Author Topic: Uncle Kitties Guide to Hopefully Humorous Abominations of Nature  (Read 187468 times)

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
Re: Uncle Kitties Guide to Hopefully Humorous Abominations of Nature
« Reply #660 on: March 03, 2011, 09:40:07 AM »
Lets see, the first one would make a nice bug laser artillery.
The second is a mind affecting swarm(fascinate? confuse?) that can dance(maybe a hivemind swarm with bard attributes?).
The third one doesn't really warrant something unique on it's own, it's just cool that they can roast other bugs to death.
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

bhu

• Organ Grinder
  • Convincing the rich whale fat enemas are healthy
« Reply #661 on: March 23, 2011, 02:59:56 AM »
veekies house o' bees coming shortly

Sea Dragon
                      Colossal Plus Dragon
Hit Dice:             120d12+1650 (2370 hp)
Initiative:           +4
Speed:                60 ft. (12 squares), Fly 80' (Poor)
Armor Class:          42 (-8 Size, +40 Natural), touch 2, flat-footed 42
Base Attack/Grapple:  +120/+160
Attack:               Bite +132 melee (6d6+20/19-20) or 1 Tail Sweep +132 melee (6d6+20/19-20)
Full Attack:          1 Bite +132 melee (6d6+20/19-20) or 1 Tail Sweep +132 melee (6d6+20/19-20) and 2 Claws +127 melee (4d8+10)
Space/Reach:          120 ft./120 ft.
Special Attacks:      Frightful Presence, Spew Fire 5/day, Trample, Improved Grab, Swallow Whole, Swat, Inhale, Charge, Big
Special Qualities:    Dark Vision 60', dragon traits, Dr 20/-, Scent, Fire Resistance 15, Thick Armor
Saves:                Fort +79, Ref +62, Will +68
Abilities:            Str 50, Dex 10, Con 36, Int 8, Wis 14, Cha 36
Skills:               Climb +75, Intimidate +133, Knowledge (Geography, History, Local, Nature) +39, Listen +56, Search +49, Spot +56, Survival +52, Swim +100
Feats:                Ability Focus (Spew Fire), Awesome Blow, Cleave, Clinging Breath, Defensive Sweep, Devastating Critical (Bite, Tail Sweep), Epic Fortitude, Epic Toughness x3, Epic Will, Eyes in the Back of Your Head, Flyby Attack, Great Cleave, Greater Powerful Charge, Heightened Breath, Hold the Line, Improved Bull Rush, Improved Critical (Bite, Tail Sweep), Improved Initiative, Large and in Charge, Lingering Breath, Maximize Breath, Overwhelming Assault, Overwhelming Critical (Bite, Tail Sweep), Power Attack, Power Climb, Power Critical (Bite, Tail Sweep), Power Dive, Powerful Charge, Shape Breath, Shock Wave, Tail Sweep Knockdown, Tempest Breath, Weapon Focus (Bite, Tail Sweep)
Environment:          Temperate Mountains
Organization:         Solitary
Challenge Rating:    
Treasure:             None
Alignment:            Usually Neutral Evil
Advancement:          121+ HD (Colossal Plus)
Level Adjustment:     ---

"Odin help us."

The Sea Dragon is an enormous dragon who spends it's existence intimidating the other dragons to steal food for it or be eaten themselves.  It is a living engine of destruction covered in armor and spines, but fortunately it's a bit of a dumb tactician.

Frightful Presence (Ex): Whenever the Sea Dragon attacks, charges, or flies overhead all creatures within 240' with fewer HD than it must make a DC 83 Willpower Save or be subjected to it's Frightful Presence (Save DC is Charisma based).  Creatures with 4 or less HD are Panicked for 4d6 rounds, and those with 5 or more are Shaken for 4d6 rounds.  Any opponents who successfully make the Save are immune to this Dragons Frightful Presence for 24 hours.  Unlike normal, this ability affects other Dragons.

Spew Fire (Ex): 5 times per day the Sea Dragon can spew an enormous blast of fire as a Full Round Action doing 40d10 fire damage in an 80' Line (can breath once every 1d4 rounds, DC 85 Reflex Save for half damage, Save DC is Constitution based).  If someone readies an Action to ignite the gas on the round the Sea Dragon spits fire, the gas ignites doing 800 damage to the Sea Dragon.

Trample (Ex): DC 90 Reflex Save for half damage, Save DC is Strength based.  Unlike normal your Trample attack covers a 10' Area.

