Author Topic: AoA swordmage/paladin/Champion of Order = ultimate 1 monster/encounter debuffer?  (Read 2674 times)

Adslahnit

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
  • Hurr
I just had a thought: earthsoul genasi Aegis of Assault swordmage with 16 Strength (18 for genasi), 10 Dexterity, 11 Constitution, 16 Intelligence (18 genasi), 8 Wisdom, and 13 Charisma. You take the Soldier of the Faith multiclass feat and enter the Champion of Order paragon path solely for the Certain Justice level 11 encounter attack power.

Every fight, you start off by marking the biggest and meanest monster (preferably a melee enemy to make the most of daze) with your Aegis of Assault and then whacking it with Certain Justice. If the attack misses (it shouldn't, really, given its additional +4 attack bonus), you engage that enemy normally. If the attack hits, you move away from the enemy since it can't take immediate or opportunity actions, and proceed to engage a different opponent with your 1/encounter Divine Challenge mark, leaving the original big bad enemy in the dust dazed and weakened. There isn't much of a way for it to shake off the mark, unless it somehow happens to have the Ignoble Escape level 6 rogue encounter utility, so it's going to stay dazed, weakened, and marked until the end of the encounter thanks to you.

If you're up against a solo, you might want to ask for Aid Another actions from the rest of the party just so that you can be absolutely sure that Certain Justice hits.

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
I just had a thought: earthsoul genasi Aegis of Assault swordmage with 16 Strength (18 for genasi), 10 Dexterity, 11 Constitution, 16 Intelligence (18 genasi), 8 Wisdom, and 13 Charisma. You take the Soldier of the Faith multiclass feat and enter the Champion of Order paragon path solely for the Certain Justice level 11 encounter attack power.

Every fight, you start off by marking the biggest and meanest monster (preferably a melee enemy to make the most of daze) with your Aegis of Assault and then whacking it with Certain Justice. If the attack misses (it shouldn't, really, given its additional +4 attack bonus), you engage that enemy normally. If the attack hits, you move away from the enemy since it can't take immediate or opportunity actions, and proceed to engage a different opponent with your 1/encounter Divine Challenge mark, leaving the original big bad enemy in the dust dazed and weakened. There isn't much of a way for it to shake off the mark, unless it somehow happens to have the Ignoble Escape level 6 rogue encounter utility, so it's going to stay dazed, weakened, and marked until the end of the encounter thanks to you.

If you're up against a solo, you might want to ask for Aid Another actions from the rest of the party just so that you can be absolutely sure that Certain Justice hits.

That's a darn lovely trick, Adslahnit. Hope Swordmage comes out in full sometime soon so we can see what more fun to add to this. As far as 4e is concerned, apparently this is as much lockdown as we're probably going to get.
Gendou Ikari is basically Gregory House in Kaminashades. This is FACT.

For proof, look here:

http://www.layoutjelly.com/image_27/gendo_ikari/

[SPOILER]
Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7
My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Katana of Enlightenment.
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

I HAVE BROKEN THE 69 INTERNETS BARRIER!

X-Codes

• Organ Grinder
That's pretty brutal.  That said, Swordmage marks are probably going to have some sort of self-terminating effect tied to them once the book finally comes out (It's not coming out next month, it's coming out the month AFTER).

McDungeon

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
Just a small nitpick, I'd raise con to 12, and lower cha to 12 unless you really want to use some paladin powers.  That way you get that extra surge throughout heroic tier, and when you hit paragon, simply take the multiclass feat.

AlienFromBeyond

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
Just a small nitpick, I'd raise con to 12, and lower cha to 12 unless you really want to use some paladin powers.  That way you get that extra surge throughout heroic tier, and when you hit paragon, simply take the multiclass feat.
Doesn't work, you get your Paragon Path before you get your feat. You have to take the multiclass feat before 11th level.

DemonLord57

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
Doesn't work, you get your Paragon Path before you get your feat. You have to take the multiclass feat before 11th level.
The order of when things happen when you level up is unclear.

AlienFromBeyond

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
The order of when things happen when you level up is unclear.
Page 27 seems damn clear on the subject.

DemonLord57

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
Page 27 seems damn clear on the subject.
Apparently I am blind.