Author Topic: Ask a Simple Question, Get a simple answer  (Read 343367 times)

Sunic_Flames

• Organ Grinder
  • The Crusader of Logic.
Re: Ask a Simple Question, Get a simple answer
« Reply #1880 on: February 05, 2009, 04:23:56 PM »
Smiting Imbeciles since 1985.

If you hear this music, run.

And don't forget:

There is no greater contribution than Hi Welcome.

Huge amounts of people are fuckwits. That doesn't mean that fuckwit is a valid lifestyle.

IP proofing and avoiding being CAPed OR - how to make characters relevant in the long term.

Friends don't let friends be Short Bus Hobos.

[spoiler]
Sunic may be more abrasive than sandpaper coated in chainsaws (not that its a bad thing, he really does know what he's talking about), but just posting in this thread without warning and telling him he's an asshole which, if you knew his past experiences on WotC and Paizo is flat-out uncalled for. Never mind the insults (which are clearly 4Chan-level childish). You say people like Sunic are the bane of the internet? Try looking at your own post and telling me you are better than him.

Here's a fun fact: You aren't. By a few leagues.
[/spoiler]

Negative Zero

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #1881 on: February 05, 2009, 05:05:57 PM »
Nevermind.

Takanaki

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #1882 on: February 05, 2009, 05:09:42 PM »
When you reincarnate don't you come back as a child?

Chemus

• Donkey Kong
« Reply #1883 on: February 05, 2009, 05:13:41 PM »
No, you come back as an adult of that race. Since you're no longer venerable, and no longer a kobold, you'd neither have the mental bumps, nor access to the Dragonwrought feat, since you'd have lost the prerequisite for the feat. It's like losing the Combat Expertise feat disqualifies you for Improved Feint. Similar to gaining a feat from an item and then losing the item.
*waves hand* This is not the sig you're looking for...
The freely downloadable and searchable 3.5 SRD I prefer (Web)
Camlen, Enniwey

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #1884 on: February 05, 2009, 05:17:54 PM »
No, you come back as an adult of that race. Since you're no longer venerable, and no longer a kobold, you'd neither have the mental bumps, nor access to the Dragonwrought feat, since you'd have lost the prerequisite for the feat. It's like losing the Combat Expertise feat disqualifies you for Improved Feint. Similar to gaining a feat from an item and then losing the item.

It specifically states you keep your feats in the spell description.

Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

Surreal

• Hong Kong
    • Email
---
"The late, sedate, and no to great." ~Surreal

Some Handy Links for CO Work (WotC 339 version) - a compilation of links for base/prestige class handbooks, tactics, spellcasting, character builds, D&D databases, etc.
Archived version of the above with working links

The Mango Index - a giant index for all things D&D and where to find them
The Mango List Reborn! - rehosted by KellKheraptis

Lists of Stuff - listing of class features etc and how to get them, etc. sort of like above but a little more specific and sorted by category
Polymorph, Wildshape and Shapechange, oh my! (comparison charts) - side-by-side comparison of all the various form altering abilities
Alternative Class Features
alternative ways to get class skills

Sunic_Flames

• Organ Grinder
  • The Crusader of Logic.
« Reply #1886 on: February 05, 2009, 05:57:33 PM »
Lol. Well as it turns out, it was just some made up item that did not actually exist anywhere. Silly Monktards. The Gnome twist cloth thing works just as well for Inertial Armor users and the like, but no speaking in Inertial Armor + special properties + Magic Vestment + Monk's Belt for you. :P

And don't forget:

Huge amounts of people are fuckwits. That doesn't mean that fuckwit is a valid lifestyle.

IP proofing and avoiding being CAPed OR - how to make characters relevant in the long term.

[spoiler]
Sunic may be more abrasive than sandpaper coated in chainsaws (not that its a bad thing, he really does know what he's talking about), but just posting in this thread without warning and telling him he's an asshole which, if you knew his past experiences on WotC and Paizo is flat-out uncalled for. Never mind the insults (which are clearly 4Chan-level childish). You say people like Sunic are the bane of the internet? Try looking at your own post and telling me you are better than him.

[/spoiler]

Negative Zero

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #1887 on: February 05, 2009, 05:57:42 PM »
Q657: Where is Silversilk found?

