Author Topic: Divine MetaMagic Persistent spell Realy that good?  (Read 439 times)

Bortasz

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
Divine MetaMagic Persistent spell Realy that good?
« on: June 08, 2011, 05:47:58 AM »
I check the Persistent Spell and Divine Metamagic... if I understand correctly you need use up 3 feats
1. Extend spell
2. Persistent Spell
3. Divine Metamagic (Persistent spell)
and 7 uses of turn/rebuke undead... to get 1 Buff for duration 24h.... Can someone explain to me what is so amassing about that?

To have 7 Turns undead you need a Charisma 18... Okey I understand that from Reliquary Holy Symbol and Nightstick You can get extra Tunings... But to have 2 spells Persistant it take over 14 Turns... If my matemathic is correct it means that witch 16 charisma and 2 Nightstick, you can have 2 spell last all day long.
Prize is: 16 Charisma, 3 Feats and 15 000 gold piece.

On what Level this is good choice?

I understand if that will be Divine Metamagic extend spell. For 2 tunings you double the time you have the buff or Ally you summon... But persistent?

I be very happy if anyone explain to me what is Amassing about Divine metamagic....
Radical Taoist
[spoiler]It bears saying: if up against a logic-impervious DM who thinks Core is balanced and Psionics*  isn't, then the most powerful way to disprove that is to play a C.o.D. (Cleric or Druid). Noncore material will not be necessary unless you are going for pure overkill (Draconic Wildshape? Divine Metamagic?). So by all means, if you must win that argument, take you C.o.D. to town. Annihilate the opposition. Make the NPCs and other players scream "Oh no, it's C.o.D.zilla!!!!!" in badly dubbed English. Breathe radioactive fire. Knock down buildings. Then stomp out of the burning Tokyo that is the ruins of the game and swim off into the ocean, seeking a DM with some basic cognitive functions. [/profile]