Author Topic: Something is amiss here...  (Read 18938 times)

EjoThims

• Grape ape
  • The Ferret
    • Email
Re: Something is amiss here...
« Reply #40 on: May 18, 2008, 03:04:48 AM »
It is indeed truly home, now that I can say exactly what it is that is on my mind.  Oh wait, I did that @ WotC anyway.

Course many speculate that's why you haven't been seen around lately...  :smirk

tsuyoshikentsu

• Bi-Curious George
    • For My Mother: An Internet Serial
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: May 18, 2008, 04:55:36 AM »
It is indeed truly home, now that I can say exactly what it is that is on my mind.  Oh wait, I did that @ WotC anyway.

I did that too.  Btw, I found out why you weren't on the CO review.  I wasn't put on the second one for being too "acerbic."  Makes me guess you were too acerbic for the first.

So you were right; it was a bullshit reason after all. ;)

EDIT: Oh I am going to LOVE this forum's profanity filter.
Anyway, this cake is great!  It's so delicious and moist.

Stalk me on Twitter!  Validate my existence!  Maybe Even Get An Optimization Tip!

PhoenixInferno

• Hong Kong
« Reply #42 on: May 18, 2008, 06:29:35 AM »

I did that too.  Btw, I found out why you weren't on the CO review.  I wasn't put on the second one for being too "acerbic."  Makes me guess you were too acerbic for the first.
Maybe.

RobbyPants

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #43 on: May 21, 2008, 12:27:56 AM »
EDIT: Oh I am going to LOVE this forum's profanity filter.
No kidding.  I've been conditioned for the last two years to say ticked instead of pissed.

I also love when the filters block out benign things like "I **** the crossbow" and "Go **** yourself you ******* ****!"
My balancing 3.5 compendium
Elemental mage test game

Quotes
[spoiler]
Quote from: Cafiend
It is a shame stupidity isn't painful.
Quote from: StormKnight
Totally true.  Historians believe that most past civilizations would have endured for centuries longer if they had successfully determined Batman's alignment.
Quote from: Grand Theft Otto
Why are so many posts on the board the equivalent of " Dear Dr. Crotch, I keep punching myself in the crotch, and my groin hurts... what should I do? How can I make my groin stop hurting?"
Quote from: CryoSilver
I suggest carving "Don't be a dick" into him with a knife.  A dull, rusty knife.  A dull, rusty, bent, flaming knife.
Quote from: Seerow
Fluffy: It's over Steve! I've got the high ground!
Steve: You underestimate my power!
Fluffy: Don't try it, Steve!
Steve: *charges*
Fluffy: *three critical strikes*
Steve: ****
Quote from: claypigeons
I don't even stat out commoners. Commoner = corpse that just isn't a zombie. Yet.
When I think "Old Testament Boots of Peace" I think of a paladin curb-stomping an orc and screaming "Your death brings peace to this land!"
Quote from: Orville_Oaksong
Buy a small country. Or Pelor. Both are good investments.
[/spoiler]

Akula

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: May 21, 2008, 03:08:39 AM »
lern t0 0ptim1ze n00b. f1gh7ar 20 is t3h w34ksu4ce. i always makes pun-pun cus hes da strongest, but then the deehm steals my psicrystal and i have to start all over. someone halp me ruin this lamers campaign.

But on a more serious note, fighter 20 is the most powerful build out there. I mean look at all the people who take flaws, feats must be good if they are willing to cripple their character over a few of them. Lighting Warrior?! WTF that class has way to much flavor for this board, and without the familiar it isn't close to optimal, who will deliver your touch spells now? There is no way you can melee with your weak d20 HD.

(Completely tangential ::) this smiley is awsome. My own punctuation makes my eyes bleed)

Alastar

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #45 on: May 21, 2008, 11:06:22 AM »
Ok guys, i would really like it if you could optimise my character.

He was born in a noble family and then proceeded to learn to use swords at an early age.  His father made him go on all sorts of mission for the government and that's how he became level 1.  And then he was betrayed by his elder sister and left for dead.  But then he rose up and swore vengeance and that's where I am.

Can you optimise my character please????

Theeeeeeereeeeeeeee

AfterCrescent

• Honorary Moderator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Here After
« Reply #46 on: May 21, 2008, 11:32:09 AM »
Lightning Warrior actually has that as its written background. You're set. Just make sure you take obtain familiar and every familiar boosting feat you can or you're wasting your feats  :o
The cake is a lie.
Need to play table top? Get your game on at:
Brilliant Gameologists' PbP Forum. Do it, you know you want to.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook
The 13th Guard - An alternate history campaign idea.
Clerics just wake up one morning and decide they need to kick ass, and it needs to be kicked NOW. ~veekie

RobbyPants

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #47 on: May 21, 2008, 12:04:59 PM »
Ok guys, i would really like it if you could optimise my character.

