Author Topic: Creating a Dread Necro villain  (Read 1428 times)

CountArioch

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • I <3 termites
Creating a Dread Necro villain
« on: August 16, 2008, 05:23:13 AM »
The NPC in question:  Fully Advanced Slaymate Dread Necromancer.  Due to nonassociated level shenanigans, her spellcaster level is one higher than her CR, looking for CR 12 (At 13th level caster)

I'm looking for ways to tweak her out.

For plot reasons, she can have almost any sort of undead minions, but we'll keep with the standard 111 hit dice worth of skeletons and zombies that she's created, and 26 hit dice worth of better stuff that she's rebuked.  She has no unreasonable sources of undead (No paragon corpse solar zombies or other foolishness, limited to the 10 hit dice for zombies and 20 hit dice for skellies)

She controls a ruined city, and is in charge of "trade", as it were.  (Her master is an uttercold assault necro, and is constantly importing corpses from the northern frostfells for research, the city is a vital point.)

She has high wisdom and ranks in Knowledge:Religion, so any sort of Arcane Disciple Chicanery will be fine.

I am also considering a PrC, but I'm not sure of any that would work, although dread necro is redundant mostly for someone who is already undead herself.  Also, I'm ruling her pale aura applies to spells she casts, so -1 to metamagic costs for ll necromancy spells!
She hasn't come to crush your bones, nor tear your flesh
She has come to steal your sanity with just one glance

Sacrapos - At First Glance, Eluveitie

ninjarabbit

• Hong Kong
    • Email
Re: Creating a Dread Necro villain
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2008, 06:50:16 PM »
Could you spellstitch her? With a high wis you can have some nice SLAs from the conjuration, necromancy, and evocation schools for only +1 CR.

You also have your rebuking so some divine feats could be in order.

You could also use some corpsecrafting feats to make exploding undead, that's always fun since she and her undead would be healed by the negative enegy.

CountArioch

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • I <3 termites
Re: Creating a Dread Necro villain
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2008, 02:06:37 AM »
Potential ideas, corpsecrafting does work with the DN's bonuses.

Spellstitching could also work, since the main villain does that to her top lieutenants. 

What are some good domains to cherry-pick for spells?  The spell domain is obvious, are there any others?
She hasn't come to crush your bones, nor tear your flesh
She has come to steal your sanity with just one glance

Sacrapos - At First Glance, Eluveitie