Improved Grab (Ex): If the Sea Dragon successfully Bites an opponent it can immediately make a Grapple Check as a Free Action without provoking an Attack of Opportunity.  If successful it may then do bite damage or Swallow Whole.

Swallow Whole (Ex): The Sea Dragon may attempt to Swallow an opponent up to Huge Size with a successful Grapple Check.  The swallowed creature takes 4d8+20 bludgeoning and 20 points of acid and fire damage per round it remains in the stomach.  A swallowed victim can cut its way out by doing 75 points of damage with a Light slashing or piercing damage to the stomach (AC 30).  Once they exit muscular action closes the hole and other swallowed creatures must find their own way out.

Swat (Ex): If the Sea Dragon successfully uses it's Tail Club or Claw Attacks on a Flying opponent they must make a DC 90 Fortitude Save (Save DC is Strength Based) or be knocked from the sky and take falling damage.

Inhale: As A Full Round Action the Sea Dragon may inhale, attempting to Swallow a Flying opponent of Large Size or smaller.  The victim and Sea Dragon make an opposed Grapple Check (the Sea Dragon does not get it's Size Modifier of +20 or it's Strength Modifier, and the opponent gets a bonus to the roll equal to their flight speed divided by 5).  If the Sea Dragon is successful it is now Grappling it's opponent and may Swallow them Whole the next round wit ha successful Grapple Check.  The victim must be flying and in front of the Sea Dragon fro this ability to be used.

Charge (Ex): As a full round Action the Sea Drake can perform a Charge attack.  It does 10d6+40 damage to everything in it's path, and get's a Bull Rush as a Free Action against each opponent it hits.  It can keep going until one Bull RUsh attempt fails, or it reaches the end of it's movement.

Big (Ex): Your Claw and Bite attacks affect any 10' area within range of your reach to the front (bite) or sides (claws) of the dragon.

Thick Armor (Ex): The Sea Dragon retains it's Natural Armor Bonus to AC against attacks that aren't supernatural in origin, and is immune to critical hits and flanking.

Skills: Due to it's wide angle vision, Sea Dragons get a +4 Racial Bonus to Search and Spot Checks.

Notes: The source material assumes no supernatural abilities or spellcasting.  In regular DnD add Spell Resistance equal to the Dragons Hit Dice, as well as Energy Resistance 50 (all types), and Fast Healing 30.

Combat:

work in progress
« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 05:01:33 AM by bhu »

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #662 on: March 29, 2011, 04:02:42 AM »
any thoughts on CR for this monstrosity?

jojolagger

• Hong Kong
« Reply #663 on: March 29, 2011, 04:15:41 AM »
I could kill it with 2 level 1's. More if it is attacking at the start because I'll likely lose a few, but 10 Level 1 warriors and 4 level 1 casters should be more than sufficient to take it down.

Assuming it's CR=1/2 HD and 10 survive, that's 36 billion xp per person. 36,238,786,560 xp to be exact.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 04:31:42 AM by jojolagger »
Countdown to Zombie Apocalypse 97
When you see this, copy it into your sig and -1
:lovefirefox
Quotes [spoiler]
In other words, he thinks there's a "correct" way to play D&D.  *sigh*
There is: Kill shit and loot the corpse!
When you use a tool the way it was designed for -- its intended function -- then it will work very well for you.

But it's not the tool's fault if you use it for something else and you fail utterly, such as trying to eat cereal with a butterknife, pounding nails with a screwdriver, blogging to voice your political opinions, and brushing your teeth with a hammer.
[/spoiler]

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #664 on: March 29, 2011, 04:34:16 AM »
i sense you are being sarcastic  :p

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #665 on: March 29, 2011, 04:37:17 AM »
i sense you are being sarcastic  :p
No, I think he has the right of it.  The monster has no SR, and a touch AC of 2.

Precocious apprentice (ray of stupidity).  Pewpew it's too stupid to move.  Frightful presence requires it to do shit, and it's not going to beat all their inits.

At a slightly higher level, hit it with allips.  Can't do shit against allips.

Also, it ought to be "will save" not "willpower save"
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 04:40:27 AM by The_Mad_Linguist »
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

jojolagger

• Hong Kong
« Reply #666 on: March 29, 2011, 04:40:30 AM »
i sense you are being sarcastic  :p
No, I think he has the right of it.  The monster has no SR, and a touch AC of 2.

