Author Topic: Druuben's Thread  (Read 5301 times)

skydragonknight

• Organ Grinder
Re: Druuben's Thread
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2008, 04:34:59 AM »
Knowledge(local)-untrained (1d20+3=17)

[spoiler]He's been in the city for 3 months if that helps you decide success or failure[/spoiler]
It always seems like the barrels around here have something in them.

Mister_Sinister

• King Kong
  • For some people, four walls are three too many.
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2008, 04:41:19 AM »
[spoiler]He wants redflower leaves, which are a mild drug speeding up perception. It's not expensive, but neither is it particularly legal.[/spoiler]

Everything I learned about DnD I learned from Frank Trollman at The Gaming Den... but nowadays, my work space is the New DnD Wiki.

Check them both out!

skydragonknight

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2008, 01:32:42 AM »
After finishing his drink, Druuben withdrew from the tavern. His thoughts were on the poem, but he remained very aware of his surroundings, not letting his guard down for a moment.

While he wasn't a drug-user, he did know one poison-maker who also dealt with drugs. Perhaps he would have redflower leaves available-or would know who did.

He went from alley to alley until he found a way up to the rooftops and went from there. It was time to pay a visit to Slimmy Shade.

Mister_Sinister

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2008, 02:12:05 AM »
[spoiler]Slimmy Shade? Does he have like 5 ranks in Perform (rap) and Craft (creative lines)? :P[/spoiler]

Slimmy Shade's out-of-home business wasn't easy to find, but then again, poisonmakers were never well-regarded in Tal'Shar. His home was a nondescript wooden one-storey, with a roof that had a propensity for leaking.

Druuben wandered in without knocking - Slimmy knew him well enough to not take offence. Inside, he found the small man hunched over a table, next to a simmering beaker of some liquid Druuben really did not want to know the contents of. All around, there were vials, stirring rods, bits of paper and parchment with odd scribbles, as well as bits of fang, claw and other parts of different animals which Druuben knew to avoid.

As he approached, Slimmy turned around, showing his unshaven face and sleep-deprived eyes.

S'up Druu? What's it this time?

Everything I learned about DnD I learned from Frank Trollman at The Gaming Den... but nowadays, my work space is the New DnD Wiki.

Check them both out!

skydragonknight

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2008, 03:33:01 AM »
[spoiler]Maybe. I mean, there are Bards in the D&D universe. Maybe he used to write lyrics for Poison?[/spoiler]

The place was the same as ever-an absolute dump with the strange smell of odd concoctions being brewed. Just the kind of place to find something useful.

Two Drow sleep poisons this time, Slimmy. And some redflower leaves if you have any. the whisper gnome said sleep-deprived human.

While the sleep poison was not as strong as some, the chance of incapacitation and a swift victory makes it a powerful poison indeed.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2008, 04:10:02 PM by skydragonknight »

Mister_Sinister

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2008, 05:23:01 AM »
Redflower? That's cool. When'd ya discover the magic reds? Never figured you'd start using...

With that, Slimmy got up, stretched himself and walked over to a cupboard, which he proceeded to open and dig though in a none-too-tidy manner. It did not seem like he kept anything organised in any way whatsoever here.

So anyways, who's it this time? Which rich motherfucker you gotta pop?

Check them both out!

skydragonknight

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2008, 04:09:30 PM »
Actually, it's going to be a bit trickier this time. The target calls himself 'the Angel' and is himself a trained killer, so I must take every precaution when dealing with this fool who sullies the face of Death with his costumed killings.

Those who are very observant would notice that Druuben shows signs of anticipation and eagerness, and even a small hint of nervousness. Even unknown to Druuben, who believed he had killed off all unwanted emotions, the tiniest bit of fear was still present in his subconscious mind.

Mister_Sinister

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2008, 01:46:56 AM »
At the mention of the Angel, Slimmy dropped the vial he was holding, causing it to shatter on the floor, spilling its contents all around Slimmy's feet. The liquid was dark green, and the smell that came from it reminded Druuben of week-old cabbage.

You're after the Angel? You been on the dreammist or something?

Check them both out!

skydragonknight

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2008, 04:43:56 PM »
Druuben shook his head. The pay is good, and I've been wanting to try my skills on a worthy prey. Even so, I'm no fool. I've got a couple tricks up my sleeve that will turn things my way.

He'd have to plan how to strike when he found out where the Angel was. First he needed a few things besides the poison. A tanglefoot bag or two are a must for a melee opponent with twin weapons.

Mister_Sinister

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2008, 09:46:56 PM »
Well, I still think yer crazy, but then again, it's not different to how you usually are.

Slimmy quickly composed himself, and returned with a wrapped bundle.

OK, that's the stuff you wanted. You paying me this time? It's 30 gold ones.

Check them both out!

skydragonknight

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2008, 10:40:29 PM »
Druuben pays the man and puts the items carefully away.

I look forward to doing business with you again.

He nodded and left quietly, returning to the rooftops and heading once again to the Tanner's Hide Tavern.

Mister_Sinister

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2008, 09:40:50 PM »
Returning to the Tanner's Hide was no challenge for Druuben. Once inside, he noted that the strange clown woman was now playing with a dagger the size of a greatsword, which seemed oddly light for its size.

The strange hooded being had not moved at all since Druuben left.

Check them both out!

skydragonknight

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2008, 12:41:42 AM »
Druuben walked up to the counter and took his seat next to the hooded figure once again. He took out the pouch with the "magic reds" and laid it on the counter, sliding it towards the hooded figure.

I have the flower. Now what do you know of the Angel? he said to hooded man. In the noise of the Tanner's Hide, it would be very hard for anyone to overhear their conversation.

Mister_Sinister

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2008, 01:11:57 AM »
The Angel is watching you, right now.

Suddenly, the hooded figure turned, and Druuben saw a brief glimpse of its face, before the hood almost magically shifted to cover it. He saw a mass of open sores, protruding veins, and a single blue eye, with no eyelids and no connective tissue. What hair there was hung in dregs from where it remained, and his skin was scorched black.

Check them both out!

skydragonknight

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2008, 11:17:29 AM »
Druuben masks his quickly beating heart behind a grin. Well, this is unexpected. I didn't figure you'd be the type to revisit the places of your killings. So, Angel, as one professional to another, who do you serve? I've heard that your hand cannot be swayed by money. Then what is it that drives you?

Druuben's grin fades and he resumes the emotionless face of a trained killer. You see, I am looking for a partner. Someone to handle the close combat while I handle the ranged. You are at the top of the list of those I'm scouting...so I was wondering what it is you work? Money? Power? Or merely the sight of your victims' blood pouring out over the ground?
« Last Edit: September 12, 2008, 11:23:40 AM by skydragonknight »

Mister_Sinister

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2008, 09:32:20 PM »
There are nine of them. Eight have died. One remains. When that one falls, my purpose is over, and I shall be claimed by Prophecy.

Druuben noticed, out of the corner of his eye, that the bar's patrons were beginning to look distinctly uncomfortable, and a few even got up to leave.

I serve none but Prophecy. If you serve Her too, then we are partners. If you are indifferent to her, we are strangers. If you oppose her, we are enemies. Which are you?

Druuben saw his hand slide away, with the sleeve covering what he knew were razor-sharp blades.

Check them both out!

skydragonknight

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2008, 03:08:46 PM »
Druuben smiled slightly as he thought of his master. I serve none but Death. If Death benefits from the will of Prophecy, then we are allies. Even if we are not allies, neither are we enemies for our ideals do not oppose each other. So will Prophecy send many more into the cold embrace of Death?