Author Topic: A Mystic Theurge Question to ponder...  (Read 12495 times)

AndyJames

• Organ Grinder
  • Meep?
Re: A Mystic Theurge Question to ponder...
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2008, 10:28:05 PM »
I didn't meant you in particular AndyJames :P Anyone can have this kind of troubles with their DM.
Heh. I think I made my DM skittish where playing casters are concerned. He never knows what I will turn into a weapon next. So, he tends to go nuts with the nerfbat where I am concerned. Should see his face when I did showed him a Thri-Kreen Unarmed Swordsage with Multi-Weapon Fighting. 7 attacks a round at level 1 isn't all THAT bad... is it?

Hazren

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2008, 03:18:57 PM »
I knew I missed something. :(

Take 5 off the top, put the money back in the pot and it's still one strong build. :)

No it isn't, because it is illegal. Arcane heirophant requires trackless step class feature, which druids get at 3rd level.

Interesting that the DM and I both missed the call on trackless step. Seems he thought if it was available to the class as a feature then you qualified. I'm amazed how it made it past a lot of people.

@Dic: I can't seem to find how having something as a racial trait qualifies as being the same as a class feature. Could you point a humble person in the direction of learning?

I'm not one to want to run Illegal characters, just leaves an empty taste in the soul, kinda like cheating. I'm going to ask the DM if we can fix the old one or to let me try something new.

Now I never wanted to have the Druid as part of my build. I tried and tried to find a way around it. I wanted something that would compliment the Charisma aspect of the build. Thanks to Dic I have been enlightened, the Wildrunner. :) Using this I could replace the Druid level with one from Marshall ( Which looks like it has Knowledge Religion as a class skill thus freeing up a feat used to take Skill Knowledge)and take Wildrunner at level 8. Since the Game I was building for is a level 21 game I can still make this work out.:) I would love ideas on that kind of build.:)

Now to see if I rebuild or if I create a new one.
"My solution way too often is to press the red button and see the world burn, which brings us back to the fiery pits of Hell..."
Tshern

AfterCrescent

• Honorary Moderator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Here After
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2008, 05:46:48 PM »
@Dic: I can't seem to find how having something as a racial trait qualifies as being the same as a class feature. Could you point a humble person in the direction of learning?

It doesn't. Having it as a racial trait does not count as having it as a class feature, although, in general, it's not unbalancing to allow. :D
The cake is a lie.
Need to play table top? Get your game on at:
Brilliant Gameologists' PbP Forum. Do it, you know you want to.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook
The 13th Guard - An alternate history campaign idea.
Clerics just wake up one morning and decide they need to kick ass, and it needs to be kicked NOW. ~veekie