Author Topic: **Prologue** Trails long gone  (Read 8229 times)

Caelic

• Hong Kong
Re: **Prologue** Trails long gone
« Reply #40 on: September 17, 2008, 09:01:39 PM »
Nym simply nods acknowledgment of the words and the instructions, fluidly uncoiling from his chair and rising.

Nodaisho

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
« Reply #41 on: September 17, 2008, 11:31:15 PM »
"The intuition of a veteran is more reliable than the knowledge of a scholar in my eyes, I am fine with letting our sixth find us."
The more I see of people, the more I love my dog.

Surreal

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: September 18, 2008, 01:37:35 AM »
"I do not have any direct questions that my men have not already asked, but if we may ask of your expertise and experience in the matter... would you indulge us with some speculation?"

""Yes Beyden?" Master Te'on could already guess what was Beyden would ask, and he did not like it, but for the sake of their missing friend Samovar he would entertain it.

"Samovar was one of our best. He had a hand in training most of us, and even under duress he is an exceedingly difficult man to catch unawares. You know his abilities better than I... what would it take to prevent him from completing his mission?"

OOC
[spoiler]I'm basically just asking for speculation from Te'on's perspective, based on his understanding of what Samovar is capable of |(ie: his rough build) and what it would take to defeat him, given the circumstances of the mission. In effect, I'm metagaming within the game :P[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: September 18, 2008, 01:16:03 PM by Surreal »
---
"The late, sedate, and no to great." ~Surreal

Some Handy Links for CO Work (WotC 339 version) - a compilation of links for base/prestige class handbooks, tactics, spellcasting, character builds, D&D databases, etc.
Archived version of the above with working links

The Mango Index - a giant index for all things D&D and where to find them
The Mango List Reborn! - rehosted by KellKheraptis

Lists of Stuff - listing of class features etc and how to get them, etc. sort of like above but a little more specific and sorted by category
Polymorph, Wildshape and Shapechange, oh my! (comparison charts) - side-by-side comparison of all the various form altering abilities
Alternative Class Features
alternative ways to get class skills

Alastar

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: September 18, 2008, 10:56:53 PM »
Master Te'on takes a second to collect his thoughts on the matter, than answers, as you are all already used to see him do.

Well Beyden, Samovar is an exceptional leader, charisma, voice, power, he's got it all, he is inspiring as hell, heck, I've fought with him a few times and the man almost radiates self confidence.  what could trap him...

if one of his team was wounded, Samovar wouldn't let him behind, he would stay and try to evacuate him as long as there's hope, so maybe he's at a standstill somewhere.

If he was overwhelmed by sheer force, I'd say it would take a small army, so maybe overwhelming forces, or exceedingly powerful monster, but I think if something able to take him on had been around there, we'd have heard of it.

Magic might be able to nail him, aye, althought what kind I don't know, but I think If i had to take a guess, I'd take that one. 

[spoiler]I,ll effectively allow you to metagame a bit, samovar was a high level warblade/Bard with a heavy focus in both the inspire courage power (perform: scream the fuck after you till you perform better in combat, you lousy no good rookie!!!!) and in white raven tactics, if you have any martial lore, you know that he is able to use level 7 maneuvers, any other questions about him that you may know, just ask in OOC thread)[/spoiler]

Caelic

• Hong Kong
« Reply #44 on: September 21, 2008, 11:59:59 AM »
Nym absorbs that thoughtfully.  "A powerfully charismatic leader could be turned into a deadly weapon against his own men, if his mind were controlled by magic," he muses quietly. 

Nodaisho

« Reply #45 on: September 21, 2008, 08:33:54 PM »
"That is true. If he was convinced to tell his men that they were ordered to do something else while they were there, they might go along with it. Could we get a written order from you for them to return, just in case?"

Alastar

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: September 22, 2008, 11:33:48 PM »
Master Te'on nods his head and quickly scribes the following note:

Month of Darnath, 356 years after the conquest,
Chapter House of harren' daen' kar

This is a written order given the holder autority to order any witch hunters he finds to return home immediatly.  This order supercedes any other order you have recieved, including those of your commanding officer. 

Done in full mind, and soundness of body.

Te'on Takhra, Master of House for Harren' daen' kar

**his seal**

He than hands you the note, and looks in a questioning way, wondering if this will be all, o rif something else is required.

Surreal

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: September 25, 2008, 06:02:12 AM »
"Very well then, let us make our preparations and be on our way". Beyden proffers a respectful bow to Master Te'on before turning and leaving the room, a quick nod of his head indicating for the others to follow.

[spoiler]Perhaps we should jump ahead a bit? Things are dragging here.[/spoiler]
---
"The late, sedate, and no to great." ~Surreal

Some Handy Links for CO Work (WotC 339 version) - a compilation of links for base/prestige class handbooks, tactics, spellcasting, character builds, D&D databases, etc.
Archived version of the above with working links

The Mango Index - a giant index for all things D&D and where to find them
The Mango List Reborn! - rehosted by KellKheraptis

Lists of Stuff - listing of class features etc and how to get them, etc. sort of like above but a little more specific and sorted by category
Polymorph, Wildshape and Shapechange, oh my! (comparison charts) - side-by-side comparison of all the various form altering abilities
Alternative Class Features
alternative ways to get class skills

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: September 25, 2008, 07:27:08 AM »
Ling Ling nods respectfully to master Te'on and quickly follows Beyden.

OOC:
[spoiler]Fine with me, what do the rest of you guys think?[/spoiler]
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol

Alastar

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #49 on: September 25, 2008, 08:06:00 PM »
[spoiler]As soon as i got a majority without questions, I'm moving on.  Did you guys have a giant bird or not finally.  If you do, screw the boat (althought there might be some landing problems) if you don't we'll do a quick recap of the boat part.

If there is a bird, tell me it's name.

Also, I know it's just the prologue, but so far, feedbacks, anything on the game, tips?  Answer in ooc talk please[/spoiler]

Caelic

• Hong Kong
« Reply #50 on: September 25, 2008, 08:07:35 PM »
I can *be* a giant bird...but not that big.

Nodaisho

« Reply #51 on: September 26, 2008, 03:24:24 AM »
Wek'tcha bows awkwardly to Te'on and follows Beyden. Before he leaves the chapterhouse, he makes sure all his possessions are packed, and that he visits the armory for a silvered short sword.

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: September 26, 2008, 06:01:17 AM »
Ling Ling excuses himself to his fellow party members and follows Wek'tcha to get a silvered kukri from the armory.

OOC: I probably won't take up any real space on the bird :P
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol