Author Topic: 1,067,212 attacks in a single action  (Read 144151 times)

AfterCrescent

• Honorary Moderator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Here After
Re: 944,944 attacks in a single action
« Reply #200 on: July 30, 2008, 04:53:15 AM »
Option B. :D

PTWF interacts very oddly by its wording. Since it allows your offhand to take as many attacks as your mainhand. Your mainhand takes X and crescent knives doubles the number of attacks to 2*X. Now since your mainhand takes 2*X attacks, your offhand each takes 2*X attacks. Crescent knives again double this so each offhand gets 4*X attacks.
The cake is a lie.
Need to play table top? Get your game on at:
Brilliant Gameologists' PbP Forum. Do it, you know you want to.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook
The 13th Guard - An alternate history campaign idea.
Clerics just wake up one morning and decide they need to kick ass, and it needs to be kicked NOW. ~veekie

EjoThims

• Grape ape
  • The Ferret
    • Email
« Reply #201 on: July 30, 2008, 09:59:54 AM »
Option B. :D

PTWF interacts very oddly by its wording. Since it allows your offhand to take as many attacks as your mainhand. Your mainhand takes X and crescent knives doubles the number of attacks to 2*X. Now since your mainhand takes 2*X attacks, your offhand each takes 2*X attacks. Crescent knives again double this so each offhand gets 4*X attacks.

Verily.

And any other ideas to ramp this up? Remember, we've got 4 Open Feats (2 are Vile, but can shuffled as we need), without taking Pacts, either (as they still confuse me).

And 2 more (for 6 total) if we want to shuffle away Weapon Finesse and Mobility, since they're from Shou levels and entirely unneeded for the # of attacks (I just thought they'd be the best at those levels for the character).

And BAB is no longer a concern at all, remember.

Callix

• Donkey Kong
  • Not cool enough for a custom title.
« Reply #202 on: July 30, 2008, 10:45:54 AM »
Well, maneuvers and action advantage are beside the point (though I really don't see the problem with Dancing Mongoose as a buff), and you won't allow Aptitude abuse (There are about three weapons with "melee rapid shot" type abilities available as feats), so there aren't many avenues open to us.
I know gameology-fu.

EjoThims

• Grape ape
  • The Ferret
    • Email
« Reply #203 on: July 30, 2008, 11:01:00 AM »
Well, maneuvers and action advantage are beside the point (though I really don't see the problem with Dancing Mongoose as a buff), and you won't allow Aptitude abuse (There are about three weapons with "melee rapid shot" type abilities available as feats), so there aren't many avenues open to us.

You could still give the info for said weapons, as the higher we go, the more likely I am to cave-in to using such things if we're just barely short of the next goal.  ;)

Callix

• Donkey Kong
« Reply #204 on: July 30, 2008, 07:03:00 PM »
The Eagle Claw (Sandstorm) has an associated feat called Eagle's Fury that grants an extra attack at the cost of -2 to all attacks. Someone with Lost Empires of Faerun may want to check Someone-or-other's Triple Strike (name begins with S).

Is there room to hit +19 Use Psionic Device? If there is, a Dorje of Form of Doom will add four tentacles.

Also, I should declare that a lot of my tricks have been from looking up extra (natural) attacks in Surreal's thread index.
I know gameology-fu.

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
« Reply #205 on: July 30, 2008, 07:09:44 PM »
Any chance to fit in Rapidstrike or Improved Rapidstrike?

Not sure if you have those yet but those came to mind while working on my Beguiler (the race, not the class :P) Soul Eater :D

EDIT: Any chance of eating a Changeling (and a) Warshaper to grow a crapton of extra natural attacks?