Precocious apprentice (ray of stupidity).  Pewpew it's too stupid to move.
Tack on sudden maximize for 5 INT damage per caster.
Quotes [spoiler]
When you use a tool the way it was designed for -- its intended function -- then it will work very well for you.

But it's not the tool's fault if you use it for something else and you fail utterly, such as trying to eat cereal with a butterknife, pounding nails with a screwdriver, blogging to voice your political opinions, and brushing your teeth with a hammer.
[/spoiler]

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #667 on: March 29, 2011, 06:22:23 AM »
should I add SR for the DnD version then?  The background world assumes no spellcasting

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
« Reply #668 on: March 29, 2011, 07:12:09 AM »
Personally I'd convert some of it's nat AC to deflection to make it less broad side of a barn-ish. Or maybe give it a 'shake it off' ability based on sheer mass(i.e. treat it as a multi-sectioned creature.)
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #669 on: March 30, 2011, 03:13:08 AM »
Little Veekie's Big Beehouse of Horror

"Hi.  My name is Veekie.  Many of you at the auction are meeting me for the first time.  This is because it has taken long for my plans to come to fruition."

"When I was but a small child I had a beehive.  It wasn't anything fancy, and it was a small hive, but it was mine.  I loved tending the lil' bees (sniff).  But that came to an end one day when the local hilljacks knocked the hive over, and the Queen died from exposure.  Without the Queen the rest of the hive slowly perished, and I had to watch them go one by one.  Revenge was easy.  After all my opponents were quite stupid.  But then I figured, what's the point?  The environment that created them will simply create more fools like them."

"So I've devoted my life to allowing beekind to protect themselves and their caretakers.  And this is why you are here today.  To bid on the results of my efforts.  If you are worthy.  The unworthy SHALL BE FED TO THE BEES!  [SIZE="5"]YOU HEAR THAT PRINCESS FUZZY!?  DADDY'S FINALLY GETTING REVENGE FOR YOU!! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA![/SIZE]"

"Refreshments are to your left.  Now first up we have Blackie, a lovely sentient Bumblebee assassin..."

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/discoblog/2010/12/07/bug-juice-hornet-may-turn-sunlight-into-electricity/

Sun Bee
                      Small Vermin
Hit Dice:             1d8+1 (5 hp)
Initiative:           +3
Speed:                15 ft. (3 squares), Fly 60' (Good)
Armor Class:          15 (+1 Size, +3 Dex, +1 Natural), touch 14, flat-footed 12
Base Attack/Grapple:  +0/-5
Attack:               Sting +3 melee (1d4-1 plus poison)
Full Attack:          Sting +3 melee (1d4-1 plus poison)
Space/Reach:          5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks:      Poison
Special Qualities:    Dark Vision 60', Vermin traits, Solar Endurance
Saves:                Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +1
Abilities:            Str 8, Dex 16, Con 12, Int -, Wis 12, Cha 6
Skills:               Spot +5, Survival +1 (+5 for Orientation)
Feats:                Weapon Finesse (B)
Environment:          Warm Plains
Organization:         Solitary, Patrol (2-5), Hive (11-20)
Challenge Rating:     1
Treasure:             None
Alignment:            Always Neutral
Advancement:          2 HD (Small)
Level Adjustment:     ---

"Sun Bees have a band on their abdomen that absorbs the suns rays and converts it to energy.  Sluggish at night, they are terrors during the day."

Poison (Ex): Injury, DC 13 Fortitude Save (Save DC is Constitution based with a +2 Racial Bonus), Initial and Secondary damage is 1d6 Dexterity.

Solar Endurance (Ex): At high noon or in open well lit areas such as the desert or a Daylight spell the Sun Bee gets a +4 on all rolls.  During regular light it gets +2 on all rolls, at twilight it's at normal as it's reserves wear off, and at night it lowers to a -2 on all rolls.

Skills: Sun Bees have a +4 Racial Bonus on Spot Checks, and a +4 Racial Bonus on Survival Checks to orient themselves.

