http://bg-archive.minmaxforum.com
February 21, 2018, 01:23:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: These boards are now READ ONLY. We've started over! So don't try posting here. Go here http://minmaxforum.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1
  Print  
Author Topic: Make the Spellfire Channeler not suck.  (Read 4132 times)
Nytemare3701
Donkey Kong

« on: October 30, 2011, 07:15:28 AM »

DO IT!  Shake fist

In all seriousness, I really want to use the class, but it's obviously not a caster, and it's obviously not a frontline fighter. I considered using it for a gish, but that didn't work either. I realized that the class is probably a bust when I started seriously considering capping a truenamer build with it.

Using the most favorable interpretation of spellfire (you can absorb as a free action), what can you make out of the spellfire channeler?

My attempt: Mineral Warrior PsyWar/SpellfireChanneler (mageslayer theme)

EDIT: It would be pretty awesome to get a ridiculously high con score & go nuts Shandril style.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 07:25:00 AM by Nytemare3701 » Logged

ALT+7 to make a •
Clean up your posts and people tend to react better to them.

My rewrites:
Mechanics

There's RAI, and then there's RAW, and then there's "Hey, if I deliberately misread this look how powerful it is!" – Caelic
Maat_Mons
Hong Kong

What is a smile but a grimace of happiness?

« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2011, 08:20:26 AM »

Using the most favorable interpretation of spellfire (you can absorb as a free action)

Where does that interpretation come from? 
Nytemare3701
Donkey Kong

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2011, 08:27:38 AM »

Using the most favorable interpretation of spellfire (you can absorb as a free action)

Where does that interpretation come from? 

3.0 rod of absorption required a standard action to ready. The 3.5 one doesn't. Spellfire is readied as per a rod of absorption.

ALT+7 to make a •
Clean up your posts and people tend to react better to them.

My rewrites:
Mechanics

There's RAI, and then there's RAW, and then there's "Hey, if I deliberately misread this look how powerful it is!" – Caelic
Pages: 1
  Print  

Jump to: