Author Topic: Ask a Simple Question, Get a simple answer  (Read 342908 times)

Rebel7284

• Grape ape
Re: Ask a Simple Question, Get a simple answer
« Reply #920 on: October 24, 2008, 01:59:20 PM »
Doesn't +1 spellcasting class advance EB?  In that case, Unseen Seer.
Negative level on a chicken would make it a wight the next day.  Chicken the other wight meat. -borg286

Omen of Peace

• Hong Kong
  • Wise Madman
« Reply #921 on: October 24, 2008, 02:09:50 PM »
A 359b But Unseen Seer requires you to be able to cast 2 divination spells. I don't know of any Rogue/Warlock PrC off-hand.

A 357b There's indeed Precise in the MIC (+1). There's a rod in CM that gives you Precise Shot for ranged attack spells.
The Malazan Book of the Fallen, Steven Erikson

Surreal

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #922 on: October 24, 2008, 02:16:17 PM »
A 356: Try my "lists of stuff". I have a section on reach.
---
"The late, sedate, and no to great." ~Surreal

Some Handy Links for CO Work (WotC 339 version) - a compilation of links for base/prestige class handbooks, tactics, spellcasting, character builds, D&D databases, etc.
Archived version of the above with working links

The Mango Index - a giant index for all things D&D and where to find them
The Mango List Reborn! - rehosted by KellKheraptis

Lists of Stuff - listing of class features etc and how to get them, etc. sort of like above but a little more specific and sorted by category
Polymorph, Wildshape and Shapechange, oh my! (comparison charts) - side-by-side comparison of all the various form altering abilities
Alternative Class Features
alternative ways to get class skills

Sunic_Flames

• Organ Grinder
  • The Crusader of Logic.
« Reply #923 on: October 24, 2008, 02:47:30 PM »
I looked at that property. It gives you the benefits of Precise Shot, but doesn't actually say it gives you Precise Shot. Therefore, using it for things that require you to have Precise Shot such as Splitting is a grey area, isn't it?
Smiting Imbeciles since 1985.

If you hear this music, run.

And don't forget:

There is no greater contribution than Hi Welcome.

Huge amounts of people are fuckwits. That doesn't mean that fuckwit is a valid lifestyle.

IP proofing and avoiding being CAPed OR - how to make characters relevant in the long term.

Friends don't let friends be Short Bus Hobos.

[spoiler]
Sunic may be more abrasive than sandpaper coated in chainsaws (not that its a bad thing, he really does know what he's talking about), but just posting in this thread without warning and telling him he's an asshole which, if you knew his past experiences on WotC and Paizo is flat-out uncalled for. Never mind the insults (which are clearly 4Chan-level childish). You say people like Sunic are the bane of the internet? Try looking at your own post and telling me you are better than him.

Here's a fun fact: You aren't. By a few leagues.
[/spoiler]

tusk

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
  • This is Petrucci!
    • Care to spare a click?  ;)
« Reply #924 on: October 24, 2008, 06:34:48 PM »
Q 360: Does Extra Turning grant extra turning to *each* class that grants turning? For example: Would Cleric X/Dread Necromancer Y with a extra turning can have 4 more turning and rebuke attempts, or just add 4 to the whole thing?

InnaBinder

• Grape ape
  • OnnaTable
    • Okay - - Your Turn: Monte Cook's Message Board
« Reply #925 on: October 24, 2008, 07:27:07 PM »
A360: The latter.  Four to your aggregate total Turn Attempts.
Winning an argument on the internet is like winning in the Special Olympics.  You won, but you're still retarded.

I made a Handbook!?

dman11235

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #926 on: October 25, 2008, 12:12:19 AM »
A360: Actually, it's any and all turning sources.  Including elemental and stuff turnings.

If you have the ability to turn or rebuke more than one kind of creature each of your turning or rebuking abilities gains four additional uses per day.
My sig's Handy Haversack: Need help?  Want to see what I've done?  Want to see what others have done well?  Check it out.

Bauglir

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • TriOptimum
« Reply #927 on: October 25, 2008, 12:40:11 AM »
Q361
Is there any way to convert one spell into another as it is cast? Failing that, is there a way for a spontaneous caster to link two spells, similar to Link Power?
So you end up stuck in an endless loop, unable to act, forever.

In retrospect, much like Keanu Reeves.

Omen of Peace

• Hong Kong
  • Wise Madman
« Reply #928 on: October 25, 2008, 12:57:01 AM »
A 361 Not sure what you mean with your first question. For the second, the Arcane Fusion (CM) or Spell Matrix (SC) lines are the closest I can think of.

Bauglir

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • TriOptimum
« Reply #929 on: October 25, 2008, 01:00:57 AM »
Oh, I've got some half-baked idea for getting a Warlock Nosomatic Chirurgeon to go through Rainbow Servant, but I'm trying to think of some way to get the Warlock to be able to USE the Cleric spells they suddenly know all of. Which, unfortunately, means Arcane Fusion and Spell Matrix don't work.
So you end up stuck in an endless loop, unable to act, forever.

In retrospect, much like Keanu Reeves.

