Author Topic: Please critique my Battle Bard  (Read 7409 times)

woodenbandman

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
Re: Please critique my Battle Bard
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2008, 06:56:09 PM »
You really want to pick up suggestion. It's a pretty cool ability. If you've got a good enough charisma modifier, you're looking at a DC 20 or more Will save (the weak suit of many things that rhyme with "wig stupid blighter") or they do what you've told them. That's with only 6 levels of bard, and you can do that 6 times per day. You also, I think, still get access to 9th level maneuvers.

In fact, that's pretty much the only thing I'd miss if I prestige classed out of bard. That and especially mass suggestion. It takes a while to get going, but once you get your perform modifier up it's basically free leadership.

Omen of Peace

• Hong Kong
  • Wise Madman
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2008, 08:15:57 PM »
The power of suggestion is very DM-dependant : yours apparently let you mind-control people, others won't. Also, the Suggestion save DC does not depend on Perform - it's the Fascinate one that does.
The Malazan Book of the Fallen, Steven Erikson

woodenbandman

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2008, 10:30:01 PM »
Well, the way I read suggestion is that the target wants to do what you tell it to do, and believes everything you say, no exceptions. So, say that you make a suggestion that one of the orcs in the ranks is out to kill them, they'd start killing the orcs. I know it wasn't based off of perform, that should have said Charisma Mod. But it is useful to have a high perform modifier for fascinate.