Author Topic: Zelian's Thread  (Read 16139 times)

Mister_Sinister

• King Kong
  • For some people, four walls are three too many.
    • Email
Re: Zelian's Thread
« Reply #160 on: October 13, 2008, 11:16:12 PM »
His mother suddenly looked very angry, her face changing lightning-fast along with her voice, which suddenly became harder and much more emotional.

Your jokes are not needed here! You don't seem to understand precisely to how much effort I've been going to so that you can be married to a woman whose family don't think you're some sort of weirdo! Besides, we are trying our hardest to be respectable, and you know perfectly well where we stand socially, what with your father's work and all. You being married into a family like the Seisahs would benefit both you and us! You're lucky that with their daughter's reputation allows us more leverage than normal, as they're just as keen to have her married off as we are to have you married off! When will you understand anything!

With her face red from anger, she got up and left the room, walking briskly and not looking back.

Everything I learned about DnD I learned from Frank Trollman at The Gaming Den... but nowadays, my work space is the New DnD Wiki.

Check them both out!

AfterCrescent

• Honorary Moderator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Here After
« Reply #161 on: October 14, 2008, 12:00:26 AM »
I didn't mean it! Zelian calls after his mother, just before she disappears out of this room. I'm sorry.

He sits, staring at the empty chair for almost a full minute... Well if she wants me to behave, I will. I'll be THE gentleman tonight.  With that, he stands abruptly, knocking over a few books as he does, and for once, not bothering to replace them. After quickly returning the chair to its place under the desk, Zelian turns to the mirror in his room to ensure himself that he looks as perfect as he can. This shirt will not do at all.  Any my hair is atrocious.

Striding to the doorway, Zelian pokes his head out and motions for a passing servant. Find Dagma immediately, please. Send him here.
The cake is a lie.
Need to play table top? Get your game on at:
Brilliant Gameologists' PbP Forum. Do it, you know you want to.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook
The 13th Guard - An alternate history campaign idea.
Clerics just wake up one morning and decide they need to kick ass, and it needs to be kicked NOW. ~veekie

Mister_Sinister

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #162 on: October 14, 2008, 09:28:36 PM »
Dagma arrives sooner than even Zelian expected, his face set in its usual expression.

The Master sent for his humble servant?

Everything I learned about DnD I learned from Frank Trollman at The Gaming Den... but nowadays, my work space is the New DnD Wiki.

Check them both out!

AfterCrescent

• Honorary Moderator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Here After
« Reply #163 on: October 14, 2008, 09:35:09 PM »
Tonight must be perfect, Dagma. The Seisah's must see the perfect gentleman, and this outfit is slightly wrinkled. And my hair is a mess. We don't have much time, so we must start immediately.
The cake is a lie.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook
Clerics just wake up one morning and decide they need to kick ass, and it needs to be kicked NOW. ~veekie

Mister_Sinister

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #164 on: October 14, 2008, 10:02:37 PM »
But of course.

Dagma and Zelian immediately set to work, choosing a dark blue outfit without a single wrinkle in sight. Dagma, while not being amazingly skilled, quickly changed Zelian's hair from the mess it was previously to something copiously slicked and controlled, and did so extremely fast, even to Zelian's surprise. By the time Zelian left his room to meet his guests, his appearance had totally transformed - he would not look out of place at a high society ball.

As he went to the entranceway of his house, he saw that even his father, who was rarely at home for such occasions, was there, wearing a pale blue outfit, but not looking any more tidy than he usually did. His mother, who always looked stunning, was there, next to him, and Zelian could feel her annoyance at having to stand next to someone so unkempt. Zelian also noticed that they both carried fairly sizeable packages, which could only be Summer Festival gifts intended for the Seisahs.

The air was filled with the scent of the night-flowers that grew at this time. It was pleasant, almost seductive, even, filling the night with a bizzare kind of calmness and warmth. Zelian took a deep breath, catching that scent, along with the ever-present scent of sand and ocean, feeling calm, or as calm as one could be in his situation.

However, the people approaching the entranceway quickly made it all much, much worse. He could see Amarra, wearing a rather revealing outfit made of some soft white fabric, and wearing pearl earrings, a pearl necklace and a pearl bracelet. Next to her was only one other person, who Zelian guessed to be Amarra's mother, but she was dressed strangely, being veiled all over, in a dark green fabric, revealing nothing but her eyes, which were decorated heavily, and matched Amarra's exactly. The two of them could not have made a more striking pair, being so different, and yet, so similar in some way Zelian could not quite pinpoint.

Once they approached, the veiled woman spoke first, which was totally against protocol, in a very direct way and in a strange accent and intonation, more fitting a man than a woman.

Lord Seisah won't be joining us today. I am Aida, and may the desert protect you.

[spoiler]Knowledge (local) or (geography) for who the shite this is.[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: October 14, 2008, 10:16:19 PM by Mister_Sinister »

Check them both out!

AfterCrescent

• Honorary Moderator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Here After
« Reply #165 on: October 14, 2008, 10:11:12 PM »
The cake is a lie.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook

Mister_Sinister

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #166 on: October 14, 2008, 10:12:48 PM »
[spoiler]These people are the Harsheem, which are desert nomads who still live by keeping camels and such. Think of them kinda like the Bedoin. One of the biggest rules - don't mess with their women! In Saudi Arabia, Bedoin women drive AND pack guns![/spoiler]

Check them both out!

AfterCrescent

• Honorary Moderator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Here After
« Reply #167 on: October 14, 2008, 10:15:00 PM »
Zelian, recognizing the Harsheem woman, managed to hide any surprise and bowed gracefully as the two walked up.