He was born in a noble family and then proceeded to learn to use swords at an early age.  His father made him go on all sorts of mission for the government and that's how he became level 1.  And then he was betrayed by his elder sister and left for dead.  But then he rose up and swore vengeance and that's where I am.

Can you optimise my character please????

Theeeeeeereeeeeeeee
Too much punctuation...

hey u guyz i heer ur rly good at makin powerful pcs n stuff n i want a pc to make my dm cry hes such a n00b well nyway my pc is rly good with swords but i dont have more backstory than that so what can you do

hurry up i have to play this in a game today and i dont have all day so get a move on!!!11!
Elemental mage test game

Quotes
[spoiler]
Totally true.  Historians believe that most past civilizations would have endured for centuries longer if they had successfully determined Batman's alignment.
Why are so many posts on the board the equivalent of " Dear Dr. Crotch, I keep punching myself in the crotch, and my groin hurts... what should I do? How can I make my groin stop hurting?"
I suggest carving "Don't be a dick" into him with a knife.  A dull, rusty knife.  A dull, rusty, bent, flaming knife.
I don't even stat out commoners. Commoner = corpse that just isn't a zombie. Yet.
When I think "Old Testament Boots of Peace" I think of a paladin curb-stomping an orc and screaming "Your death brings peace to this land!"
[/spoiler]

amalcon

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #48 on: May 21, 2008, 12:42:40 PM »
i need some help optimizing my character concept its a soulknife samurai healer he can make blades with his mind and also heal himself and is a samurai isnt that great so i want you to make him real strong right thanks

EjoThims

• Grape ape
  • The Ferret
    • Email
« Reply #49 on: May 21, 2008, 12:44:54 PM »
So what's teh most powerful build? I need to screw my DM cause he wouldn't let me play a 1st level commonor with 9th level spells, so make it sneakky to tricks him!!1

AfterCrescent

• Honorary Moderator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Here After
« Reply #50 on: May 21, 2008, 12:47:40 PM »
guyz! guyz! i nos teh sneakezt build!11!!!!11!

u redy??

A Sandwich. :fu
The cake is a lie.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook
Clerics just wake up one morning and decide they need to kick ass, and it needs to be kicked NOW. ~veekie

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
  • You've got one round to give a rat's ass.
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: May 21, 2008, 12:52:58 PM »
One avatar to rule them all... And I have it! Whee! :D
*Begins mercilessly slaying innocents with the power of the One Avatar*

I don't think the Laughing Man can survive a Tri-Rocket shot.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #53 on: May 21, 2008, 01:17:45 PM »

I have already begun integrating him into the hive mind, remember? Plus, he can mess with your eyes so you can't see him.
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #54 on: May 21, 2008, 02:53:17 PM »

I have already begun integrating him into the hive mind, remember? Plus, he can mess with your eyes so you can't see him.

I shoot from the hip anyway.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

RobbyPants

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #55 on: May 21, 2008, 03:27:53 PM »

I shoot from the hip anyway.
Oh yeah!?!  Well this female rat ninja will... uh...  hmm...

*submits to mindflayers and rocket lauchers*
Elemental mage test game

Quotes
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

AfterCrescent

• Honorary Moderator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Here After
« Reply #56 on: May 21, 2008, 03:29:40 PM »
I think we all know the moon is made of cheese. And cheese is essential to an optimized sandwich. So clearly the moon > mindflayers & rocket launchers  :P
The cake is a lie.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #57 on: May 21, 2008, 04:01:33 PM »
I think we all know the moon is made of cheese. And cheese is essential to an optimized sandwich. So clearly the moon > mindflayers & rocket launchers  :P

But mine is a Tri-Rocket Launcher, and thus perfect for killing every moving creature in the room, including the room.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

skydragonknight

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #58 on: May 21, 2008, 04:02:02 PM »

Well, After, since you're not a Full Moon, you're not getting your full amount of cheese, which is not optimal. I think we need to hear what the lycanthropes have to say. They're more on touch with moon-cheese than anyone else
It always seems like the barrels around here have something in them.

AfterCrescent

• Honorary Moderator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Here After
« Reply #59 on: May 21, 2008, 04:02:55 PM »
But mine is a Tri-Rocket Launcher, and thus perfect for killing every moving creature in the room, including the room.

Ahhh. I see the heirarchy now. Moon > Tri-Rocket Launcher > Room > Minflayers & Rocket Launchers. Thank you for clearing that up  :clap
The cake is a lie.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook