

Ubernoob

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Happy Panda
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: September 10, 2008, 08:14:06 PM »
SDK is in
Tsuyo is in
Sinfire is in
Tshern is in

Since I'm biased:
Sinister is in

That puts me at five players.  If I get a stunning application I'll consider one and only one more player.  Discuss builds and backgrounds.  You all at least know of each other.  You've been called in by the UN to stop terrorists in the middle east from nuking the shit out of everything.  The US is putting big money up to fund the project (that's where at least half your money is coming from).
Ubernoob is a happy panda.

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: September 10, 2008, 08:28:53 PM »
How long do we have to formulate our character sheets? I am trying to get some concrete numbers to see if my possible Totemist can compete with epic DR when it comes down to that at some point.

Handy Links

Ubernoob

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Happy Panda
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: September 10, 2008, 08:33:44 PM »
How long do we have to formulate our character sheets? I am trying to get some concrete numbers to see if my possible Totemist can compete with epic DR when it comes down to that at some point.
I'm in no big rush.  Let's say two weeks to settle on backgrounds and crunch.  It'll give me time to craft a good intro.

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: September 10, 2008, 08:35:21 PM »
I'm in no big rush.  Let's say two weeks to settle on backgrounds and crunch.  It'll give me time to craft a good intro.
Excellent. Let's see if I can make my Totemist cut through those thick-skinned monsters. If not, I can always make a Wizard.

Handy Links

AndyJames

• Organ Grinder
  • Meep?
« Reply #45 on: September 11, 2008, 05:28:18 AM »
Ubernoob, I am interested in running a Phrenic Lesser Aasimar Warmage 1/Rainbow Servant 10/something 3*

* Anyone know of a way to get Planar Binding as a spell known?

Brief backgound is that he is an Evil hunter from way back. Paths would have crossed several times with the party. He is probably the weakest of the lot, but he is dedicated to the cause.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 05:49:43 AM by AndyJames »

Omen of Peace

• Hong Kong
  • Wise Madman
« Reply #46 on: September 11, 2008, 12:49:17 PM »
Malconvoker 2 (CS). :D
The Malazan Book of the Fallen, Steven Erikson

AndyJames

• Organ Grinder
  • Meep?
« Reply #47 on: September 11, 2008, 04:59:31 PM »
I was hoping to not have to lose caster levels... :P

Ubernoob

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Happy Panda
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: September 11, 2008, 05:15:20 PM »
Ubernoob, I am interested in running a Phrenic Lesser Aasimar Warmage 1/Rainbow Servant 10/something 3*

Brief backgound is that he is an Evil hunter from way back. Paths would have crossed several times with the party. He is probably the weakest of the lot, but he is dedicated to the cause.
SDK is in
Tsuyo is in
Sinfire is in
Tshern is in

Since I'm biased:
Sinister is in

That puts me at five players. If I get a stunning application I'll consider one and only one more player.  Discuss builds and backgrounds.  You all at least know of each other.  You've been called in by the UN to stop terrorists in the middle east from nuking the shit out of everything.  The US is putting big money up to fund the project (that's where at least half your money is coming from).
Just giving you fair warning that you better have a stunning application.  And I mean like better than all five admitted players applications stunning.

AndyJames

• Organ Grinder
  • Meep?
« Reply #49 on: September 11, 2008, 05:38:17 PM »
That would depend on someone clueing me on what the heck the game's background is. Can't make anything detailed unless you want "lay-zers" in your DnD...

Ubernoob

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Happy Panda
    • Email
« Reply #50 on: September 11, 2008, 05:41:34 PM »
That would depend on someone clueing me on what the heck the game's background is. Can't make anything detailed unless you want "lay-zers" in your DnD...
Basically I'm using an eberronesque world (we'll call it earth for simplicity).  Very high magic with some planescape influence.  Some bad ass mother fuckers (the 4 elemental lords) seem to be fucking Earth in the ass with some open portals destroying the raw elements that make up Earth.  You've been called in to kill those mother fuckers and reverse it.  The point of no return is in seven days.  You're all powerful enough and in a large enough world to have kitchen sink backgrounds where you all know of each other (interwoven backgrounds are bonus points) and you're the crack team to save the world this week.  There's a few teams in reserve because the sages give each of you a 10% chance to survive the mission.