Greetings, Aida, I am Zelian. This is my mother. And this is my father.  Welcome to our home. May the desert also protect you.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2008, 10:17:52 PM by AfterCrescent »
The cake is a lie.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook

Mister_Sinister

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #168 on: October 14, 2008, 10:25:21 PM »
Zelian's mother and father appeared to be somewhat taken aback by the arrivals. However, while Zelian's father could not stop starting at Amarra, his mother could not stop staring at Aida. The looks on their faces were also worlds apart.

Mother: I am... pleased to meet you, Lady Seisah. It is a pity that your husband shall not be joining us tonight. You and your daughter are very welcome here.

Zelian caught his mother nudging his father hard in the ribs.

Father: Oh, oh, yes, of course. You are very welcome! Please, come through inside, our dinner awaits!

Zelian could not help but smile at this interchange.

Thank you, the desert provides well.

With that, Aida turned to Zelian, and gazed at him for just a little too long to be comfortable.

You are a good son of the desert. You have good eyes, and they show that your soul is pure as the white desert sands. I trust you with my daughter.

Zelian noticed Amarra blushing.

Check them both out!

AfterCrescent

• Honorary Moderator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Here After
« Reply #169 on: October 14, 2008, 10:38:48 PM »
Zelian fought himself to keep from smiling at Amarra's blushing. Instead he managed another graceful bow and a soft, Thank you.

He then turned to the side and motioned to allow everyone to enter the hall leading to the dining room. After you, please, he said of everyone.
The cake is a lie.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook

Mister_Sinister

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #170 on: October 15, 2008, 01:07:59 AM »
Zelian's parents, looking more dumbstruck than anything else, had no choice but to comply. Zelian smiled as he caught Amarra winking at him before she walked over and took his arm. Immediately, the tapping signals commenced.

"Good job there, well-handled. Sorry, my mother's a little weird. Anyways, we'll get our chance to disappear soon enough - just wait till she starts lecturing your parents about being traitors to the desert..."

Check them both out!

AfterCrescent

• Honorary Moderator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Here After
« Reply #171 on: October 15, 2008, 01:11:24 AM »
As Zelian follows Aida and his parents towards the dining hall with Amarra on his arm, he keeps a small grin on his face and continues the conversation.

"We'll see how well that goes. My mother's not one for being on the receiving end of lectures..."
The cake is a lie.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook

Mister_Sinister

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #172 on: October 15, 2008, 01:28:21 AM »
"That's what the last ten or so thought, too... I could always count on my mother to freak out the parents."

Amarra smiled at that, walking all the time.

Check them both out!

AfterCrescent

• Honorary Moderator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Here After
« Reply #173 on: October 15, 2008, 01:31:14 AM »
"This'll be an interesting show then. And hey, the bigger the commotion, the easier it'll be to sneak away." Zelian finished his typing with a wink.
The cake is a lie.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook

Mister_Sinister

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #174 on: October 16, 2008, 10:39:52 PM »
Amarra simply smiled, without saying, or tapping, anything.

Dinner that night was an exercise in restraint for everyone present. Amarra had not been lying one bit when she claimed that her mother 'lectured', and much of the restraint had to be shown by Zelian's parents while they were being 'enlightened' in this manner. Zelian and Amarra had to show much restraint too, as they had to repress the urge to laugh almost constantly. Almost none noticed the food, which was delicious and plentiful, nor the copious amounts of wine that were consumed by almost everyone present. Zelian and Amarra carefully watched how much they drank, but Zelian's parents drank it down as quickly as seemed polite at the time, while Aida harangued them on the 'evils' of alcohol.

By the end of about an hour, Zelian's parents seemed hardly able to tell the time of day, and Aida seemed to be talking to no-one in particular, seemingly enjoying the sound of her own voice. At that moment, Amarra reached over and tapped out a message on Zelian's arm.

"This is our chance - she'll be talking for hours before she notices we're gone."

Check them both out!

AfterCrescent

• Honorary Moderator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Here After
« Reply #175 on: October 17, 2008, 07:30:38 AM »
Zelian responded by placing his hand over her tapping arm and commenting, "To my room, and then the roofs."
The cake is a lie.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook

Mister_Sinister

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #176 on: October 17, 2008, 11:39:20 PM »
"Let's go."

[spoiler]Since this is your room, feel free to describe what happens here, in gruesome levels of detail. :P[/spoiler]

Check them both out!

AfterCrescent

• Honorary Moderator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Here After
« Reply #177 on: October 18, 2008, 09:28:45 PM »
As they enter his room, Zelian turns and embraces Amarra in his arms.  After a passionate kiss, he pulls back and looks her up and down.

You look absolutely stunning. And, with a smirk, adds, It's a shame we have to get you out of that dress.  Zelian runs his hands down Amarra's neck and across her shoulders, smiling while he slips the soft white fabric off her slender body. He takes a moment to enjoy the view and lightly runs his hands across her sensitive upper body, eliciting an immediate response.  I took the liberty of picking you up something that would be more suitable for tonight.

He slowly leans in and caresses her lips with his own before leading her through the maze that formed his room. I told you I liked he to read, he chuckled, pulling her into a clearing by his bed.  Kneeling at the foot of the bed, Zelian pulled out the chest from under his bed.  He smiled up at the lovely, nude Amarra and inserted his code, popping open the chest.  Grabbing two outfits off the top of the chest, he stood and handed one to Amarra, while he slid off his own robes.

I hope it fits.  Doning his own casual clothes made for travelling, Zelian inquired, How was your day, dear?
The cake is a lie.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook