Author Topic: Altea: Introduction  (Read 24475 times)

ymir

Re: Altea: Introduction
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2008, 04:52:43 PM »
[spoiler]http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1706848/
12+1 -> 13[/spoiler]

Carric stands as well, dagger drawn, eying the door warily for any sings of what pulled the guard away.

Dan2

• Hong Kong
  • Wizicist
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2008, 06:24:41 PM »
[spoiler]The battle map is attached.  Each person is the color of their voice, for now, JM is purple.
The kobolds had a 15 init, so they'll go first, followed by Darius, Carric, Doriavan, Telchar, and Skarrandar.
When you perform your turn, download the map, draw a little line for movement in your color (showing which squares you move through), place a marker in the square you stop in, and circle any enemies you attack.
Attach the altered map to your post.

I'll also post an example map.[/spoiler]

As you hastily head to the entrance of the bar, you hear a ruckus from down the street.
In that direction, you can see three kobolds turning over an outdoor shop digging through the debris they are creating.

On the other side of you, you can see the guard from before, lying on the ground; blood running from a gash in his side that makes you wince.
The kobold responsible for the guard's gash whirls around to face you, bloody spear in hand, when he hears the door to the bar reopen.

He cries out, and the other three kobolds cease their ruination and also turn to face you.

Two kobolds from that direction leap at Darius.  One of them manages to catch him off-guard and a wicked spear thrust slices into Darius's leg. [spoiler]You take 7 damage.[/spoiler]

One of the kobolds tries to shrink away into the shadows, using the wall as cover.  All of you can still see him.

On the other front, the kobold dashes over to Skarrandar and tries to relieve him of some blood, but Skarr's armor easily renders the attack ineffective.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 06:26:25 PM by Dan2 »

Darius Stronghand

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
  • Professor Oak can effin' Die
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2008, 07:48:24 PM »
"Telchar!  I need a hand over here!"

Darius strikes at the kobold, muttering a fast prayer as he does so.
[spoiler]http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1706992/
(19 attack, 4 damage, I think???)
Priest's Shield: +1 power bonus to my and Telchar's AC if that hits.
I swung at the kobold left of me one square.  No change to the map.[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 08:00:37 PM by Darius Stronghand »
As far as clerics go... he's gonna be the very best, like no one ever was

ymir

« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2008, 09:01:50 PM »
Hitting someone while they're down doesn't prove anything other than you're a brute.

Carric deftly positions himself between the kobold with the spear and the fallen guard, he strikes with a flourish.

[spoiler]I attached the updated map image for movement.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1707105/

18 to hit (20 with combat advantage factored in) vs AC, 8 dmg from Sly Flourish and an additional 6 from sneak attack for a total of 14 damage.
[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 09:23:13 PM by ymir »

atrocity05

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2008, 09:22:17 PM »
Doriavan quickly rushes out to stand by the people defending the town.  He raises his staff and thrusts it down in a powerful gesture.

[spoiler]
Thunderwave for the one in front of me and below him.
2d20's and dmg for int vs fort
I want whichever is hit to be moved straight away from me.(yes that means at an angle for the one.)[/spoiler]

Dan2

• Hong Kong
  • Wizicist
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2008, 09:40:13 PM »
[spoiler]
(19 attack, 4 damage, I think???)
In the roller, you have to use a semicolon, not a comma.
Yes, it was a 19 and a 4.
19 hits (as does Hari's 20)[/spoiler]

Darius strikes the kobold square in the chest, but the kobold doesn't look phased at all.

As Carric slides around another kobold, toward the guard, the kobold seizes the moment, and lashes out at the rogue.
He catches Carric in the chest, not puncturing the armor, but driving him into the wall behind him.
[spoiler]Carric takes 1 damage.[/spoiler]
Skarrandar lunges for the opening left by the kobold, quickly forcing it into a defensive stance, and also distracting it.
Carric's blade draws a fine line on the kobold's neck, freeing some of the creature's blood.
[spoiler]The kobold on the far right is bloodied.[/spoiler]

Doriavan slips past Telchar to confront the kobolds, face to face.
He mutters a quick incantation, and with a powerful staff stroke, thunder blasts from the end of his staff.
One kobold is knocked away, but the other remains rooted where it is.
[spoiler]You hit one of them.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Interesting discovery!
You can save yourself some time by clicking the "BBCode" line on the invisible castle result page.  It is already formatted to displat the comment and the result roll.[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 09:53:45 PM by Dan2 »

Huggles

« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2008, 10:59:43 PM »
Telchar steps out five feet and swings his warhammer in a broad, reaping motion. "Be right with you Darius!"
[spoiler]The roller seems to be down, so I'll just have Dan roll for me. I'll use reaping strike. It's a +6 for attack, 1d10+3 dmg on a hit and 1 dmg on a miss.[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 11:06:39 PM by Huggles »