AndyJames

• Organ Grinder
  • Meep?
« Reply #51 on: September 11, 2008, 05:50:59 PM »
OK.

What other noteworthy anti-Evil or save-the-world events have taken place in the recent past?
What other adventures have the other guys gone on? Tshern, Tsuyo, Sin, anyone?
Which one would potentially have a troubleshooter a la Indy or o'Connor on the team?
If we are talking nukage on an Epic scale, then my character would probably have helped down a BBEG or two in the past. Any hints as to what would fit in your campaign?

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: September 11, 2008, 06:09:03 PM »
Andy: None. Me, RadicalTaoist, TK, LogicNinja and skydragonknight beat the living hell out of the Tarrasque in 1.5 rounds, but that was it.

Epic scale nukage. Be ready to kill stuff at all times and make sure you'll win all encounters. Defend, kill, break, loot.

Handy Links

AndyJames

• Organ Grinder
  • Meep?
« Reply #53 on: September 11, 2008, 06:12:38 PM »
OK... How am I going to write a "stunning" background with that? :wall

Ubernoob

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Happy Panda
    • Email
« Reply #54 on: September 11, 2008, 06:14:50 PM »
I'm using kitchen sink.  If you want to say you saved the world from X, convinced king Y to do Z, and fucked lady Q then go ahead.  The world is literally too big to not include a fantasy archetype.  You're helping me build the world.

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: September 11, 2008, 06:17:30 PM »
I'm using kitchen sink.  If you want to say you saved the world from X, convinced king Y to do Z, and fucked lady Q then go ahead.  The world is literally too big to not include a fantasy archetype.  You're helping me build the world.
Are you actually trying to write a fantasy setting?

Handy Links

AndyJames

• Organ Grinder
  • Meep?
« Reply #56 on: September 11, 2008, 06:31:30 PM »
OK. You are so asking for Camelot and the Knights of the Table Round for that... :P Give me a couple of hours.

Ubernoob

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Happy Panda
    • Email
« Reply #57 on: September 11, 2008, 09:47:55 PM »
Are you actually trying to write a fantasy setting?
Fuck no.  I'm trying to write a story.  What kind of crackpot do you think I am?

AndyJames

• Organ Grinder
  • Meep?
« Reply #58 on: September 11, 2008, 09:51:50 PM »
Fuck no.  I'm trying to write a story.  What kind of crackpot do you think I am?

Eh??

It's not that hard. I've done three myself...

AndyJames

• Organ Grinder
  • Meep?
« Reply #59 on: September 12, 2008, 12:28:34 AM »
Name: Tristan Artorius Mallorie du Chalmer
Concept: Covert ops expert with a spiritual bent

Background:Stats and stuff:
[spoiler]
Tristan Artorius Mallorie du Chalmer
Male Lesser Tiefling; AL NG
Warmage 1/Rainbow Servant 10/Malconvoker 3
Medium Humanoid (planetouched)

Feats:Domains: Good, Law, Air

Special Abilities:
Armoured Casting
Cleric Spell Access
Detect Evil at will
Detect Chaos at will
Detect Thoughts at will
Wings 10min/day
[/spoiler]

[spoiler]
At level 13, Planar Bind Efreets to give +5 to all stats via Wish (no infinite wealth abuse).
After level 13, retrain Spell Focus Conjuration and Augment Summoning to Craft Wondrous Items and  feats.
After level 13, retrain Malconvoker 3 to Contemplative 1/Dweomerkeeper 2.

If these are allowed, I will change the build accordingly.
[/spoiler]