Author Topic: Most hp at 1st level?  (Read 6213 times)

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
Most hp at 1st level?
« on: August 10, 2008, 07:28:28 PM »
What is the highest hp a character can have at 1st level?

I'm thinking...
Daelkyr half-blood fighter 1
10 hp
18 Con (+4)
Symbiont: Breed leech (+5 hp)
Feats: Dauntless (PGtF, +5hp), Symbiont MasteryB (+2 hp), Toughness x4 (+12hp)
Two flaws
Slow trait (+1 hp)

Total: 39hp
...but I'm sure it can go much higher.
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

AndyJames

• Organ Grinder
  • Meep?
Re: Most hp at 1st level?
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2008, 07:30:30 PM »
Is Half-Blood LA 0?

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2008, 07:32:26 PM »
My work
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

AndyJames

• Organ Grinder
  • Meep?
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2008, 07:33:49 PM »
LoL! I thought it was LA +2 or some crud like that. I'll need to look at Eberron more. Haven't actually played it since my current DM hates anything other than traditional Greyhawk.

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
  • Aistii valoa auttavasti
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2008, 07:38:05 PM »
Why Fighter? Is Symbiont master or Dauntless a Fighter feat?

Handy Links

AndyJames

• Organ Grinder
  • Meep?
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2008, 07:40:10 PM »
I am guessing Fighter feat for Toughness.

However, I would have gone PsyWar instead and gotten the same feat but also can get Vigour for 5 temp hp :P

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
  • Aistii valoa auttavasti
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2008, 07:47:25 PM »
Toughness isn't a Fighter feat.

Handy Links

AndyJames

• Organ Grinder
  • Meep?
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2008, 07:57:41 PM »
Then, your guess is as good as mine...

SorO_Lost

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • I'll kill you before you're born.
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2008, 09:13:48 PM »
Book sources? Eberron's main book only has one Daelkyr creature in it and the LA entry is -.

@Tshern, Daelkyr have Symbiont Mastery as one of their abilities.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2008, 09:16:23 PM by SorO_Lost »
Tiers explained in 8 sentences. With examples!
[spoiler]Tiers break down into who has spellcasting more than anything else due to spells being better than anything else in the game.
6: Skill based. Commoner, Expert, Samurai.
5: Mundane warrior. Barbarian, Fighter, Monk.
4: Partial casters. Adapt, Hexblade, Paladin, Ranger, Spelltheif.
3: Focused casters. Bard, Beguiler, Dread Necromancer, Martial Adapts, Warmage.
2: Full casters. Favored Soul, Psion, Sorcerer, Wu Jen.
1: Elitists. Artificer, Cleric, Druid, Wizard.
0: Gods. StP Erudite, Illthid Savant, Pun-Pun, Rocks fall & you die.
[/spoiler]

Rebel7284

• Grape ape
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2008, 09:24:28 PM »
Dragonwraught Kobolds can arguably take epic toughness for +30 hp at first level.
Negative level on a chicken would make it a wight the next day.  Chicken the other wight meat. -borg286

SorO_Lost

• Man in Gorilla Suit
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2008, 12:13:40 AM »
Dragonwraught Kobolds can arguably take epic toughness for +30 hp at first level.
If you have some way to even try to argue changing your type to dragon instantly means you can take epic feats you should post it along with your build.

Rashemen (human) Barbarian
18 con base, 2 Flaws, Dauntless (PGtF), Ettercap Berserker (UE), Toughness x2, the slow trait.
12 (HD) +5 (daunt) + 6 (tough) + 1 (slow) + 4 (con) = 28HP.
If you can own a Breed Leech with your 200ish gold: 33.
Raging: +6 con for 36HP.

