Author Topic: What's your alignment?  (Read 21780 times)

Sunic_Flames

• Organ Grinder
  • The Crusader of Logic.
Re: What's your alignment?
« Reply #80 on: May 19, 2008, 07:57:00 PM »
If you even have an intruder, you're doing it wrong. :P

When your lair hides in plain sight, you will have guests. As long as they can get nowhere near the important stuff, it will do.
Smiting Imbeciles since 1985.

If you hear this music, run.

And don't forget:

There is no greater contribution than Hi Welcome.

Huge amounts of people are fuckwits. That doesn't mean that fuckwit is a valid lifestyle.

IP proofing and avoiding being CAPed OR - how to make characters relevant in the long term.

Friends don't let friends be Short Bus Hobos.

[spoiler]
Sunic may be more abrasive than sandpaper coated in chainsaws (not that its a bad thing, he really does know what he's talking about), but just posting in this thread without warning and telling him he's an asshole which, if you knew his past experiences on WotC and Paizo is flat-out uncalled for. Never mind the insults (which are clearly 4Chan-level childish). You say people like Sunic are the bane of the internet? Try looking at your own post and telling me you are better than him.

Here's a fun fact: You aren't. By a few leagues.
[/spoiler]

Shigunaru

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
  • I am your "friend"
    • Email
« Reply #81 on: May 19, 2008, 08:23:57 PM »
I think I kinda grasped the general alignment of the CO people. Now I know why we are hated :wink
Posting guidelines. Read 'em. Use 'em. Love 'em.

Nox_Noctis

• Hong Kong
  • A Simple Exchange
    • Email
« Reply #82 on: May 19, 2008, 08:28:01 PM »
I think I kinda grasped the general alignment of the CO people. Now I know why we are hated :wink

People hate the hidden 10th alignment, Pragmatic Efficient?
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Stratovarius

• Hong Kong
  • Player Resource Consortium
    • Email
« Reply #83 on: May 19, 2008, 08:44:30 PM »

When your lair hides in plain sight, you will have guests. As long as they can get nowhere near the important stuff, it will do.

You must also have some means of watching their suffering. Enemies suffering in private just won't do, it must be visible.
Arhosa Campaign World - Always Recruiting
Past, Present, and Future
Osteomancy - Rune Magic - Astral Magic
Class and Rule Collection
Player Resource Consortium
That is not dead which can eternal lie
And with strange aeons even death may die

Sunic_Flames

• Organ Grinder
  • The Crusader of Logic.
« Reply #84 on: May 20, 2008, 11:52:06 AM »

You must also have some means of watching their suffering. Enemies suffering in private just won't do, it must be visible.

Surveillance systems? :P

And don't forget:

Huge amounts of people are fuckwits. That doesn't mean that fuckwit is a valid lifestyle.

IP proofing and avoiding being CAPed OR - how to make characters relevant in the long term.

[spoiler]
Sunic may be more abrasive than sandpaper coated in chainsaws (not that its a bad thing, he really does know what he's talking about), but just posting in this thread without warning and telling him he's an asshole which, if you knew his past experiences on WotC and Paizo is flat-out uncalled for. Never mind the insults (which are clearly 4Chan-level childish). You say people like Sunic are the bane of the internet? Try looking at your own post and telling me you are better than him.

[/spoiler]

ksbsnowowl

• Grape ape
  • Wishing I was a raging Norseman
« Reply #85 on: May 20, 2008, 11:53:58 AM »
I'm Lawful Neutral to the T.  Fairness all around.

Except, deep down there is some Lawful Evil there too. 
I'm much the same.  I'm Lawful Neutral, but I'm quite vindictive in repercussions when laws are broken. 

Example:  I drive the speed limit, and would love to fire a shotgun at the cars that fly past me on the highway.
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

KSB Snow Owl's Archer Build thread

Stratovarius

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #86 on: May 20, 2008, 12:20:09 PM »

I prefer watching through the eyes of a brute as it crushes the enemy beneath its feet. More visceral that way.

Sunic_Flames

• Organ Grinder
  • The Crusader of Logic.
« Reply #87 on: May 20, 2008, 12:46:47 PM »

I prefer watching through the eyes of a brute as it crushes the enemy beneath its feet. More visceral that way.

While true, the brute poses a liability in so many ways so as to be not feasible to any serious Overlord.

And don't forget:

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Stratovarius

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #88 on: May 20, 2008, 12:51:25 PM »

While true, the brute poses a liability in so many ways so as to be not feasible to any serious Overlord.

I never said it was the first, or even third, option to deal with those pesky adventurer types. Merely that it offers a good presence for a final, crushing, blow.

Sunic_Flames

• Organ Grinder
  • The Crusader of Logic.
« Reply #89 on: May 20, 2008, 01:13:45 PM »
I suspect you have not read your standard issue Handbook.

And don't forget:

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Stratovarius

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #90 on: May 20, 2008, 01:20:43 PM »
I suspect you have not read your standard issue Handbook.

I have read it quite fully. There is, however, room for a little extracurricular fun.

Sunic_Flames

• Organ Grinder
  • The Crusader of Logic.
« Reply #91 on: May 20, 2008, 01:28:36 PM »
I much prefer tricking gnomes into walking into the garbage disposal which is not only fun for the whole family, it renders 4.0 redundant!

And don't forget:

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Optimator

• Bi-Curious George
  • Made Man
« Reply #92 on: May 22, 2008, 08:25:57 AM »
I have determined that I am Lawful Neutral with some good tendencies, but not enough to push me over to LG.  Remember Walter from The Big Lebowski?  That can me sometimes, getting hung up on "the rules".  "OVER THE LINE!!!"

Stratovarius

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #93 on: May 22, 2008, 08:55:20 AM »
It's much more fun down here on the LE end of that branch. There's nothing quite so satisfying as ordering peons around all day.

Sunic_Flames

• Organ Grinder
  • The Crusader of Logic.
« Reply #94 on: May 22, 2008, 09:44:18 AM »
It's much more fun down here on the LE end of that branch. There's nothing quite so satisfying as ordering peons around all day.

Indeed.

And don't forget:

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #95 on: May 22, 2008, 10:37:26 AM »
Seconding this one, but killing them is even more fun. Especially indiscriminately and in gruesome ways.
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

Stratovarius

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #96 on: May 22, 2008, 10:50:46 AM »
That's hardly LE when it's indiscriminately. You've got to choose the spots to abuse power.

Sunic_Flames

• Organ Grinder
  • The Crusader of Logic.
« Reply #97 on: May 22, 2008, 10:52:10 AM »
...I would like to direct everyone's attention to the following:

Weird
Illusion (Phantasm) [Fear, Mind-Affecting]
Level:    Sor/Wiz 9
Targets:    Any number of creatures

Need I say more?

And don't forget:

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #98 on: May 22, 2008, 10:59:12 AM »
That's hardly LE when it's indiscriminately. You've got to choose the spots to abuse power.
Which is why I am Chaotic.
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

Risada

• Grape ape
  • Wearing this outfit in the name of SCIENCE!
    • Email
« Reply #99 on: May 22, 2008, 03:21:15 PM »
The tests say that I'm NG, and I think I'm CG.....

Makes me wonder who is really right ...