Chemus

• Donkey Kong
« Reply #930 on: October 25, 2008, 06:24:01 AM »
I see potential for argument that these spells known are invocations known (unlike extra domains for non-clerics; the spells count as known. A Sorcerer/Rainbow Servant would have a humongous repertoire of cleric spells to choose from at each casting) They are not invocations though, so maybe not. (This may not be the place for discussing this though...)
*waves hand* This is not the sig you're looking for...
The freely downloadable and searchable 3.5 SRD I prefer (Web)
Camlen, Enniwey

woodenbandman

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #931 on: October 25, 2008, 11:33:06 AM »
Q362: Does the Factotum class feature Arcane Dilettante mean that you can prepare spells in addition to spending an inspiration point to gain a spell as an SLA as a standard action, or must you spend to inspiration points at the time you prepare the spells, or do you prepare the spells, and it costs an inspiration point to use them at the time of casting?

Omen of Peace

• Hong Kong
  • Wise Madman
« Reply #932 on: October 25, 2008, 01:44:13 PM »
A 362 Answer (c) : you prepare the SLAs in the morning and cast them (once per day each) for the price of 1 IP.

Soda

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #933 on: October 25, 2008, 02:02:00 PM »
Q363: I'm still fuzzy on ToB maneuvers, and prerequisites and initiator level.

Thicket of Blades' prereq is: one devoted spirit maneuver. But it's also a level 3 crusader stance. So is there an additional prereq of "crusader initiator level 5"?

So, a Crusader 4 / Warblade 2 would qualify for thicket of blades, but would a Warblade 4 / Crusader 2 be able to take it? Could he take martial stance for it?

Omen of Peace

• Hong Kong
  • Wise Madman
« Reply #934 on: October 25, 2008, 02:06:18 PM »
A 363
Thicket of Blades' prereq is: one devoted spirit maneuver. But it's also a level 3 crusader stance. So is there an additional prereq of "crusader initiator level 5"?
Yes.

So, a Crusader 4 / Warblade 2 would qualify for thicket of blades, but would a Warblade 4 / Crusader 2 be able to take it? Could he take martial stance for it?
He couldn't take it as his Crusader 2nd level stance. I don't remember the wording of Martial Stance so I can't help you there.

dman11235

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #935 on: October 25, 2008, 09:01:19 PM »
Q364: Is there a rule somewhere about knowing if a target can see you or not?  As in, you're hiding, and you can see an enemy a distance away from you, and he sees you.  Would you know this?  Or was this just a common sense ruling?
My sig's Handy Haversack: Need help?  Want to see what I've done?  Want to see what others have done well?  Check it out.

InnaBinder

• Grape ape
  • OnnaTable
    • Okay - - Your Turn: Monte Cook's Message Board
« Reply #936 on: October 25, 2008, 09:05:17 PM »
A364: I've always seen that as a function of Sense Motive, lumped under the 'Hunch' section.  I haven't seen that explicitly stated anywhere though.
Winning an argument on the internet is like winning in the Special Olympics.  You won, but you're still retarded.

I made a Handbook!?

Akalsaris

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #937 on: October 26, 2008, 12:58:14 AM »
A363: You don't need levels in crusader to take Thicket of Blades.  You could be an insane fighter who took Martial Study (a devoted spirit maneuver), Martial Stance (Iron Guard's Glare, since you need a 1st level stance before you can take a 3rd level one), and then Martial Stance (Thicket of Blades) at 10th level (IL 5 in all martial adept classes for a non-"martial" class like a fighter). 

In your example, the Warblade 4/Crusader 2 couldn't take it, because he'd have an IL of 4 as a crusader (and an IL of 5 as a warblade) when he got his 2nd stance as a crusader.  But a warblade 6/crusader 2 (IL 5 crusader, IL 7 warblade) could take Thicket of Blades, and actually would get it at the same level as a straight crusader would. 

PlzBreakMyCampaign

• Hong Kong
  • Immune to Critical Hits as a Fairness Elemental
« Reply #938 on: October 26, 2008, 03:48:56 AM »
Q365: Is there any thread you can point me to, anywhere really, to optimize Natural attack base damage besides Warshaper 1 and improved natural attack or size increases? I do not want higher monk 'unarmed' damage as this does nothing for a claw,gore,tentacle,slam, etc attack. It may be strange but it will really help. I already looked through the surreal dex and a bunch of monk unarmed damage whoring threads but they didn't help.
[Spoiler]
An interesting read, nice to see a civil discussion
The point of Spell Resistance is to make it harder to get buffed.
And healed. Don't forget that.
Huge amounts of people are fuckwits. That doesn't mean that fuckwit is a valid lifestyle.
[/Spoiler]

Old Geezer's Law of Hobby Taste: The more objectively inconsequential a hobby is, the more disagreements within the community will be expressed in outrageously insulting, overblown, and ludicrously emotionally laden terms.

More Funny than Humble[Spoiler]
Quote from: PlzBreakMyCampaign
Your a shifter... you have all you ever need.
It blows MoMF out of the water

But if your greedy for more [Wish] for something that only effects you, like another class level or two that doesn't count against your ECL.
Quote from: hungryhungryhippo987
Yes, I'm the 3.0 "Masters of the Wild" shifter, the awesome kind. My favorite form to take is Force Dragon. Yes, I am immortal ... My character is hands down the coolest guy in the campaign and there is nothing I could possibly want.
PBMC gets a cookie for DotA r

Hallack

• Hong Kong
« Reply #939 on: October 26, 2008, 01:45:38 PM »
Q366  Does the Deflect Arrows Feat automatically deflect if the projectile is noticed?  I did not notice a save or other check for success in the feat.
Placeholder - T'tosc