Combat: Tactically, Sun Bees are pretty much like any other bee.  Stinging is the norm.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sp8tLPDMUyg

Pattern Bee Swarm
                      Fine Magical Beast (<Swarm)
Hit Dice:             6d8 (27 hp)
Initiative:           +5
Speed:                5 ft. (1 square), Fly 40' (Good)
Armor Class:          23 (+8 Dex, +5 Dex), touch 23, flat-footed 18
Base Attack/Grapple:  +4/-13
Attack:               Swarm (2d6)
Full Attack:          Swarm (2d6)
Space/Reach:          10 ft./0 ft.
Special Attacks:      Distraction, Pattern
Special Qualities:    Dark Vision 60', Vermin traits, swarm traits, Immune to weapon damage
Saves:                Fort +5, Ref +7, Will +3
Abilities:            Str 1, Dex 20, Con 11, Int 3, Wis 12, Cha 14
Skills:              Listen +8, Spot +11, Survival +1 (+5 for Orientation)
Feats:               Ability Focus (Distraction, Pattern), Alertness
Environment:         Temperate Forests
Organization:         Solitary
Challenge Rating:     4
Advancement:          ---

"Pattern Bees hang off their nests side by side in a carpet of bees.  To dissuade attacks by predators they twitch their wings and abdomens in unison, effectively hypnotizing or mentally disabling their foes."

Distraction (Ex): Any living creature that begins it's turn with a Swarm in it's space must make a DC 15 Fortitude Save or be Nauseated for 1 round.  Save DC is Constitution based.

Pattern (Ex): Any living creature able to see the Pattern Bee Swarm must make a DC 17 Willpower Save or be affected as if by a Confusion or Fear spell (bees choice).  Save DC is Charisma based.

Skills: Pattern Bees have a +4 Racial Bonus on Spot Checks, and a +4 Racial Bonus on Survival Checks to orient themselves.

Combat: Pattern Bees prefer to use their patterns to confuse and dissuade foes.  If this doesn't work they resort to swarming.

http://notexactlyrocketscience.wordpress.com/2007/09/17/mobs-of-honeybees-suffocate-hornets-to-death/

Sauna Bees
                      Tiny Magical Beast (Swarm)
Hit Dice:             6d8 (27 hp)
Initiative:           +3
Speed:                10 ft. (2 squares), Fly 40' Good)
Armor Class:          17 (+4 Size, +3 Dex), touch 17, flat-footed 14
Base Attack/Grapple:  +4/-8
Attack:               Swarm (2d6 plus 2d6 fire)
Full Attack:          Swarm (2d6 plus 2d6 fire)
Space/Reach:          10 ft./0 ft.
Special Attacks:      Distraction, Burninate
Special Qualities:    Dark Vision 60', Vermin traits, swarm traits, Half damage from Slashing and Piercing weapons
Saves:                Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +3
Abilities:            Str 2, Dex 16, Con 11, Int -, Wis 12, Cha 2
Skills:               Listen +8, Spot +11, Survival +1 (+5 for Orientation)
Feats:               Ability Focus (Distraction), Alertness,
Environment:          Temperate Plains
Organization:         Solitary
Challenge Rating:     4
Advancement:          ---

"Sauna Bees are called this because of their ability to literally heat foes up.  They latch onto their victims and begin vibrating, causing intense heat through friction, and burning their grappled foes to death."

Distraction (Ex): Any living creature that begins it's turn with a Swarm in it's space must make a DC 15 Fortitude Save or be Nauseated for 1 round.  Save DC is Constitution based.

Burninate (Ex): The Sauna Bees Swarm attack does an additional 2d6 Fire damage.

Skills: Sauna Bees have a +4 Racial Bonus on Spot Checks, and a +4 Racial Bonus on Survival Checks to orient themselves.

Combat: Much like any swarm the Sauna Bees latch on and begin biting away.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 03:21:49 AM by bhu »

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #670 on: March 30, 2011, 03:22:34 AM »
Fulfillin' a promise

http://overlordbobsuniverse.blogspot.com/2010/12/hero-9.html

Cat Slime
                      Tiny Ooze
Hit Dice:             1d10+1 (6 hp)
Initiative:           +3
Speed:                20 ft. (4 squares), Climb 20 ft., Swim 20 ft.
Armor Class:          16 (+2 Size, +3 Dex, +1 Natural), touch 15, flat-footed 13
Base Attack/Grapple:  +0/+
Attack:               Grapple
Full Attack:          Grapple
Space/Reach:          2 1/2 ft./0 ft.
Special Attacks:      Adhesion, Transformation
Special Qualities:    Ooze Traits, Dark Vision 60', Not Mindless
Saves:                Fort +0, Ref +3, Will +2
Abilities:            Str 3, Dex 16, Con 12, Int 3, Wis 14, Cha 10
Skills:               Balance, Climb, Hide, Jump, Listen, Move Silently, Spot
Feats:              
Environment:          Any
Organization:         Solitary or Purr (5-10)
Challenge Rating:    
Treasure:             None
Alignment:            Always Chaotic Neutral
Advancement:          ---
Level Adjustment:     ---

Adhesion (Ex):

Transformation (Su):

Not Mindless (Ex):

Skills:

Combat:

Slime Kattgrrl

Slime Kattgrrl is an Acquired Template that can be applied to any Humanoid.