Bump.
I am no help whatsoever

You can also find it here, but it'll be tough getting it into the game.

In all reality, I've exhausted my resources. I can't find an item called silversilk in 3.0 or 3.5.

Edit: Well, I guess that explains that.

Takanaki

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #1888 on: February 05, 2009, 06:17:29 PM »
Q661 Character flaws come from where o-o?

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #1889 on: February 05, 2009, 06:24:35 PM »
Q661 Character flaws come from where o-o?
A 661

Unearthed Arcana, or here.
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

Takanaki

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #1890 on: February 05, 2009, 06:25:30 PM »
Thanks a lot = )

Takanaki

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #1891 on: February 05, 2009, 06:56:07 PM »
Q662 Items like an Orange Ioun Stone or Ankh of Ascension can be used to increase caster level. Are there any items around that can help boost a spells DC, either reliably(constantly) or by expending charges per day? There's probably some kind of rod that does it, but maybe other useful items too. Help muchly appreciated thanks.

Cyrocloud

• Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #1892 on: February 05, 2009, 08:46:03 PM »
Q663:If a vampire, vampire lord, or ghost is "killed(staked or brought to 0 HP)" while holding or on black sand can they come back to life or do they just turn into black sand and thats the end of it?

Emy

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #1893 on: February 05, 2009, 09:12:48 PM »
Q663:If a vampire, vampire lord, or ghost is "killed(staked or brought to 0 HP)" while holding or on black sand can they come back to life or do they just turn into black sand and thats the end of it?

I'm pretty sure that's only for things killed by the black sand. (In the sense of the black sand killed the creature not the creature died in close proximity to the black sand.)

Since those things you just mentioned are all undead, the black sand would heal them rather than killing them.

Takanaki

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #1894 on: February 06, 2009, 04:35:09 AM »
Q 664 Feats, Dodge, Mobility, Endurance, Persistant Spell, Extend Spell. What PrC would offer full spell progression for an Archivist [Divine Caster] and give one of those feats, or a choice of any feat, the lower level the better.

Operation Shoestring

• King Kong
  • Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    • Email
« Reply #1895 on: February 06, 2009, 06:17:16 AM »
Q 664 Feats, Dodge, Mobility, Endurance, Persistant Spell, Extend Spell. What PrC would offer full spell progression for an Archivist [Divine Caster] and give one of those feats, or a choice of any feat, the lower level the better.

A 664 Contemplative can give you Extend through the Planning Domain.  No go until level 11 tho.  Sorry.

juton

• King Kong
  • Jack of all trades, master of nothing.
    • Email
« Reply #1896 on: February 06, 2009, 10:50:54 AM »
Thanks to everyone who answered my last question, it was kind of a wierd one out of context.

Q665

Is there a version of the spell Hardening (maybe called hardness) that has a duration of instaneous instead of permanent? I've checked Dieties and Demi Gods, Magic of Faerun and the Spell Compendium and their versions of Hardening are all permanent.

Hardening that is instaneous woukd be fun, you could give your spell component pouch hardness 100.

ksbsnowowl

• Grape ape
  • Wishing I was a raging Norseman
« Reply #1897 on: February 06, 2009, 11:08:58 AM »
Q665

Is there a version of the spell Hardening (maybe called hardness) that has a duration of instaneous instead of permanent? I've checked Dieties and Demi Gods, Magic of Faerun and the Spell Compendium and their versions of Hardening are all permanent.

Hardening that is instaneous woukd be fun, you could give your spell component pouch hardness 100.
A665: Isn't there a Psionic power that does something similar?  I'm pretty sure there was in 3.0 ... either way, it might be instantaneous.  It's at least worth a check.
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

KSB Snow Owl's Archer Build thread

Sunic_Flames

• Organ Grinder
  • The Crusader of Logic.
« Reply #1898 on: February 06, 2009, 11:30:56 AM »
Q665

A665: Isn't there a Psionic power that does something similar?  I'm pretty sure there was in 3.0 ... either way, it might be instantaneous.  It's at least worth a check.

Yes.

It's an expensive +5 though.

And don't forget:

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Silent Wayfarer

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
« Reply #1899 on: February 06, 2009, 11:38:55 AM »
Is there a base class or PrC that grants Weapon Specialization within 2 levels?