Author Topic: Men and Women.. Problems/ Bias/ Observations, etc.  (Read 5089 times)

CountArioch

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • I <3 termites
Men and Women.. Problems/ Bias/ Observations, etc.
« on: August 16, 2008, 12:26:25 PM »
Split from the "What turns you on" thread-- take all of the general discussion about gender here. 

What turns me on? My wife... more so now then when I first fell for her.

Sadly, for reasons unknown to me, it does not seem to go both ways these days.    :(

Drop her. 

Alternately, go into couples counseling, perhaps your wife isn't as hard-headed as my wife.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but if she's not attracted to you anymore, that means she's going to leap in bed with the first person she IS attracted to.  Best to break it up while you still have hand.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2008, 07:15:51 PM by Meg »
She hasn't come to crush your bones, nor tear your flesh
She has come to steal your sanity with just one glance

Sacrapos - At First Glance, Eluveitie

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
  • Aistii valoa auttavasti
    • Email
Re: What turns you on?
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2008, 05:09:10 PM »
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but if she's not attracted to you anymore, that means she's going to leap in bed with the first person she IS attracted to.  Best to break it up while you still have hand.
lolwut? Am I missing my daily grain of salt and sarcasm detecting lenses or is it you who is so totally wrong here?

Sunic: You seem to be dubious that way.

Handy Links

Sunic_Flames

• Organ Grinder
  • The Crusader of Logic.
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2008, 05:13:07 PM »
Oh noes! :P
Smiting Imbeciles since 1985.

If you hear this music, run.

And don't forget:

There is no greater contribution than Hi Welcome.

Huge amounts of people are fuckwits. That doesn't mean that fuckwit is a valid lifestyle.

IP proofing and avoiding being CAPed OR - how to make characters relevant in the long term.

Friends don't let friends be Short Bus Hobos.

[spoiler]
Sunic may be more abrasive than sandpaper coated in chainsaws (not that its a bad thing, he really does know what he's talking about), but just posting in this thread without warning and telling him he's an asshole which, if you knew his past experiences on WotC and Paizo is flat-out uncalled for. Never mind the insults (which are clearly 4Chan-level childish). You say people like Sunic are the bane of the internet? Try looking at your own post and telling me you are better than him.

Here's a fun fact: You aren't. By a few leagues.
[/spoiler]

CountArioch

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • I <3 termites
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2008, 10:24:10 PM »
lolwut? Am I missing my daily grain of salt and sarcasm detecting lenses or is it you who is so totally wrong here?

No, just walked in to an empty house after work two years ago.  I've been where Shadowhowler is now, if she's not attracted to him, the marriage is over.  Maybe his SO will be willing to work and find out why she's not attracted to him, maybe she's has hardheaded as, well, pretty much every woman I've been with ever.  Either way, that's a pretty big warning sign.

Banor

• Curious George
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2008, 12:19:06 AM »
Sexual attraction comes mostly from hormones. Considering how much women can have their system fucked up with the various birth control stuff (hell even food), it might be just that. Talk to her and try to figure out what happens

Count, no matter how many (bad) experience you had with womens, remember that it is still the minority and a minority from a small group most likely. Stop generalization as if you had fucked half the womens of this planet. Your own experiences are exactly that, your own experiences, not some broad law of women habits.

CountArioch

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • I <3 termites
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2008, 01:22:18 AM »
Hey, all I know that although sex isn't the only component of a healthy relationship, not having sex IS a sign that something's wrong.

My therapist told me that, so it's not my word and my experiences.

Sunic_Flames

• Organ Grinder
  • The Crusader of Logic.
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2008, 01:20:17 PM »
Banor, you are speaking as if problem people comprise a small amount of people as a whole.

And don't forget:

Huge amounts of people are fuckwits. That doesn't mean that fuckwit is a valid lifestyle.

IP proofing and avoiding being CAPed OR - how to make characters relevant in the long term.

[spoiler]
Sunic may be more abrasive than sandpaper coated in chainsaws (not that its a bad thing, he really does know what he's talking about), but just posting in this thread without warning and telling him he's an asshole which, if you knew his past experiences on WotC and Paizo is flat-out uncalled for. Never mind the insults (which are clearly 4Chan-level childish). You say people like Sunic are the bane of the internet? Try looking at your own post and telling me you are better than him.

[/spoiler]

Shadowhowler

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2008, 01:45:05 PM »
Sexual attraction comes mostly from hormones. Considering how much women can have their system fucked up with the various birth control stuff (hell even food), it might be just that. Talk to her and try to figure out what happens

Count, no matter how many (bad) experience you had with womens, remember that it is still the minority and a minority from a small group most likely. Stop generalization as if you had fucked half the womens of this planet. Your own experiences are exactly that, your own experiences, not some broad law of women habits.

While I agree that it sounds as tho the good Count has burn burned before, and that experince has left him bitter and perhaps jaded... he does have a point. :(

I would not even mention it as a problem if I had not already past the stage where I tried to talk to her and figure it out... I did... LONG ago and many times. It's not a new thing... it's been a steady decline over a 2 year period... and all my attempts to talk to her about the problem have lead me to a run around, and angry reaction, or some other form of obfuscation.

