Author Topic: Altea: Introduction  (Read 24443 times)

atrocity05

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
    • Email
Re: Altea: Introduction
« Reply #120 on: September 12, 2008, 12:04:10 AM »
[spoiler]
For Perception (1d20+7=11)
I hate IC
[/spoiler]

Huggles

« Reply #121 on: September 12, 2008, 12:38:17 AM »
[spoiler]Perception = 19.[/spoiler]
Hnrrgh? What's goin' on?

ymir

« Reply #122 on: September 12, 2008, 12:51:05 AM »
[spoiler]1d20 6=17[/spoiler]

linktheoriginal

« Reply #123 on: September 12, 2008, 06:02:34 PM »

Dan2

• Hong Kong
  • Wizicist
« Reply #124 on: September 12, 2008, 07:12:26 PM »
Everyone quietly shuffles over to a nearby line of underbrush and tries to see what Lyam was so anxious about.

Carric, Darius, and Telchar notice some movement not far away.  As the moonlight clears a few of the trees, the three of you notice the glint of black skin against the felt-black of the forest backdrop.  As you strain to see more, white hair also comes into focus.
This is a dark elf; a drow.

Dan2

• Hong Kong
  • Wizicist
« Reply #125 on: September 15, 2008, 04:03:43 PM »
[spoiler]Another Recap!
Carric and Lyam snuck into the camp, under the cover of heavy rain.
Carric returned first, and told the party about Jaedrus's predicament.
Lyam returned second, with a kobold (Meepo) in tow.

Everyone went back to Almark, where Carric stole a spider symbol from Jaedrus's basement.
The party returned to the goblin camp, where Carric delivered the symbol to Jaedrus and Jaedrus was freed.

That night, on the return trip, Doriavan awoke to Jaedrus leaving the camp, then a bunch of goblins attacked.

The party returned home, empty-handed (but level 2), and told Tobias of the situation.
Tobias searched the basement with the party, and they found a passageway into a Cavern.

Tobias, concerned about security, locked the party in, but gave them a keyword ("jester" in elven) so that the guard could recognize them.
The party fought a group of undead, then adventured down an exciting corridor for 3 hours.

At the end of the corridor, the party found the beginnings of an underground complex where a reclusive gnome lived.
In this complex, you found an opening to an underground river, another group of undead, along with a few hundred dozen rats.

You should have ~1250XP, and you're currently in the room in which the most recent fight took place.

You've been able to notice that the undead that you've fought only "arose" when your group was near; for whatever reason.

The New and Improved Map

Grey areas haven't been explored, black indicates a wall, and white is open space.
If there's a line between a white space and a grey space, (or two white spaces, then there is a door there)[/spoiler]

ymir

« Reply #126 on: September 15, 2008, 05:31:20 PM »
[spoiler]Another Recap!
Carric and Lyam snuck into the camp, under the cover of heavy rain.
Carric returned first, and told the party about Jaedrus's predicament.
Lyam returned second, with a kobold (Meepo) in tow.

Everyone went back to Almark, where Carric stole a spider symbol from Jaedrus's basement.
The party returned to the goblin camp, where Carric delivered the symbol to Jaedrus and Jaedrus was freed.

That night, on the return trip, Doriavan awoke to Jaedrus leaving the camp, then a bunch of goblins attacked.

The party returned home, empty-handed (but level 2), and told Tobias of the situation.
Tobias searched the basement with the party, and they found a passageway into a Cavern.

Tobias, concerned about security, locked the party in, but gave them a keyword ("jester" in elven) so that the guard could recognize them.
The party fought a group of undead, then adventured down an exciting corridor for 3 hours.

At the end of the corridor, the party found the beginnings of an underground complex where a reclusive gnome lived.
In this complex, you found an opening to an underground river, another group of undead, along with a few hundred dozen rats.

You should have ~1250XP, and you're currently in the room in which the most recent fight took place.

You've been able to notice that the undead that you've fought only "arose" when your group was near; for whatever reason.

The New and Improved Map

Grey areas haven't been explored, black indicates a wall, and white is open space.
If there's a line between a white space and a grey space, (or two white spaces, then there is a door there)[/spoiler]

[spoiler]I'm guessing G is the gnome and R is the exit to the basement?[/spoiler]

Dan2

• Hong Kong
  • Wizicist
« Reply #127 on: September 15, 2008, 05:36:24 PM »
[spoiler]Yes[/spoiler]

The scritching sound of the claws of the mice fades as the mice evacuate the room.  In front of you lie two deanimated corpses.

