Author Topic: Strange Habits! Or Why I Shouldn't Have a Roommate...  (Read 23052 times)

Ubernoob

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Happy Panda
    • Email
Re: Strange Habits! Or Why I Shouldn't Have a Roommate...
« Reply #100 on: August 31, 2008, 03:44:12 AM »
We could be discussing worse things :D

Getting back on topic, I like to mess with telemarketers.  In the worst possible way.  If you call me up trying to peddle aluminum siding thats okay.  I'll tell you I live in an apartment, and to take me off your list.  But after you've called me 8 times you're fair game.  Some of the things I say tend to freak company out till I explain whats going on.
That's way tamer than what I do.

I dunno about that.  One asked me if I was busy once and I told her "Yes.  You've interrupted me ass-raping the small Mexican child tied to my couch.  Things will go worse for him now since you interrupted my orgasm."

After several moments of uncomfortable silence she said "I'll call you back".

My mom was sitting on the couch at the time.  It took a while to explain that telephone conversation.

Weirdly enough the telemarketer did call me back...

Grante what I said was over the top enough she had to know I was lying but still...
I tend to go for the ritual suicide approach.  YMMV.
Ubernoob is a happy panda.

Optimator

• Bi-Curious George
  • Made Man
« Reply #101 on: September 01, 2008, 07:11:41 PM »
My brother did something like that to a telemarketer once, sans the ritualistic slant.  The cops were called.  I guess he was really convincing and hysterical.

Shadowhunter

• Hong Kong
« Reply #102 on: September 01, 2008, 07:53:47 PM »
Same with tubes of caviar, tubes with of any kind really. Squeezing (sp?) in the middle of it, leaving some behind to dry up at the cork, no. Just no. Needless to say, when a tube at my house is going into the trash, it's about as flat as a credit card.
Let me guess:

Close enoguh.
We buy Willy:s, not Kalles, since it's cheaper, but otherwise, you're right.

I usually don't have to deal with telemarketers.
We're on the "NIX-register", which makes it pretty much illegal to call and disturb us, with a few exeptions.
So thankfully, that's a rare occurence.
[Spoiler]
Quote from: Runestar
the most effective optimization is the one you can actually get away with.  :smirk

Quote from: Vinom
(A group of nerds are called a murder because like crows we are anti-social, like shiny things, and often squack at each other over nothing for hours)

I often have to remind people not to underrate divination.  The ability to effectively metagame without actually metagaming beats the ability to set things on fire more times than not.
[/quote]
[/spoiler]

Binder? You're Welcome

Zceryll makes Binders go from tier 3 to tier 2.
Cagemarrow is a Genius

Before giving the advice that build X would be better of with Fist of the Forest, take a long, good look at Primal Living. Twice.

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
  • Aistii valoa auttavasti
    • Email
« Reply #103 on: September 01, 2008, 09:15:05 PM »
All the Swedes I know go crazy for either of those. I personally can't stand it.

Handy Links

BobismyRhino

• Hong Kong
  • *baby Bob kiss* MUAH!
    • Email
« Reply #104 on: September 01, 2008, 11:52:10 PM »
All the Swedes I know go crazy for either of those. I personally can't stand it.

What is it?

People usually think that I've lost my mind. I haven't lost it, I know exactly where it is: the gutter.

My body is a temple. That is why I make chocolate sacrifices in it every day.

Dragon Snack

• Curious George
    • Dragon Snack Games and Entertainment
    • Email
« Reply #105 on: September 02, 2008, 12:28:50 AM »
It's a tube of caviar.  And I thought fish eggs were supposed to be high end...
Visit my Message Boards (they're strangely familiar) and my Blog...

If you look at the entire history of the RPG industry, you'll see the same, long, sad story: a mountain of conventional wisdom, usually backed by selective listening, that leads to a long chain of failed games and bad ideas. - Mike Mearls

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
  • Aistii valoa auttavasti
    • Email
« Reply #106 on: September 02, 2008, 09:48:51 AM »

What is it?
Dragon Snack had it right. That shit is outright disgusting.

Handy Links

bhu

• Organ Grinder
  • Convincing the rich whale fat enemas are healthy
« Reply #107 on: September 03, 2008, 06:51:18 AM »
It's a tube of caviar.  And I thought fish eggs were supposed to be high end...

Make salt flavored jello.  Voila, you have caviar.

Shewolf

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
« Reply #108 on: September 14, 2008, 06:33:57 AM »
Me, aftercrescent, shewolf, and a couple other people were about to start playing a DND game. AC looks at the table and goes, "I think I left my dice upstairs in my room, I'll be right back. I'm going to go look for them."
5 minutes he returns in just his boxers, and goes, "I couldn't find them."
And immediately shewolf chimes in "did you lose your pants too?"
Apparently whoever stole his dice wanted his pants too.

oh god, I remember that, I was so bewildered, he kept looking for his dice and I'm all "ok, but what happened to your pants?!"

And my annoying habit is that I don't really cook a lot of my food...for example, instead of making a sandwhich, oftimes I'll just keep going back to the fridge and get various ingredients..."ooh! cheese" and I'll cut off some slices from a hunk of cheese and eat that...then I rummage around in the fridge and grab some coldcuts...and later I'll make toast. Though I've been told that I'm either facinating or terrifying to watch while I eat, because I tend to attack my food and just sort of alligator it...that is, rip off a chunk, the token amount of chewing is really just to reposition it, and throw my head back to swallow it whole.
Hahaha, I just don't understand why no one wants to go out and get dinner with me  ???