« Last Edit: July 31, 2008, 04:57:31 PM by BowenSilverclaw »
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol

Nox_Noctis

• Hong Kong
  • A Simple Exchange
    • Email
« Reply #206 on: July 31, 2008, 04:55:14 PM »
Sakkratar's Triple Strike (Lost Empires of Faerun 33): http://www.imarvintpa.com/dndlive/spells.php?ID=6350

It won't stack with haste, if I recall correctly, but it's one more attack than haste anyway.
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

AfterCrescent

• Honorary Moderator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Here After
« Reply #207 on: July 31, 2008, 06:08:20 PM »
Replacing Haste makes the attacks 28, which makes the base number of attacks 112 (instead of 108). A 4 attack increase for the main hand.

This brings the number to... 991,984+448 (armor spikes and unarmed strike)+52 (gore and braid blade)...

992,484. Not quite one million, but 35,000 more attacks, which isn't bad. Good find, Nox.
The cake is a lie.
Need to play table top? Get your game on at:
Brilliant Gameologists' PbP Forum. Do it, you know you want to.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook
The 13th Guard - An alternate history campaign idea.
Clerics just wake up one morning and decide they need to kick ass, and it needs to be kicked NOW. ~veekie

Callix

• Donkey Kong
« Reply #208 on: July 31, 2008, 06:46:11 PM »
And Form of Doom? That's four offhands, for another 3584 attacks. 996068. Only 4000 to go!

Note: We can hit +19 UPD just by taking cross-class ranks.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2008, 06:50:41 PM by Callix »
I know gameology-fu.

EjoThims

• Grape ape
  • The Ferret
    • Email
« Reply #209 on: July 31, 2008, 11:51:32 PM »
And Form of Doom?

Only works in your original form and while your mind is in your own body, unless it's been updated since XPH.

Good catch on the better haste though, I'll update totals in the AM. ^.^

EjoThims

• Grape ape
  • The Ferret
    • Email
« Reply #210 on: August 26, 2008, 07:42:28 PM »
EDIT: Any chance of eating a Changeling (and a) Warshaper to grow a crapton of extra natural attacks?

That would require 4 more levels in IS, losing us two attacks fro totemist, a doubling from master thrower, and some other goodies...

And bumped for finally updating the OP, AC's number was spot on. :D

Callix

• Donkey Kong
Re: 992,484 attacks in a single action
« Reply #211 on: August 27, 2008, 06:29:20 AM »
Do we still have something against Aptitude cheese? If not, Aptitude Crescent Knives, EWP (Eagle's Claw) and Eagle's Fury (both from Sandstorm) will squeeze out one more mainhand base attack. 14 mainhand before any doublings means TC gives 28, STS gives 30, PT goes to 60, and Crescent Knives makes 120.

Each offhand now gives 120*8=480 attacks per knife-hand, or 1062720 offhand knives, another 480 non-knife offhands, and 52 natural/braids, for 1,063,372 attacks. If you'll allow a little Aptitude abuse, that is...
I know gameology-fu.

EjoThims

• Grape ape
  • The Ferret
    • Email
Re: 1,063,372 attacks in a single action
« Reply #212 on: September 07, 2008, 07:41:16 PM »
Aptitude added in, and only to push us over 1million, and I was going to add in Raging Mongoose too, but I realized that it's a swift action that adds attacks, so it's not part of the single action attack routine that the thing is optimized for.

CountArioch

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • I <3 termites
« Reply #213 on: October 07, 2008, 03:11:26 PM »
That's pretty cool.  I might make a scaled-down version of this as a villain next time.
She hasn't come to crush your bones, nor tear your flesh
She has come to steal your sanity with just one glance

Sacrapos - At First Glance, Eluveitie

EjoThims

• Grape ape
  • The Ferret
    • Email
« Reply #214 on: October 07, 2008, 03:26:09 PM »
That's pretty cool.  I might make a scaled-down version of this as a villain next time.

If you take just the Kobold herself (no leadership, no mind switch, no grafts) it scales down really well for a villain. If you take just the Kobold herself and drop off the PaO, shuffles, and PTWF it actually scales pretty well as a PC.  :D

Sunic_Flames

• Organ Grinder
  • The Crusader of Logic.
« Reply #215 on: October 07, 2008, 04:18:58 PM »
Well PTWF is not that bad. It's just all the other stuff building off of it that messes it up.
Smiting Imbeciles since 1985.

If you hear this music, run.

And don't forget:

There is no greater contribution than Hi Welcome.

Huge amounts of people are fuckwits. That doesn't mean that fuckwit is a valid lifestyle.

IP proofing and avoiding being CAPed OR - how to make characters relevant in the long term.

Friends don't let friends be Short Bus Hobos.

[spoiler]
Sunic may be more abrasive than sandpaper coated in chainsaws (not that its a bad thing, he really does know what he's talking about), but just posting in this thread without warning and telling him he's an asshole which, if you knew his past experiences on WotC and Paizo is flat-out uncalled for. Never mind the insults (which are clearly 4Chan-level childish). You say people like Sunic are the bane of the internet? Try looking at your own post and telling me you are better than him.

Here's a fun fact: You aren't. By a few leagues.
[/spoiler]

EjoThims

• Grape ape
  • The Ferret
    • Email
« Reply #216 on: October 07, 2008, 04:21:54 PM »
Well PTWF is not that bad. It's just all the other stuff building off of it that messes it up.

True, true. But even the base kobold build really goes apeshit with PTWF and it's affect on the doubling effects.

EjoThims

• Grape ape
  • The Ferret
    • Email
« Reply #218 on: October 28, 2008, 07:06:14 PM »
Update for a description of the final monstrosity.

[spoiler]Flying above you, over ten feet tall, the monstrosity, barely humanoid in shape, roars; its muscles swelling to almost comicly large proportions. It's form is covered by hard chitin of a deep blue color, with layers of flexible, crimson scales under the joints and cracks. Oozing pustules and unblinking, multi-faceted eyes cover the chitinous shell. It's shoulders and arms appear to be from some other creature entirely, stitched and riveted into place. Halfway down, the arms transform into tentacles, though they still end in clawed hands. Ten more tentacles and five more arms sprout from each of it's side, and from it's chest, eight pairs of tentacles squirm hungrily. Each tentacle ends in a wicked, clawed hand. Thirteen long, flexible necks sprout from it's shoulders, each supporting it's own head. It's mouths are toothy maws, each surrounded by four writhing tentacles, also ending in clawed hands, and a pair of mandibles. It's eyes are multi-faceted, like that of a giant fly, and a large crest of spines, accented by a pair of twitching antennae and a pair of massive horns, starts at each snout and travels to each spine. A tangled mass of scraggly hair adorns each head, with a small, twisted knife braided into the matt. From it's back spread a large pair of bright ruby wings, scaled and covered in spines. It's segmented torso is elongated, stretching out over fifteen feet, and coiled beneath it as it flies. A hundred pairs of small, insectile legs sprout from underneath it. Each leg splits into a mass of 10 twisted tentacles topped with a small, gnarled hand. The end of the torso sports a long, snakelike tail. It's armor is stitched and welded together from smaller suits, and is adorned with many spikes and blades. Each of it's hands carries two blades shaped like the crescent moon, and it's mouthes use it's wicked teeth to wield two more. Wrapped in the end of it's tail are two more. Each of the crescent shaped blades is also on fire.

When it attacks, it throws the knives in a kaleidoscopic whirlwind of motion. Each knife somehow finds it's way back to the creature to be thrown again and again, leaving an insane network of trailers from the flames that adorn them. Occasionally one of the knives bursts into fire when it finds it's mark, yet the flames still trail back to the creature, reforming the blade to be thrown again. At the same time, it's snakelike heads lash at, battering it's foe with it's necks, horns, and the blades twisted in it's hair. It's torso also swings around, dragging the spiked and bladed armor across it's enemies.[/spoiler]

Bauglir

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • TriOptimum
« Reply #219 on: October 29, 2008, 12:10:44 AM »
Each of the crescent shaped blades is also on fire.

Somehow, this line just makes me burst out laughing.
So you end up stuck in an endless loop, unable to act, forever.

In retrospect, much like Keanu Reeves.