Size and Type: Size remains same, Type changes to Ooze.

Hit Dice: All current and future Hit Dice become d10's, recalculate hp.

Speed: Gain a Climb and Swim speed equal to Base Land Speed.

Armor Class:Environment: Any

Organization: Usually Solitary

Challenge Rating: <>

Treasure: None

Alignment: Always Chaotic Neutral

Advancement: By Character Class

Level Adjustment: <>

Example of creature using template here:

« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 05:40:09 AM by bhu »

jojolagger

• Hong Kong
« Reply #671 on: March 30, 2011, 04:32:13 PM »
should I add SR for the DnD version then?  The background world assumes no spellcasting
I bet you that I can build a Level 20 Character Capable of Killing a Sea Dragon. No magic or psionics what so ever, 32 Point buy.

Done. No Magic at all, Only spent 2250 gp.
[spoiler]
Thorend is on the opposite side of the second story of a stone house from the dragon. This Means that he and the Dragon can't see each other, and that he has a good vantage point. He has delayed until Darnak fires his shot.

Darnak is about 300 feet further from the dragon, on top of a roof and in sight. He has the dragon's attention. He has readied an action to shoot the dragon (using Ignore Natural Armour for a guaranteed hit) once it is within 80 ft. of Thorend. Even if he doesn't bypass DR, he has hit, which activates Distracting Attack. The dragon is now considered flanked for the purposes of allies attacks.
Thorend rushes to within 30 ft. of the dragon (easily tumbling to avoid AoO and Jumping up to 40 ft.), and shoots an arrow into a vital artery for 1d8+9d6+5 (average 41) plus 1 bleeding damage.
At this point, The Dragon is dead. It just doesn't know it yet. It will take 1 damage every round 3 hours, 53 minutes 54 seconds, at which point it will have been reduced to -10 hit points.
For added defense, Nahar is a good 1000 ft. away, With a readied action to ignite gas for the dragons breath weapon.
Now Thorend is probably dead. That's okay. Darnak and Nahar will easily gain enough xp to move up a role, with more power than before. They can still defend the town from dragons.
Now, if Thorend and Darnak die, things get interesting. Assuming Cr= 1/2 HD (low for a dragon), Nahar will earn 120,795,955,200 xp, achieving an epic level so high, nobody will even try to calculate his level.[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 08:52:36 PM by jojolagger »
Quotes [spoiler]

[/spoiler]

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #672 on: March 31, 2011, 05:33:15 AM »
any of these abilities supernatural?

jojolagger

• Hong Kong
« Reply #673 on: March 31, 2011, 01:28:19 PM »
any of these abilities supernatural?
Three, All of which are only nice bonuses and not actually needed in the build. Foil Blindsense, Dragonstrike, Aura of courage.
Aura of courage is the biggest loss, but it's still only -2.
Quotes [spoiler]

[/spoiler]

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #674 on: March 31, 2011, 08:40:09 PM »
Can you do it wifout supernatural abilities?   :D

jojolagger

• Hong Kong
« Reply #675 on: April 01, 2011, 01:12:48 AM »
Can you do it wifout supernatural abilities?   :D
Three, All of which are only nice bonuses and not actually needed in the build. Foil Blindsense, Dragonstrike, Aura of courage.
Aura of courage is the biggest loss, but it's still only -2.

Missed a line in my last post.
Quotes [spoiler]

[/spoiler]

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #676 on: April 01, 2011, 03:14:29 AM »
Also while I'm doing this for GtP, are there any books wif animals Ive missed?

Neo-Animal

This is an Inherited Template that can be applied to any Animal (or possibly any Vermin of you allow Awakened Vermin in your campaign)..  Some Awakened Animals breed true somehow, and eventually generate a race of intelligent critters.

Size and Type: Type changes to Magical Beast

Hit Dice: Hit Dice become d10's. If the creature has less than 1 Hit Die, it now increases to one full Hit Die.