From the smell of things, you're pretty sure that they've been dead for a while.  There are three more doors in this room and unlike the other doors you've come across, two of these look like they aren't rusted into their frames.

Huggles

« Reply #128 on: September 16, 2008, 06:48:21 AM »
"Well, I vote we go through this door," Telchar says as he points a gruff hand towards the door to the right of the one the group just burst through.

[spoiler]That'd be the door at J17, BTW. And you just sank my Battleship.[/spoiler]

Dan2

• Hong Kong
  • Wizicist
« Reply #129 on: September 16, 2008, 05:36:29 PM »
The door swings open easily, if a little creakily.  A short hallway is on the other side, followed by another door.

[spoiler]I'm assuming that the map will be set up correctly for how you will enter the hallway.

Make perception checks at the other door.[/spoiler]

ymir

« Reply #130 on: September 16, 2008, 07:17:54 PM »
[spoiler]Perception: 1d20 6=22
Sorry, that's still using +6, my lvl 1 perception mod. My lvl 2 perception mod is +7 (yay leveling!)

tl;dr -- that's a 23 not a 22
[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 07:20:43 PM by ymir »

Dan2

• Hong Kong
  • Wizicist
« Reply #131 on: September 16, 2008, 09:19:35 PM »
[spoiler]Map Repost, so you can check it[/spoiler]

Huggles

« Reply #132 on: September 16, 2008, 10:25:27 PM »
[spoiler]http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1734135/ 17[/spoiler]

Dan2

• Hong Kong
  • Wizicist
« Reply #133 on: September 16, 2008, 10:35:45 PM »
[spoiler]The two of you are up front, so...[/spoiler]

You both hear the soft padding of something trying to quietly move around on the other side of the door.

Huggles

« Reply #134 on: September 17, 2008, 03:20:29 AM »
"Oy, Carric, you hear that? Sounds like there's something in there. I say we go bustin' in and see what it is."

ymir

« Reply #135 on: September 17, 2008, 11:47:05 AM »
Carric nods and crouches into a stealthy position, getting ready for the breach, gesturing for the others behind to do the same.

Agreed. With our earlier reception, I think it'd be safe to assume that these are less than friendly, though the others weren't moving when we came across them...
« Last Edit: September 17, 2008, 09:41:52 PM by ymir »

Dan2

• Hong Kong
  • Wizicist
« Reply #136 on: September 18, 2008, 12:03:46 AM »
You notice the footsteps on the other side of the door become much louder and much more frequent, accompanied this time by shouts you can't understand.

Somewhere, on the other side of the door, an iron door swiftly creaks open then slams shut, closely followed by a bolt clicking into place.

Now there is another set of footsteps on the other side of the door, these are slow and heavy...

ymir

« Reply #137 on: September 18, 2008, 03:01:07 PM »
[spoiler]Shouts we can't understand because it's muffled/distorted? Or because it's in a different language?
Insight: 1d20 9=10 (... ... ...)

Is there any key-hole I can look through?
Perception: 1d20 7=17 (to find it and look through it if there is one, let me know if you want another roll for that)
[/spoiler]

(Whispering)I'm not sure whom or what that is, but there's something large and slow coming... Get ready, this could get very messy, very fast..

atrocity05

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
    • Email
« Reply #138 on: September 18, 2008, 04:47:17 PM »
"Right, I'll just stand over here and get ready to blast them."
Doriavan moves to the back and slightly to the side, settling with his staff in front of him.

[spoiler]
Ready an action to cast scorching bust if hostile enemies come through the door?
[/spoiler]

Dan2

• Hong Kong
  • Wizicist
« Reply #139 on: September 19, 2008, 03:02:48 AM »
[spoiler]Shouts we can't understand because it's muffled/distorted? Or because it's in a different language?
Insight: 1d20 9=10 (... ... ...)

Is there any key-hole I can look through?
Perception: 1d20 7=17 (to find it and look through it if there is one, let me know if you want another roll for that)
[/spoiler]

(Whispering)I'm not sure whom or what that is, but there's something large and slow coming... Get ready, this could get very messy, very fast..

[spoiler]You can't understand the language.  It was spoken rather loudly...
There is no keyhole you can look through, though you do notice a bolt you can use to lock the door.[/spoiler]