3 short though, but its better than a fighter  :P

[spoiler]Tiers break down into who has spellcasting more than anything else due to spells being better than anything else in the game.
[/spoiler]

AfterCrescent

• Honorary Moderator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Here After
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2008, 12:38:28 AM »
If you have some way to even try to argue changing your type to dragon instantly means you can take epic feats you should post it along with your build.
It was actually a very common argument when RotD and Draconomicon came out. Draconomicon states that dragons of at least old age can take Epic feats, with or without class levels. Races of the Dragon makes dragonwrought kobolds dragons and gives them age categories, like dragons. Interpret as you will...
The cake is a lie.
Need to play table top? Get your game on at:
Brilliant Gameologists' PbP Forum. Do it, you know you want to.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook
The 13th Guard - An alternate history campaign idea.
Clerics just wake up one morning and decide they need to kick ass, and it needs to be kicked NOW. ~veekie

SorO_Lost

• Man in Gorilla Suit
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2008, 01:03:25 AM »
It was actually a very common argument when RotD and Draconomicon came out. Draconomicon states that dragons of at least old age can take Epic feats, with or without class levels. Races of the Dragon makes dragonwrought kobolds dragons and gives them age categories, like dragons. Interpret as you will...
You know, I never heard of that until now.

Edit - Found it, I hit RoD up first and thought to my self this is pretty sound. a 60 year old kobold is old.
But then I hit up the draco book and seen why you said interpret as you will... Its one of those ignore the first line and no X needed must mean no Y needed things.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2008, 01:09:18 AM by SorO_Lost »
[/spoiler]

skydragonknight

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2008, 01:59:39 AM »
Be a familiar of a high-level Wizard. 100 hit points easy. ;)
It always seems like the barrels around here have something in them.

bayar

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2008, 06:07:05 AM »
Elan's dont have alot of HP, but that Elan resilience and a shitload of PP makes you have pseudo-HP into the 70's. At level 1.

Eldariel

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2008, 12:33:49 PM »
So yea, a Venerable Dragonwrought Jungle Kobold with two flaws, otyugh hole and that one storm-whatever feat would get us 120 HP from Epic Toughness. Then we're Monk using Chaos Shuffle to trade out feats for an additional Epic Toughnesses. Then we have 18 Con, giving us 12 base HP, making for a total of 192 HP. That's enough to take a failed-save Disintegrate in the face and laugh.

EDIT: Actually, normal Kobold gets two feats so we could drop the Jungle-part, lose 1 point of Con (and thus 1 HP), and Chaos Shuffle the Pick-proficiencies into 2 more Epic Toughnesses for 251 HP. That's enough to take an Empowered Disintegrate in the face (averages 210 damage).
« Last Edit: August 11, 2008, 12:47:55 PM by Eldariel »

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2008, 03:48:18 PM »
I could have sworn Toughness was a fighter feat...

Book sources? Eberron's main book only has one Daelkyr creature in it and the LA entry is -.

@Tshern, Daelkyr have Symbiont Mastery as one of their abilities.

Daelkyr half-bloods are in Magic of Eberron. They get a personal symbiont, and Symbiont Mastery as a bonus feat (not the same thing as the daelkyr ability - it makes it easier to control symbionts, and gives +2hp per symbiont attached).
My work

SorO_Lost

• Man in Gorilla Suit
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2008, 07:03:49 PM »
Daelkyr half-bloods are in Magic of Eberron. They get a personal symbiont, and Symbiont Mastery as a bonus feat (not the same thing as the daelkyr ability - it makes it easier to control symbionts, and gives +2hp per symbiont attached).
Ahh, I see.

Then while you may have posted the build with the highest HP, Elans (and sorcerers using spell shield) can absorb more damage without having to heal :p
[/spoiler]

bayar

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2008, 07:38:58 PM »
So yea, a Venerable Dragonwrought Jungle Kobold with two flaws, otyugh hole and that one storm-whatever feat would get us 120 HP from Epic Toughness. Then we're Monk using Chaos Shuffle to trade out feats for an additional Epic Toughnesses. Then we have 18 Con, giving us 12 base HP, making for a total of 192 HP. That's enough to take a failed-save Disintegrate in the face and laugh.

EDIT: Actually, normal Kobold gets two feats so we could drop the Jungle-part, lose 1 point of Con (and thus 1 HP), and Chaos Shuffle the Pick-proficiencies into 2 more Epic Toughnesses for 251 HP. That's enough to take an Empowered Disintegrate in the face (averages 210 damage).

Good luck trying to convince the DM that you can take epic levels just because you are a great wyrm...

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2008, 07:41:19 PM »
The draconic ghost template, however, seems quite feasible... :smirk
My work