Dan2

• Hong Kong
  • Wizicist
« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2008, 11:11:23 PM »
[spoiler]Telchar rolled a 19...

for 25 to hit, which will hit for 10 damage.[/spoiler]

Telchar steps over to the side of Skarrandar and swing his weapon up, out of the dirt and blood in an arc aimed at the kobold.
It tears apart the pitiful defense of the kobold, nearly crippling the poor creature.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 11:46:41 PM by Dan2 »

linktheoriginal

« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2008, 12:08:38 AM »
Skarrandar shouts an insult to the kobold next to Darius, insinuating in Draconic that he was the runt of the litter.

Channeling the power of Bahamut, Skarrandar presses the advantage against the poor kobold next to him, swinging in a downward arc.

[spoiler]Challenge, Channel Divinity- Strength, Bolstering Strike against nearby kobold.  +1 dmg for CD, +1 atk for dragonborn fury if he's bloodied.  Base atk is +6, (+2 for CA?), base damage is 1d8 +3 (Cha vs AC)  Dan can roll for me.

I think Challenge is minor, CD is minor, and attack is standard.  If I'm wrong, tell me.[/spoiler]

Dan2

• Hong Kong
  • Wizicist
« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2008, 12:34:51 AM »
[spoiler]I see your scheme...  You're going to make me waste my good rolls on you guys aren't ya.
I rolled another 19.  I could add it up, but we know you hit.
... I also just rolled an 8 on a d8.
That comes to... 12 damage I believe 3 from Cha, 1 from Str.

Also, you got it right, JM.
[/spoiler]

Skarrandar's sword bites into the kobolds shoulder, but doesn't stop until it reaches the chest.
Those nearby can hear crunching as the collarbones and ribcage are crushed, and an agonized scream that slowly dies to a gurgle.

Their ally slain, the kobolds on the other front redouble their attack.

The creature in front of Darius shifts into the alley, stabs blindly around the corner, missing Darius.
As he does, you can see a brief flash of light and a strangled cry as the kobold is bathed in a golden, apparently painful, glow.
[spoiler]6 damage for defying a Divine Challenge[/spoiler]

The kobold then carefully recedes a bit further into the darkness.
[spoiler]He shifted twice.[/spoiler]

The kobold that Doriavan so solidly sent flying comes scampering back and takes a stab at him, but only manages to nick his leather armor.
He also shifts back, trying to avoid any sort of counterattack.

However, as Doriavan attempts to find an opening to punish the kobold's attack, the kobold from the south whirls around the corner and catches Doriavan on the end of his primitive spear.  It isn't a telling blow, but it's enough to wound the wizard.
[spoiler]The attack is 17 vs your AC.  If you don't use the staff, you take 8 damage.

Staff was used (for record keeping)[/spoiler]

After the attack, the kobold falls back into darkness.  Some of you can no longer see it.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 03:30:00 PM by Dan2 »

Darius Stronghand

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
  • Professor Oak can effin' Die
    • Email
« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2008, 01:29:36 AM »
"Let's go, Telchar!  Come on!"
"Skaar, Carric, watch the runners!
Magician, watch yourself!"

Darius dashes after the kobold, praying to Kord for endurance on the way as he brings his mace down in a Righteous attack.

[spoiler]Attack Kobold with Righteous Brand: +4 vs AC, d8+3 Damage.  If hits, Telchar gains a +2 power bonus to attacks on the victim until end of my next turn.
Also, after attacking, use Healing Word on myself.  (d6+7 Recovered)[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 01:35:25 AM by Darius Stronghand »
As far as clerics go... he's gonna be the very best, like no one ever was

Dan2

• Hong Kong
  • Wizicist
« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2008, 01:46:34 AM »
As Darius dashes around the kobold, the now-frightened looking creature stabs a couple of times but misses him horribly.
[spoiler]Only one (missed) opportunity attack, no heart attacks, please. ;) [/spoiler]

Darius crashes his mace into the kobold's back, dealing a blow that literally spins the poor creature around.
Then, you see Darius cry out to Kord for strength and rejuvenation.
[spoiler]You hit with an 18, and deal 11 damage.
You also heal 12 damage.[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 01:48:45 AM by Dan2 »

ymir

« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2008, 11:32:36 AM »
Nodding to Darius, Carric rushes toward one of the fleeing Kobold, darting into the shadowy alley-way.

[spoiler]
Question:  Positioning Strike allows me to move the target {CHA-mod} squares, I can't move him to "behind" me, can I? If so, I'll use that instead of Sly Flourish.

