Author Topic: Soulcaliber IV  (Read 7126 times)

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
Re: Soulcaliber IV
« Reply #40 on: February 10, 2009, 03:58:45 PM »
But you don't HAVE to remember all the possible moves do you? It's probably intentional so that people would pick up particular playstyles and you can have quite a few variations even with people who all play the same character.
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

Surgo

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
  • goes to eleven
    • Dungeons and Dragons Wiki
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: February 10, 2009, 06:03:36 PM »
But you don't HAVE to remember all the possible moves do you? It's probably intentional so that people would pick up particular playstyles and you can have quite a few variations even with people who all play the same character.
If you don't remember it, how will you be able to counter it when it's used against you?
Visit the Dungeons & Dragons Wiki, a place you can find quality content and upload your own homebrew stuff (provided that it's quality).

Optimator

• Bi-Curious George
  • Made Man
« Reply #42 on: February 10, 2009, 09:07:20 PM »
I most certainly haven't memorized all moves with a character, but I kind of find it comforting that they're there.

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
« Reply #43 on: February 11, 2009, 01:25:39 AM »
If you don't remember it, how will you be able to counter it when it's used against you?
You don't, that way every player has a weakness, it's called variety. :D
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
  • Aistii valoa auttavasti
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2009, 05:47:43 AM »
I most certainly haven't memorized all moves with a character, but I kind of find it comforting that they're there.
I believe Cervantes is the only guy I know all the moves with. Raphael and Sophitia are my number one cannons though, I just click better with them. Back in SC III I knew all their moves, but I haven't had a chance to learn them yet for the new game...

Handy Links

Surgo

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
  • goes to eleven
    • Dungeons and Dragons Wiki
    • Email
« Reply #45 on: February 13, 2009, 03:16:43 AM »
Quote from: veekie
You don't, that way every player has a weakness, it's called variety.
First, if you want to be The Best, you're going to learn everything and how to counter it. That's just a fact.

Second, you don't need lots of moves to have variety. Just look at three of the best Super Smash Bros. Melee players: Ken, Mew2King, and Azen. All three of them played Marth, and all three of them played Marth completely differently. Marth only has 17 moves (20 if you count all 4 throws out of the grab), and the down and up smashes are so pointless that they're never even used.

But I guess the multitude of moves isn't bad. Different strokes and all. I still enjoy playing the game at parties, after all.
Visit the Dungeons & Dragons Wiki, a place you can find quality content and upload your own homebrew stuff (provided that it's quality).