BobismyRhino

• Hong Kong
  • *baby Bob kiss* MUAH!
    • Email
« Reply #109 on: September 14, 2008, 04:34:29 PM »

And my annoying habit is that I don't really cook a lot of my food...for example, instead of making a sandwhich, oftimes I'll just keep going back to the fridge and get various ingredients..."ooh! cheese" and I'll cut off some slices from a hunk of cheese and eat that...then I rummage around in the fridge and grab some coldcuts...and later I'll make toast. Though I've been told that I'm either facinating or terrifying to watch while I eat, because I tend to attack my food and just sort of alligator it...that is, rip off a chunk, the token amount of chewing is really just to reposition it, and throw my head back to swallow it whole.
Hahaha, I just don't understand why no one wants to go out and get dinner with me  ???

You also have food posession issues... You wouldn't let me and AC come over one time 'cause you had a steak and didn't want us eating it... Despite the fact that *I* don't eat meat and AC knows better than to take food from a wolf's mouth.  :rolleyes

People usually think that I've lost my mind. I haven't lost it, I know exactly where it is: the gutter.

My body is a temple. That is why I make chocolate sacrifices in it every day.

Sunic_Flames

• Organ Grinder
  • The Crusader of Logic.
« Reply #110 on: September 14, 2008, 06:32:02 PM »
Well, can you blame the lady lupine? Touching my food is a good way to win a one way ticket to amputee land, so I damn sure can't.
Smiting Imbeciles since 1985.

If you hear this music, run.

And don't forget:

There is no greater contribution than Hi Welcome.

Huge amounts of people are fuckwits. That doesn't mean that fuckwit is a valid lifestyle.

IP proofing and avoiding being CAPed OR - how to make characters relevant in the long term.

Friends don't let friends be Short Bus Hobos.

[spoiler]
Sunic may be more abrasive than sandpaper coated in chainsaws (not that its a bad thing, he really does know what he's talking about), but just posting in this thread without warning and telling him he's an asshole which, if you knew his past experiences on WotC and Paizo is flat-out uncalled for. Never mind the insults (which are clearly 4Chan-level childish). You say people like Sunic are the bane of the internet? Try looking at your own post and telling me you are better than him.

Here's a fun fact: You aren't. By a few leagues.
[/spoiler]

AndyJames

• Organ Grinder
  • Meep?
« Reply #111 on: September 14, 2008, 06:43:11 PM »

Sunic_Flames

• Organ Grinder
  • The Crusader of Logic.
« Reply #112 on: September 15, 2008, 09:47:50 AM »
Yes, yes, yes. We all know you are a croc(k), Sunic  :P

Says the bear. :rolleyes

And don't forget:

Huge amounts of people are fuckwits. That doesn't mean that fuckwit is a valid lifestyle.

IP proofing and avoiding being CAPed OR - how to make characters relevant in the long term.

[spoiler]
Sunic may be more abrasive than sandpaper coated in chainsaws (not that its a bad thing, he really does know what he's talking about), but just posting in this thread without warning and telling him he's an asshole which, if you knew his past experiences on WotC and Paizo is flat-out uncalled for. Never mind the insults (which are clearly 4Chan-level childish). You say people like Sunic are the bane of the internet? Try looking at your own post and telling me you are better than him.

[/spoiler]

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
« Reply #113 on: September 15, 2008, 10:11:18 AM »
And what's wrong with that?  :smirk
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol

Sunic_Flames

• Organ Grinder
  • The Crusader of Logic.
« Reply #114 on: September 15, 2008, 10:12:11 AM »
And what's wrong with that?  :smirk

The fact he's complaining about an alpha's eating habits when he's a beast himself? :P

And don't forget:

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #115 on: September 15, 2008, 10:14:18 AM »
I don't see any complaining  ???

But to call a fox an alpha?  :eh
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Sunic_Flames

• Organ Grinder
  • The Crusader of Logic.
« Reply #116 on: September 15, 2008, 11:11:52 AM »
I don't see any complaining  ???

But to call a fox an alpha?  :eh

You have a problem with fox on top? :P

And don't forget:

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #117 on: September 15, 2008, 11:45:49 AM »
Depens on the fox [/innuendo]  :lol

But when there are things like bears and tigers around, I obviously don't see a fox as the alpha, no :P

Sunic_Flames

• Organ Grinder
  • The Crusader of Logic.
« Reply #118 on: September 15, 2008, 12:06:09 PM »

But when there are things like bears and tigers around, I obviously don't see a fox as the alpha, no :P

Magic trumps mundane dude. Give that tigress the mating bite. /Epic Derailment is Epic

Edit: Actually this is kinda on topic. After all, this talk is pretty disturbing, and if the other guy was in your house saying this stuff you'd give him the WTFF look. (That's What the Fuckity Fuckstar, not a typo)

And don't forget:

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

CountArioch

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • I <3 termites
« Reply #119 on: September 15, 2008, 12:40:56 PM »

Is this a play on the "everyone is a furry for Krystal" meme?

Although I've seen Krystal, and I can't imagine many people that wouldn't be a furry for her.
She hasn't come to crush your bones, nor tear your flesh
She has come to steal your sanity with just one glance

Sacrapos - At First Glance, Eluveitie