Speed: Unchanged.

Armor Class: Unchanged.

Attacks: Base Attack Bonus becomes equal to Hit Dice.

Damage: Unchanged

Special Attacks: Retains all Special Attacks of the Base Creature.

Special Qualities: Retains all Special Qualities of the Base Creature, and gains the following:

Skill Limitations (Ex): Because animals have no hands they cannot make Skill Checks in the following skills:

Craft, Disable Device, Disguise, Forgery, Open Lock, Sleight of Hand, and Use Rope.

Primates with clumsy hands take a -4 Racial Penalty on these Skills instead.

Most will not be able to take ranks in Handle Animal or Ride as well. Most Aquatic animals will not be able to get ranks in Balance or Climb. Most Str or Dex based skills may be limited because of body type.

Natural Mage (Ex): Since Neo-Animals can speak they can cast spells with Verbal Components, and they can adjust spells to use Somatic Components usable by their non humanoid form. Material Components and Focuses may still give them a bit of a problem sometimes.

Dark Vision 60'

Saves: Unchanged (may need to be recalculated due to Stat changes).

Abilities: Roll 3d6 for stats like any other race.  As usual for any race, to figure out Stat Bonus/Penalty for each Attribute, take the Attribute and subtract 10 (if even) or 11 (if odd) to get the Bonus/Penalty.  For Charisma subtract 7 if the Attribute is 10, and 8 if the Attribute is 11 to find the Racial Modifier.  Int is always a +0.

Skills: Recalculate Skills due to new Stats.

Feats: Unchanged.

Environment: Unchanged.

Organization: Unchanged.

Challenge Rating: +0. If original CR is less than 1, it becomes 1.

Treasure: Unchanged initially, but eventually becomes standard if it decides to accumulate wealth.

Alignment: Unchanged initially, but will tend to drift towards Chaos for solitary animals, or Lawful for pack or herd animals.

Advancement: By Character Class, Favored Class can be any of the Primordial Classes at the DM's option.

Level Adjustment: +0 in theory. However there will be a level adjustment due to the Animal/Vermin's racial stats abilities which will be worked out below.

Monster Manual
Deinonychus: +6
Elasmosaurus: +5
Megaraptor: +7
Triceratops: +8
Tyrranosaurus: +8
Dire Ape: +8
Dire Badger: +6
Dire Bat: +6
Dire Bear: +7
Dire Boar: +4
Dire Lion: +8
Dire Rat: +5
Dire Shark: +8
Dire Tiger: +6
Dire Weasel: +6
Dire Wolf: +5
Dire Wolverine: +6
Ape: +6
Baboon: +3
Badger: +5
Bat: +2
Bear (Black): +5
Bear (Brown): +6
Bear (Polar): +6
Bison: +4
Boar: +4
Camel: +4
Cat: +3
Cheetah: +4
Crocodile: +4
Crocodile, Giant: +4
Dog: +4
Dog, Riding: +4
Donkey: +3
Eagle: +2
Elephant: +7
Hawk: +2
Horse, Heavy: +5
Horse, Light: +5
Warhorse, Heavy: +5
Warhorse, Light: +5
Hyena: +3
Leopard: +6
Lion: +6
Lizard: +0
Lizard, Monitor: +2
Manta Ray: +2
Monkey: +0
Mule: +4
Octopus: +3
Octopus, Giant: +8
Owl: +2
Pony: +4
Pony, War: +4
Porpoise: +4
Rat: +2
Raven: +0
Rhinoceros: +3
Shark, Medium: +5
Shark, Large: +5
Shark, Huge: +6
Constrictor Snake: +8
Constrictor Snake, Giant: +9
Viper, Tiny: +4
Viper, Small: +4
Viper, Medium: +6
Viper, Large: +6
Viper, Huge: +8
Squid: +3
Squid, Giant: +11
Tiger: +6
Toad: +0
Weasel: +3
Whale, Baleen: +7
Whale, Cachalot: +7
Whale, Orca: +5
Wolf: +3
Wolverine: +7
Giant Ant, Soldier: +6
Giant Ant, Worker: +4
Giant Ant, Queen: +4
Giant Bee: +5
Giant Bombardier Beetle: +3
Giant Fire Beetle: +0
Giant Stag Beetle: +6
Giant Praying Mantis: +5
Giant Wasp: +6
Centipede: Tiny: +1
Small: +2
Medium: +4
Large: +4
Huge: +6
Gargantuan: +7
Colossal: +8
Scorpion: Tiny: +6
Small: +6
Medium: +8
Large: +9
Huge: +10
Gargantuan: +12
Colossal: +14
Spider: Tiny: +5
Small: +6
Medium: +8
Large: +9
Huge: +11
Gargantuan: +13
Colossal: +16

