Author Topic: Secret of Immortality Discovered: Eat the Hearts of Children and live forever  (Read 10026 times)

bhu

• Organ Grinder
  • Convincing the rich whale fat enemas are healthy
Re: Secret of Immortality Discovered: Eat the Hearts of Children and live forever
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2008, 08:39:02 AM »
With all those people eating the hearts of children eventually you're going to run low or out of children to harvest. That's going to devestate the country's workforce with 20-30 years since you'll have fewer workers to fill all the jobs.

Ban abortion and convince the religious nuts its their duty to God to start spitting out the babies as hard and fast as possible.  Then force feed them fertility drugs until they have litters.  Sure they'll be flipper babies cause fo the side effects, but the'll still convey immortality.

In my defense it's 7 am and Im on serious pain medication. 

emissary666

• King Kong
    • Email
Re: Secret of Immortality Discovered: Eat the Hearts of Children and live forever
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2008, 11:52:40 AM »
Children factories. A place where slave women are used to produce immortality.
I make little kids cry
Steady As A Goat
Warning: You may have already been set on fire

Bread does not need a reason

Baragos

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2008, 03:28:13 AM »
I've seen this last suggestion here in my world... and for societies who don't mind being evil, it seems to work wonderfully, until an enterprising young adventurer who deosn't mind being seen as immensely confused/confusing stops by to slaughter the lot of the child eating bastards and releave them of several lifetimes of wealth accumulation each. Hell, I took what was stocked up and fed it to a few of these evil bastards just so I could keep them locked up and beat on them when no other targets presented themselves for my training.

*The Narrator Speaks*
Honestly I think this is about what would happen. A society would decide they'd rather be immortal and evil than dead and "innocent." A person, or persons, would decide this was a group no one would care about the annihilation of, and would wipe them out and make off with the vast amounts of wealth.

Nox_Noctis

• Hong Kong
  • A Simple Exchange
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2008, 12:21:41 AM »
A person, or persons, would decide this was a group no one would care about the annihilation of, and would wipe them out and make off with the vast amounts of wealth.
I would just like to point out that this can be considered a ridiculous statement given that it take a considerably large group of people to overthrow an entire civilization in the current global theater. It's not impossible, but if it was widespread enough that an entire "society" was doing this, it wouldn't be something that would simply be changed by some sort of "cleansing" without immense losses on behalf of the "rebels," especially when you consider the technological advancements that an immortal society would be able to achieve (longitudinal studies suddenly become far more effective to the point that many more psychological and medical disorders and illnesses are eradicated or "subdued," etc.). Such a society would also be less concerned with death (since it isn't a natural part of their life), so I doubt that war would be seen as as big of a deal to them (they would be willing to deploy more soldiers, fire more missiles, etc.) and their massive surplus of people would mean they could easily afford to have people die. Also, that massive amount of people means they would have much higher productivity as a society, be capable of developing new technologies (including military technologies) at an accelerated pace, and be able to produce massive amounts of those new technologies.

In short, trying to stop an established society of immortals is going to be a very bad idea (in terms of reciprocal losses, or simply chances of failure) in most cases.

Also, I stand by my earlier suggestion (operating under the hypothetical assumption that this would be a viable route to immortality): use stem cells to grow hearts.
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

AtomicKitKat

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
Am I the only one whose mind immediately went to that BoVD spell that involves stealing youth from well, youths?

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
Hell if I know.
Gendou Ikari is basically Gregory House in Kaminashades. This is FACT.

For proof, look here:

http://www.layoutjelly.com/image_27/gendo_ikari/

[SPOILER]
Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7
My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Katana of Enlightenment.
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

I HAVE BROKEN THE 69 INTERNETS BARRIER!

Shadeseraph

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
Am I the only one whose mind immediately went to that BoVD spell that involves stealing youth from well, youths?
I bow in front of your almighty nigromantic powers.
[spoiler]
I hate mouth breathing fuckwits who go around spouting lies, even after being corrected on those lies, and that bait mods into helping to defend their wrongness and fail. I also hate the MBFs that don't understand the meaning of words, and that can't get a fucking clue.
Hey! I like spouting lies. It's very entertaining to observe how people on the internet are buffing their small egos by declaring victories over some stupid MBFs. :smirk
Also - I hate people who use too smart words that I don't understand. :mad

Hi Welcome

Go fuck yourself, because others won't do it for you.

Stop flirting you two.  :p
[/spoiler]

Gods_Trick

• King Kong

Those that walk the dead forgotten threads often rouse things best left forgotten.

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder

Those that walk the dead forgotten threads often rouse things best left forgotten.

Like dead babies?
Gendou Ikari is basically Gregory House in Kaminashades. This is FACT.

For proof, look here:

http://www.layoutjelly.com/image_27/gendo_ikari/

[SPOILER]
Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7
My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Katana of Enlightenment.
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

I HAVE BROKEN THE 69 INTERNETS BARRIER!

AtomicKitKat

• Ring-Tailed Lemur

Like dead babies?

More like Atropals.

This sub-forum does have lower turnover than most though. :p

Shadeseraph

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email

In his house at TGiRMfMAO, dead threads wait dreaming
[spoiler]
I hate mouth breathing fuckwits who go around spouting lies, even after being corrected on those lies, and that bait mods into helping to defend their wrongness and fail. I also hate the MBFs that don't understand the meaning of words, and that can't get a fucking clue.
Hey! I like spouting lies. It's very entertaining to observe how people on the internet are buffing their small egos by declaring victories over some stupid MBFs. :smirk
Also - I hate people who use too smart words that I don't understand. :mad

Hi Welcome

Go fuck yourself, because others won't do it for you.

Stop flirting you two.  :p
[/spoiler]