Author Topic: Revisiting Spells for the Optimized Druid  (Read 34529 times)

Lord_of_Rivendell

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
Re: Revisiting Spells for the Optimized Druid
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2008, 02:26:20 AM »
I'll think on that.

LoR

cru

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2008, 11:05:35 AM »
The Conjure Ice Beast I spell from Frostburn is pretty good. You summon an icy construct of any creature of the SNA I/SM I list. E.g. an Ice Beast Wolf compared to a normal Wolf gains ~17 hp, +2 AC, loses Trip attack but gains one icy Special Attack from a interesting list, e.g. Cold Aura (1d6 cold damage to all within 10 ft., free action at the beginning of its turn each round).
1d6 automatic cold damage/round to all creatures within 25 ft. diameter is quite decent on very low levels. And the beast can also attack, flank, and possibly even take some hits.

woodenbandman

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2008, 02:59:35 AM »
Not to mention that it gives you access to 9 completely different spells, which you can probably cast thanks to being neutral. So say hello to conjured Demons and Devils.  :D I believe that all they lose is their Constitution score, which is also good if you see something that would be sweet as hell if it had only a bit more CON. increased HD size and bonus HP based on size is pretty good.

Eldariel

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2008, 12:27:54 AM »
Hm, are there some worthwhile mass buffs beyond Vigorous Circle for Druid? Specifically thinking about Gestalt DMM: Persistent Druid going more for party buffs than personal buffs. (posting here so the spells, should they exist, could be added to the list, of course)

juton

• King Kong
  • Jack of all trades, master of nothing.
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2008, 12:17:19 AM »
I'm a fan of Saltray from the Spell Compendium. The d8 per 2 caster levels isn't great but the stunning the target for one round on a failed fort save is. It also doesn't allow SR.

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2008, 10:46:41 AM »
Has anyone taken a look at Sandblast from SpC? The damage sucks and the area is meh, but it's a Save-or-Stun effect at level one.
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation