Author Topic: Pathing Armour  (Read 4559 times)

Zombieboots

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
  • Ska-ull
Pathing Armour
« on: October 28, 2011, 12:14:40 PM »
Hey guys.

So I am looking for some new armor basically what is comes down to is I would like the highest AC value I can get with my 27 Dex. Currently a 17th level Ranger/Fighter, with so much money to burn. I know of Bracers of Armor +8, but I was wondering if there was anything better.
Yep I'm aware that Displacement or blur is better- in fact I already have those- permanent Blur at least, but I'd still like a boost to AC. I currently have AC: 33, and have no armor bonus yet.

I'd like to know what's available with Pathfinder books only. Which is O.k.- no asking.
And then maybe Pathfinder books w/ Magic Item Compendium since I might be able to whinge something out of my DM.

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks in advance!
« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 12:21:22 PM by Zombieboots »
Ah! Maddness. Thank you.[spoiler][/spoiler]

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
Re: Pathing Armour
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2011, 12:22:11 PM »
The only thing I've got off hand is this: http://www.d20srd.org/srd/epic/magicItems/armor.htm#armoroftheCelestialBattalion
I ran into a similar problem with an old character, but we had the money and were in epic levels for me to afford this.

Other than that Mithral Shirt with Nimbleness (MIC 13) gets you to +7 max dex. Beyond that I'm not sure what else can up the max dex.
Clerics and Druids are like the 4 and 2 in 42. Together they are the answer to the ultimate question in D&D.
Retire the character before the DM smacks you with the Table as the book will feel totally inadequate now.-Hazren

Jackinthegreen

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2011, 08:10:25 PM »
Thistledown Padded armor from Races of the Wild pg 168 has a +10 Dex AC mod, but only +1 Armor.  Enchanting it would add more armor AC of course.  Only Exotic armor from Races of Stone pg 158 can come close or surpass that for your purposes.

« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 11:55:35 PM by Zombieboots »

Maat_Mons

• Hong Kong
  • What is a smile but a grimace of happiness?
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2011, 09:06:25 PM »
Celestial armor seems the way to go.  Can you upgrade specific armors in Pathfinder? 

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2011, 06:25:22 AM »
Celestial armor seems the way to go.  Can you upgrade specific armors in Pathfinder? 
Yes
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."