No, in this case at least, the Count is right, and the lack of sharred intamate desire is a HUGE problem and a major warrning sign.

I just have not figure out what to do about it yet... as I am a pathetic, hopeless romantic who is still deeply in love with his wife... we seems to have somehow morphed into my best friend/roomate with *NO* desire at all for physical intamicy with me. :(

Anyway, I don't wanna derail a thread thats ment to be about HAPPY things... my bad...

Banor

• Curious George
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2008, 03:40:00 PM »
Banor, you are speaking as if problem people comprise a small amount of people as a whole.

They aren't a small portion of population in general for sure, but there is no way that your own experience be described as the inevitable truth.

I don't say that there is no problem, just not that because she doesn't want to have sex anymore that she is "going to leap in bed with the first person she IS attracted to". That is what I was considering as a exaggerated generalization.

Sunic_Flames

• Organ Grinder
  • The Crusader of Logic.
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2008, 03:56:07 PM »
I'd say the woman is more likely to be motivated by money than sex. Ergo, she'll go boink the first person she meets that makes more than you.

And don't forget:

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

CountArioch

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • I <3 termites
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2008, 10:05:52 PM »
All I know is that my ex told me that the guy she left me for makes a lot of money, and is about six inches taller than me and used to play football.

I told her if he ever stuck his nose on my turf I was going to knock the everloving crap out of him, but in actuality I should perhaps be thanking him.

You know why divorces are so expensive?  Because they're worth it.  :P

Sunic_Flames

• Organ Grinder
  • The Crusader of Logic.
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2008, 11:25:14 AM »
That is an interesting explanation. I still haven't yet worked out what the purposes of that legal contract are, other than allowing the female to rob you without legal repercussion at any time.

And don't forget:

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

SorO_Lost

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • I'll kill you before you're born.
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2008, 09:00:41 PM »
That is an interesting explanation. I still haven't yet worked out what the purposes of that legal contract are, other than allowing the female to rob you without legal repercussion at any time.
But that is what its for...
Tiers explained in 8 sentences. With examples!
[spoiler]Tiers break down into who has spellcasting more than anything else due to spells being better than anything else in the game.
6: Skill based. Commoner, Expert, Samurai.
5: Mundane warrior. Barbarian, Fighter, Monk.
4: Partial casters. Adapt, Hexblade, Paladin, Ranger, Spelltheif.
3: Focused casters. Bard, Beguiler, Dread Necromancer, Martial Adapts, Warmage.
2: Full casters. Favored Soul, Psion, Sorcerer, Wu Jen.
1: Elitists. Artificer, Cleric, Druid, Wizard.
0: Gods. StP Erudite, Illthid Savant, Pun-Pun, Rocks fall & you die.
[/spoiler]

Shadowhowler

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2008, 03:05:04 AM »

To be fair... the 'legal contract' would allow a man to rob a women just as easily. What matters is who has the most money... not what sex you are.

Nox_Noctis

• Hong Kong
  • A Simple Exchange
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2008, 04:48:11 AM »

To be fair... the 'legal contract' would allow a man to rob a women just as easily. What matters is who has the most money... not what sex you are.

You have to remember that, on average, a woman makes 77 cents to every dollar a man makes (2005 figure).  :couch
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Ubernoob

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Happy Panda
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2008, 04:57:46 AM »

You have to remember that, on average, a woman makes 77 cents to every dollar a man makes (2005 figure).  :couch
You have to remember that, on average, a woman gets 50 cents of every dollar a man makes (Timeless figure). :couch
Ubernoob is a happy panda.

Nox_Noctis

• Hong Kong
  • A Simple Exchange
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2008, 05:01:31 AM »
And yet women account for 80% of all consumer expenditures... Figures are so unreliable (and guys are so fucking whipped).
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Ubernoob

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Happy Panda
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2008, 05:06:28 AM »
And yet women account for 80% of all consumer expenditures... Figures are so unreliable (and guys are so fucking whipped).
50+70/170= 70%
Ubernoob is a happy panda.

Nox_Noctis

• Hong Kong
  • A Simple Exchange
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2008, 05:38:17 AM »
50+70/170= 70%
...That's not even true. That comes out to 54.1176471. :P You meant (50+70)/170 (and even that has to be rounded).

As for the math, that comes out of no-fucking-where. Also, when I said figures are unreliable, that's because most of the data gathered by the U.S. government about this issue is flawed (and even the correct information doesn't explain the causality at all - leading to various theories of choice, discrimination, etc.).
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

X-Codes

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2008, 07:01:06 AM »
I'd have to say Nox is pretty close on this one.  Going into detail about why, though, just might earn me the ire of many a woman (granted they're the type I'd probably despise/be despised by anyway, but I'd rather we remain ignorant of one another for as long as possible instead of engaging one another).