Attacking northern Kobold with Sly Flourish again. +7 vs AC to hit, 1d4+5 damage.

or (based on answer to above question)

Attacking northern Kobold with Positioning Strike. +7 vs Will to hit, 1d4+3 damage, target moves to the square I passed through to get to mine (as shown in map1.jpg, attached to my next post... stupid size limits.).
[/spoiler]

ymir

« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2008, 11:34:08 AM »
(This post only applies if Positioning was used, not Sly.)

[spoiler]
With a series of false movements, Carric forces the Kobold to move to where he once was, cutting off his means of escape.
[/spoiler]

Dan2

• Hong Kong
  • Wizicist
« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2008, 03:37:00 PM »
[spoiler]You may use Positioning Strike in that manner.

Unfortunately, you only roll a 3 on the die for a total of 10, not enough to hit.[/spoiler]

Carric hurries over to the kobold withdrawing into the secluded alleyway.
The rogue strikes out several times, trying to confuse the kobold, but it proves to be canny, and manages to avoid being manipulated.

atrocity05

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2008, 10:58:04 PM »
Doriavan takes a couple steps around behind Carric and puts his back to him.  He turns around and unleashes another blast of arcane power.

[spoiler]
Spoilers, I'm casting Thunderwave against (hehe).  Attacking due south of me, away from Carric.  So I should be able to try and hit two kobolds.

It's the same mods as last time, Int (+4) against Fort.  Dmg is 1d6+4
If hit, move them directly south.[/spoiler]

Dan2

• Hong Kong
  • Wizicist
« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2008, 12:09:24 AM »
[spoiler]You hit the southernmost one for 10 damage and two squares of slide.[/spoiler]

Doriavan once more levels his staff at the kobolds at it emits another forceful peal of thunder.
The kobold near Darius manages to keep from flying into the powerful cleric, but the kobold in the southern alley quickly finds himself in the pass behind the buildings.

You notice that the kobold that Darius hit has a growing bloodstain working its way through the leather armor the creature wears.

[spoiler]I (think) the creature is bloodied.  IC is down, so I can't check.
I forgot to mention it in the description of the attack.[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: August 23, 2008, 12:23:14 AM by Dan2 »

Huggles

« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2008, 12:37:21 AM »
Telchar charges up to the kobold that Darius recently hit and unleashes a furious barrage of swings from his warhammer.
"Darius! Don't let that bastard to the south escape!"
[spoiler]I use Covering Attack on the kobold next to Darius. With combat advantage and from Darius' previous ability, I should have a +10 to hit and the attack does 2d10+3 damage. Also, if it hits, Darius can shift 2 squares. And now I'm going to use an action point. If this attack somehow doesn't drop the kobold, I'm going to reaping strike him again (+10, 10d3). If, like I think it should unless I miss, does hit, I want to use my minor action to pull out a javelin and the extra action to throw it at the southernmost kobold (+6, 1d6+3). And I will mark which ever one I end up hitting last.[/spoiler]
As the kobold gets knocked around from the first blow, Telchar quickly rears his hammer and swings again. "Oh no you don't, youre not getting away so easily."
« Last Edit: August 23, 2008, 12:46:19 AM by Huggles »

Dan2

• Hong Kong
  • Wizicist
« Reply #38 on: August 23, 2008, 12:48:45 AM »
[spoiler]Telchar hits the Covering Strike, but doesn't drop the kobold.  His Reaping Attack misses, but he still deals some extra damage
9 damage in total.[/spoiler]

Telchar runs over to where Darius is trying to reign in the kobold and slices at its back, sending droplets of blood, and ribbons of cloth flying.
As he does this, Darius notices that the kobold is pretty much completely occupied with Telchar's furious attack, leaving him room to move without fear of reprisal.
[spoiler]You can shift 2, Darius.[/spoiler]

When Telchar sees the monster still standing, he belts the thing in the head, but it stubbornly refuses to go down.

[spoiler]I'd like to let you know that you cannot, in fact, shift across the corner, nor through the kobold's square.[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: August 23, 2008, 12:50:28 AM by Dan2 »

linktheoriginal

« Reply #39 on: August 23, 2008, 04:58:38 PM »
Skarrandar, seeing the alleyway full of his makeshift companions, moves to the guard, seeing if he is still alive.  Placing his hands on the guard, he channels the holy power of Bahamut, healing him.  Looking to the melee, Skarrandar sights the only kobold he can see and marks him instead of the one down the alley.

[spoiler]Dan, you can roll healing, just remember to add my Cha because of healing hands.  Challenge against the kobold near the middle.[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: August 23, 2008, 05:16:04 PM by linktheoriginal »