Author Topic: GenCon Indy '08 Min/Max Meetup  (Read 24019 times)

Squirrelloid

• Bi-Curious George
Re: GenCon Indy '08 Meetup
« Reply #40 on: May 19, 2008, 07:23:39 AM »
Hey, some of you may know me from the old WotC CharOp boards (this username), but i hadn't been active there in a little while.  Found these through GD, thought I'd stop by and see what it was like.

And I'll be at GenCon Indy - yay topic relevance
The ignorant shall fall to the squirrels. -Chip 4:2

MittenNinja

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: May 19, 2008, 05:08:45 PM »
To those who are interested: There is a "Who's Line is it Anyway?" event on fri and sat nights lasting until 1am. I sense that those events will have a large chance of being epic.

skydragonknight

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #42 on: May 19, 2008, 05:23:56 PM »
Maybe this is just wishful thinking, but is there anyone in Michigan who'd like to car pool?
It always seems like the barrels around here have something in them.

MittenNinja

• Email
« Reply #43 on: May 19, 2008, 06:06:27 PM »
Maybe this is just wishful thinking, but is there anyone in Michigan who'd like to car pool?

I'm heading out from the Twin Cities.

EjoThims

• Grape ape
  • The Ferret
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: June 04, 2008, 11:10:51 AM »
Bump.

We should at least try to arrange a time to all be in the same place at the same time, even if we don't actually DO anything.

SixthDeclension

• King Kong
  • "Wit is educated insolence."
    • Email
« Reply #45 on: June 04, 2008, 07:49:31 PM »
Bummer, I'm too young to go alone! Sixteen is such a depressing age...
My choice place for buying Magic: the Gathering Singles: adventuresOn.com

Currently DMing a Solo PbP, Check it out here

Like the leaves of the forest when Summer is green,
That host with their banners at sunset were seen:
Like the leaves of the forest when Autumn hath blown,
That host on the morrow lay withered and strown.

Cyrocloud

• Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: June 04, 2008, 11:04:28 PM »
Umm, what else is there to do in indianapolis besides GenCon?

(215) 813-8780 (someone on the net already got my number so I guess it doesn't matter any more...Damn singles sites sending me shit all the time.  I don't think I've ever visited one unless I opened the damn link on a email thinking what the hell is this.)

AIM cyrocloud

EjoThims

• Grape ape
  • The Ferret
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: June 04, 2008, 11:33:11 PM »
Umm, what else is there to do in indianapolis besides GenCon?

Honestly not much more than in Milwaukee, but the mall and food court doesn't close at 7. Plus the non-gamers tend to be a lot more accommodating.

There's apparently other things downtown that normal people like, but I wouldn't know anything about that.

I think we have a zoo? Iunno...

dman11235

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #49 on: June 05, 2008, 02:08:58 AM »
To those who are interested: There is a "Who's Line is it Anyway?" event on fri and sat nights lasting until 1am. I sense that those events will have a large chance of being epic.

You just sealed it MN.  I WILL be going now.  If I only had money... I do live a short 45 minutes away from Indy, so that won't be a problem.  If anything I can come down and hang around for a bit.
My sig's Handy Haversack: Need help?  Want to see what I've done?  Want to see what others have done well?  Check it out.

EjoThims

• Grape ape
  • The Ferret
    • Email
« Reply #50 on: June 05, 2008, 09:13:52 AM »
You just sealed it MN.  I WILL be going now.  If I only had money... I do live a short 45 minutes away from Indy, so that won't be a problem.  If anything I can come down and hang around for a bit.

Oh nice dman. I didn't realize we were so close (I'm in Indy).  :)

Zeke

• Brilliant Gameologist
  • Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: June 09, 2008, 10:34:39 PM »
I am going to GenCon. I will be glad to see all of you.

I think we should have a BG event at GenCon.
I'm thinking of a spirited, informed and half drunk discussion of gameology.

I don't just mean a bunch of us at a bar, although that will doubtless happen.

I mean a salon to use an 18th century term. So from all of you I need a couple of things. We need a couple of topics/questions for discussion. We also need someone to play Tim Russert and moderate this thing.

I'm going to cross post this on the off topic board and see what happens.

Meg

• Message Board Extraordinaire
  • Brilliant Gameologist
  • Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Are you rapier than me?
    • Brilliant Gameologists
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: June 09, 2008, 11:04:18 PM »
My thought on this:

We do a Gameology seminar salon from 5:30-7:30 in the lobby of Embassy Suites on Thursday or Friday.  There's some nice space there (that we may have to fight for, but it could be doable with persistence) but it's also the Embassy Suites "Happy Hour" where they have drinks and snacks- technically for guests of the suites, but that's where we're staying so as long as we're not too obvious about it, we can hand over our keycards and participants could help themselves to the bar line. 

