Author Topic: Non-good 3.5e game - homebrew setting... with pirates (OLv2, I am not the DM)  (Read 2281 times)

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
I'm in a PbP game on another site, but there's only two people in the party.

The DM is Charlym Zuardan - you might remember him from the pre-Gleemax Wizards boards (he took 1st place in "Master Storyteller Competition #4: Mythic Beginnings"). The game is set in his "World of Taer" setting, where the elements play a strong role. I've already posted two of his classes here (the Warden and the Shaman) which are available for play in this game.

Currently, the party is level 5, True Neutral, and working as enforcers for the Black Hand guild in the Starshard Isles.

Starshard Isles
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

New races[spoiler]
Amani in game: Amani are a new playable race, they share all the characteristics of humans plus the following additional modifications.
* +1 con, +1 wis, -2 int Amani are a hardy and deeply spiritual people, but as a result tend to lack the drive towards higher education that other races have.
* +2 bonus on saves against poison, Amani have lived for thousands of years in the deepest jungles among some of the most venomous plants and animals, they can shrug off milder toxins that would affect other races.
* Amani tend to be tall and lean, with dark shades of hair and a golden brown skin color. Average height for males is between 5'10'' and 6'6'' and females are from 5'5'' to 6', though like any other humans, this can vary greatly.

Every race is associated with an element - elves with air, humans with water, dwarves with earth, and orcs with fire.
Half-Orc characters have the following racial traits:
+2 strength, +1 constitution, -2 charisma, -2 dexterity. Strong and tough, but slow and less agile, their orc blood makes them gruff and to the point, with no patience for the finer social intricacies.

Medium size.

Base land speed of 30 feet.

Darkvision up to 60 feet. Some say the fires which created them burn still inside, lighting their way at all times. Unlike normal darkvision, which is black and white, an orc using darkvision sees in black and shades of red and orange.

Automatic languages; common and orc. Bonus languages; draconic, giant, goblin, dwarf, and elf.

Favored class: Barbarian

A full blooded orc has the same racial characteristics with the following exceptions:
+4 strength, +2 constitution, -2 Dexterity, -2 charisma
[/spoiler]

House rules
[spoiler]
The rules, in no particular order.

Experience AwardsMajor House Rules in My Game
[/spoiler]

Optimisation level 2

I'm playing a dragonwrought kobold ultimate magus, and the other player has a hexblade. -_-' Yeah, maybe not the best balance there, but I don't have much experience with Batgodwizards, and the kobold can't speak Common.

If anyone's interested, I'll post a link.
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

AlisAtAn

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
    • Email
Showing interest. Skillmonkey, or druid. Not sure which. A problemsolver nontheless.

EDIT: Or actually, I would like to apply with the char I made for the Grey citadel campaign. Its a Beguiler ---> ScM. Its not really reusing a char as the game only lasted 2 weeks or so. Link in my sig. Feel free to link the DM to it.

I might change his alignment to something with a more evil streak to his sense of humour. Other than that I have a finished char ready to play.

LA buyoff in this game? Sure would be nice... I can find a RP example somewhere if he`d like.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 05:25:47 PM by AlisAtAn »
Odin, Feral Shifter Feral Shifter. "Can I drown the dead rat now?"
Loke, Dread Magnate "Me all good and nice. Ask any questions and I`ll kill you twice."

DnD classes is kind of like art. You make lots of stuff that everyone loves but aint no fun to play. This one is like getting a nude pic of Britney Spears when she was hot above your bed.  Anyone can appreciate it. And it works as it should in practise, not just in theory. -Me to Strato regarding his Elemental

Caelic

• Hong Kong
I'd be interested; I've been working on my own pirate campaign for some time (albeit set on an alternate seventeenth-century Earth.)  I'd love to see how someone else is treating the same themes.

AfterCrescent

• Organ Grinder
  • Here After
Is this game going to be moving here? Or would we have to go posting on another site?
The cake is a lie.
Need to play table top? Get your game on at:
Brilliant Gameologists' PbP Forum. Do it, you know you want to.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook
The 13th Guard - An alternate history campaign idea.
Clerics just wake up one morning and decide they need to kick ass, and it needs to be kicked NOW. ~veekie

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
It's on another site, mine to be precise. Link here.

I started the forum mostly to communicate with RL friends (and introduce them to some things many of you would take for granted), so please disregard any posts outside the "World of Taer" section. :-[

Due to repeated spambot attacks, you can't post in the main forums as soon as you register - You have to join the "Posting Group" usergroup, or I can add you myself (you can still send PMs). Likewise, you cannot post in the PbP forums unless you have been added to the party by myself or the DM (Charlym).

Oh, and while you're there, take a look at the memberlist :D
« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 10:14:30 AM by Prime32 »
My work
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Ieniemienie

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
interested I think...

BUt out of curiosity; why is the posting on your site and not this one?
'DnD is not a game; it is a membership in a tribe that I joined long ago.'

Stupidity should be painful!

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
It started on my site. I started up a PbP game to introduce my friends to D&D, and two other guys joined as well (Charlym and jawbone). Charlym later started up his own game, but his players abandoned it, so he invited jawbone and I into another.

This was before the migration to BG (the forum was created in 2006).
My work