Monster Manual 2
Desmodu Guard Bat: +6
Desmodu Hunting Bat: +6
Desmodu War Bat: +7
Crytpoclidus: +8
Allosaurus: +12
Ankylosaurus: +10
Quetzalcoatlus: +8
Seismosaurus: +13
Spinosaurus: +14
Dire Horse: +5
Dire Elk: +7
Dire Elephant: +9
Dire Toad: +8
Dire Hawk: +5
Dire Snake: +12
Forest Sloth: +10
Grizzly Mastodon: +8
Leechwalker: +5
Legendary Eagle: +5
Legendary Ape: +6
Legendary Wolf: +6
Legendary Snake: +12
Legendary Horse: +4
Legendary Bear: +7
Legendary Tiger: +7
Legendary Shark: +9
Megalodon: +10
Megapede: +13

Monster Manual 3
Battletitan: +13
Bloodstriker: +7
Chelicera: +9
Fleshraker: +7
Mastodon: +9
Sea Tiger: +7
Swindlespitter: +7

Monster Manual 5
Siege Beetle: +23

Fiend Folio
Bonespear: +11
Century Worm: +18
Dire Rhinoceros: +10
Fhorge: +7
Indricothere: +10
Megatherium: +12
Terror Bird: +5

Frostburn
Dire Polar bear: +9
Glyptodon: +8
Megaloceros: +5
Smilodon: +6
Wooly Mammoth: +10
Zeuglodon: +9
Snow Spider (Small): +4
(Medium): +5
(Large): +5
Caribou: +3
Arctic Fox: +2
Sea Otter: +2
Penguin: +0
Seal: +2
Walrus: +3

Stormwrack
Crab: Small: +4
Medium: +6
Large: +8
Huge: +10
Gargantuan: +13
Colossal: +17
Archelon: +7
Ichthyosaur: +5
Mosasaur: +9
Plesiosaur: +9
Dire Barracuda: +5
Dire Eel: +5
Giant Leech: +3
Albatross: +2
Barracuda: +3
Eel: +3
Otter: +0
Sea Lion: +4
Seal: +3
Snapping Turtle: +2
Stingray: +1

Sandstorm
Protoceratops: +3
Diprotodon: +7
Dire Hippopotamus: +8
Dire Jackal: +4
Dire Puma: +7
Dire Tortoise: +8
Dire Vulture: +5
Giant Banded Lizard: +7
Camel: Dromedary: +4
Two Humped: +4
War: +4
Hippopotamus: +4
Horned Lizard: +0
Serval: +4
Vulture: +4
Brine Swimmer: +4
Giant Ant Lion: +8
Worker Termite: +2
Soldier Termite: +6
Queen Termite: +2

Oriental Adventures
Giant Toad: +4
Poisonous Toad: +6

Arms and Equipment Guide
Climbdog: +4
Thudhunter: +6
Axebeak: +4
Giant Dragonfly: +4
Giant Firefly: +3

Serpent Kingdoms
Ceratosaurus: +7
Pteranodon: +4
Stegosaurus: +12
Nifern: +5
Dung Snake: +6
Glacier Snake: +5
Reed Snake: +6
Sewerm: +8
Tree Python: +6
Whip Snake: +7

Miniatures Handbook
Cave Ankylosaurs: +8
Cave Triceratops: +8
Cave Tyrannosaurus: +8

Eberron Campaign Setting
Clawfoot: +5
Fastieth: +3
Glidewing: +4
Valenar Riding Horse: +3

will return to finish
« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 03:27:36 AM by bhu »

Monotremeancer

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #677 on: April 01, 2011, 04:17:35 AM »
Also while I'm doing this for GtP, are there any books wif animals Ive missed?
RotW contains a few at the end and RotS has the Dire Eagle
Who cares for realism when you can be awesome?

Radmelon

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #678 on: April 01, 2011, 08:27:29 PM »
Magically uplifted animals?

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #679 on: April 01, 2011, 09:27:27 PM »
I suggest a feat which grants them Alternate Form: human (or any LA +0 race). High-Cha prerequisites. Funny ears optional.
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]