Author Topic: Bleach D&D game?  (Read 11711 times)

skydragonknight

• Organ Grinder
Re: Bleach D&D game?
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2008, 09:54:07 PM »
I think I will give this a try. And I vote for modern.
It always seems like the barrels around here have something in them.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2008, 10:09:06 AM »
In a Modern game, all PCs' powers will be assumed to be spiritual in nature. The only planes are the physcial world, Hueco Mundo, the Soul Societies, and the demiplanes that connect them.
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2008, 11:27:20 AM »
I plan to incorporate taint in some way - a plus transforms into a hollow when its taint score grows too large, and vizards are similar to Tainted Warriors.
My work
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

DetectiveJabsco

• Bi-Curious George
  • Here's To Life
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2008, 09:20:08 PM »
Fort/Ref/Will=???
as a ZANJUTSU SHINIGAMI?
----------------------------------
*Just a Start*
Character Sheet
[spoiler]Tera Amaranth

Race: Human
Size: Mid
Alignment: Lawful/Nutural
ECL: 3
XP:

ZANJUTSU SHINIGAMI 3

Stats
[spoiler]
Str:16 {+3}
Dex:14 {+2}
Con:16 {+3}
Int:12 {+1}
Wis:12 {+1}
Cha:10 {+0}
[/spoiler]

Combat Stats
[spoiler]
Hit Dice: 1d12
Hit Points: 34
Armor Class: 19 (10 +7 Defence +2 Dex)
Initiative: +2 (+2 Dex)
Base Attack Bonus: 3
Grapple: +6 (3 BAB +3 Str)
Speed: 30' land;
[/spoiler]

Saves
[spoiler]
Fort: +XX (+X Class, +X Con)
Ref: +XX (+X Class, +X Dex)
Will: +XX (+X Class, +X Wis)[/spoiler]

Attack Options
[spoiler]
3 BAB +3 Str
Single Attack:
+7 Zanpakutou (Howling Darkness) (1d8+3) 19-20/x2
[/spoiler]

[spoiler]
Languages: Common
Total Skill Points: 36 (Class: 4+1(int)*3; Race: 4+1*3)
+9 Concentration (6 ranks, +3 Stat)
+8 Hide (6 ranks, +2 Stat)
+9 Jump (6 ranks, +3 Stat)
+7 Listen (6 ranks, +1 Stat)
+8 Move Silently (6 ranks, +2 Stat,)
+8 Spot (6 ranks, +1 Stat)
[/spoiler]

Feats
[spoiler]
(H) Specialized Zanpakutou [Zanpakutou]
(C1) Power Attack
(1) Dodge
(C2) Mobility
(3) Constant Release [Zanpakutou]

Class Abilities
[spoiler]
ZANJUTSU SHINIGAMIXXgp

Price - Item Name (Book)[/spoiler]

Background
[spoiler]Break it up in chapters if you want[/spoiler]

Appearance
[spoiler]What do you look like?[/spoiler]

Personality
[spoiler]What do you act like?[/spoiler]

« Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 11:02:55 PM by DetectiveJabsco »

skydragonknight

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2008, 10:36:05 PM »
Fort/Ref/Will=???
as a ZANJUTSU SHINIGAMI?

Fort=Good
Will=Bad
Reflex=flip a coin.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2008, 10:55:56 AM »
Zanjutsu Shinigami
Fort: Good
Ref: Bad
Will: Good

Hakuda Shinigami
Fort: Good
Ref: Good
Will: Bad

Kido Shinigami
Fort: Bad
Ref: Bad
Will: Good

You keep coming up with... creative outfits. Do I want to know why your character doesn't wear a fuhakusho (sp?)
« Last Edit: August 23, 2008, 10:02:16 AM by Prime32 »
My work

skydragonknight

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2008, 08:56:34 PM »
Hmm...I'd like to play something with kido, probably an all-style shinigami but maybe a kido shinigami.
Unfortunatelym swordsage maneuvers won't cover what I have in mind since I'm looking for some binding(bakudo?) techniques...the GitP "Expert" shinigami is about the closest thing I'm seeing to a shinigami with multiple skills but no true mastery of kido or combat ability.

DetectiveJabsco

• Bi-Curious George
  • Here's To Life
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2008, 10:51:33 PM »
Your right that pic is not interesting enough. Also, There will be story for why I don't look normal. Kinda Urahara(sp) like.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 11:05:12 PM by DetectiveJabsco »

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2008, 09:56:36 AM »
Hmm...I'd like to play something with kido, probably an all-style shinigami but maybe a kido shinigami.
Unfortunatelym swordsage maneuvers won't cover what I have in mind since I'm looking for some binding(bakudo?) techniques...the GitP "Expert" shinigami is about the closest thing I'm seeing to a shinigami with multiple skills but no true mastery of kido or combat ability.
Swordsage manouvers are for hand-to-hand. The kidou class is here.
My work

skydragonknight

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2008, 07:49:12 PM »
So there's not going to be a class that uses kido besides the full-kido user? That doesn't match the show very well.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2008, 08:08:03 PM »
Those characters are multiclass, maybe with levels in a hybrid PrC.
My work

skydragonknight

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2008, 10:02:08 PM »
Those characters are multiclass, maybe with levels in a hybrid PrC.

Ah, okay.

Edit: Are all shinigami classes going to use the same Zanpakatou progression for Shikai and Bankai? And then multiclass Shinigami progressions would stack for Zanpakatou? Otherwise multiclassing looks like you're seriously shooting yourself in the foot either way you go...
« Last Edit: August 23, 2008, 10:06:31 PM by skydragonknight »

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2008, 10:46:05 AM »
Zanjutsu shingami is all about the zanpakuto. There are characters like Yoruichi who do not appear to have unlocked any of their zanpakutos' abilities (she does have one).

I was going to go with "add half your combined hakuda and kido levels to your zanjutsu levels to determine your zanpakuto's abilities" as well as the fix brought up in "Balancing 3.5" that makes your caster level for all classes equal to your character level. Maybe a "Practiced Zanpakuto" feat too...
My work

thrasher2005

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2009, 07:47:51 PM »
Just curious if this game would be open to being run this summer.

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
  • Watching the World Burn in Magnificence
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2009, 11:55:40 PM »
Necrotastic! But yeah, same here! Funny how I'm playing a shinigami in your other game, Prime...

Thine Doom Be Had

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: December 10, 2009, 11:39:33 PM »
Hey Prime, I have the Reiatsu Rules up as well as some variant rules for the system.
4e is a fine game.  It is not, however, the same type of game as 3.5.  For those of us who really liked the type of game 3.5 was, 4e just doesn't cut the mustard.  Yes, I tried playing it.  I was bored.  So was the rest of my gaming group.  I know there are people who love it... good for them.  But in the end, calling 4e a sequel of 3.5 is like calling checkers a sequel of chess.

JaronK

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #36 on: December 17, 2009, 03:37:19 PM »
So how late am I for the party, or has it even started yet?

I have a character concept that's pretty much perfect for this. >=3
Gendou Ikari is basically Gregory House in Kaminashades. This is FACT.

For proof, look here:

http://www.layoutjelly.com/image_27/gendo_ikari/

[SPOILER]
Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7
My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Katana of Enlightenment.
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

I HAVE BROKEN THE 69 INTERNETS BARRIER!

skydragonknight

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #37 on: December 17, 2009, 03:38:38 PM »
You're so late for the party that you came for last year's party and still missed this year's party.