So it's a good venue and we can have our moderated, official discussion for two hours and then either go out to eat with anyone who is interested or go up to our room for the actual hangout, fun piece.

Who cares that the event isn't in the GenCon book?  Didn't stop me ever.
All of my updates are on twitter! 

This is my angry voice.  Text written in red, by me, is  an official moderator "suggestion"

Want to meet me or the other Gameologists?  Check out where we'll be on the Conventions, Meetups and Events board!

chibishuffle

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
  • the ultimate chibi
    • Email
« Reply #53 on: June 11, 2008, 06:32:52 PM »
I'll definitely be at Gen Con for what its worth  :)
There is a difference between being uninformed and being stupid.  When presented with conflicting information the uninformed man admits he's wrong and takes it in stride he may even be happy to find the truth.  The stupid man will rant and rave despite the fact he is obviously wrong.  Dont be stupid

wO-_-OdrOw

• Bi-Curious George
  • "I do not exist," we faithfully insist.
    • Facebook
« Reply #54 on: June 11, 2008, 07:27:25 PM »
I'd take out a section of a casual dining joint,

http://www.indy.org/indianapolis/web/jsp/wheretoeat/results.jsp?c=indydiningguide:downtownmonumentcircle&m=v&p=1&x=1213219015215

I'd be interested in some food with the CharOp'ers. I'm only twenty though.
Mine's been a yard carefully surface-tended, foxes burrowed underground.
<--Warlord CCG, NOT DnD

PhoenixInferno

• Hong Kong
« Reply #55 on: June 11, 2008, 09:42:22 PM »
My thought on this:

We do a Gameology seminar salon from 5:30-7:30 in the lobby of Embassy Suites on Thursday or Friday.  There's some nice space there (that we may have to fight for, but it could be doable with persistence) but it's also the Embassy Suites "Happy Hour" where they have drinks and snacks- technically for guests of the suites, but that's where we're staying so as long as we're not too obvious about it, we can hand over our keycards and participants could help themselves to the bar line. 

So it's a good venue and we can have our moderated, official discussion for two hours and then either go out to eat with anyone who is interested or go up to our room for the actual hangout, fun piece.

Who cares that the event isn't in the GenCon book?  Didn't stop me ever.
I am for this idea, although I'm still not 100% sure about GenCon.  Its either GenCon or start playing House: the Mortgaging.

dman11235

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #56 on: June 11, 2008, 11:58:00 PM »
I'm only 20, but I won't drink even when 21.  Yeah, I'm a loser like that.  I have no problem going into places like that though.  Heck, I work in a sports bar.  So in short, yes to food with CharOpers.  Hmm, CarhOpers.  COers could definitely find a way to make cars hop.

Also, I'm totally up for the BG discussion.  I say F though.  That's my vote for a day.
My sig's Handy Haversack: Need help?  Want to see what I've done?  Want to see what others have done well?  Check it out.

wO-_-OdrOw

• Bi-Curious George
  • "I do not exist," we faithfully insist.
    • Facebook
« Reply #57 on: June 12, 2008, 03:54:36 PM »
I'm only 20, but I won't drink even when 21.  Yeah, I'm a loser like that.

No drink smoke drugs promiscuous sex for me  :pout

And I don't know why I even posted that last link. The only place that would make sense to me for this to happen would be The Ram. ( http://www.theram.com/ ) It's just a few blocks from the con center and it's amazing.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2008, 03:59:22 PM by MFLABIAS »
Mine's been a yard carefully surface-tended, foxes burrowed underground.
<--Warlord CCG, NOT DnD

Meg

• Message Board Extraordinaire
  • Brilliant Gameologist
  • Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Are you rapier than me?
    • Brilliant Gameologists
    • Email
« Reply #58 on: June 12, 2008, 04:27:32 PM »
The Ram is packed during GenCon with 2 hr + waits and I'm sure the back, small event room is already booked by bigger folks.  Same with the brewery probably.

If we find a place that's a bit off the beaten path we'd probably be better off.  Though for the general meetup I think Embassy Suites is the way to do it.  It's a group dinner (if we wanted to do that) that is the question for reservations.   
All of my updates are on twitter! 

This is my angry voice.  Text written in red, by me, is  an official moderator "suggestion"

Want to meet me or the other Gameologists?  Check out where we'll be on the Conventions, Meetups and Events board!

Redeemer of Ogar

• My wife's art page:
    • Email
« Reply #59 on: June 12, 2008, 07:44:09 PM »
The Ram is packed during GenCon with 2 hr + waits

Though to be honest, that's true of everything within walking distance as far as I've been able to tell.  :P