Author Topic: Aptitude plus natural weapons...  (Read 3917 times)

Caelic

• Hong Kong
Aptitude plus natural weapons...
« on: October 29, 2011, 03:27:47 PM »
I was putzing around with a Kensai build the other day, and it occurred to me that Aptitude works with any feat intended for a specific type of weapon--and that natural weapons are considered weapons.

Thus, feats that improve natural weapons should be fair game for Aptitude.

How far could that be taken?  How would Rapidstrike and Improved Rapidstrike work?  Would Improved Natural Attack be fair game?

For instance:

Let's assume I have a BAB of 16, the full TWF fighting chain, and a pair of Aptitude daggers.  I also have Improved Rapidstrike (I'm a kobold with claws, y'see!)

Would I be able to take my full two-weapon attack sequence and then make up to four extra attacks with one of them because of Improved Rapidstrike (at the usual -5 per attack penalty?)  Would those attacks be calculated using my highest BAB value?
« Last Edit: October 29, 2011, 03:31:12 PM by Caelic »

Endarire

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
Re: Aptitude plus natural weapons...
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2011, 08:57:56 PM »
Throwing, Returning natural weapons?
Hood - My first answer to all your build questions; past, present, and future.

Speaking of which:
Don't even need TO for this.  Any decent Hood build, especially one with Celerity, one-rounds [Azathoth, the most powerful greater deity from d20 Cthulu].
Does it bug anyone else that we've reached the point where characters who can obliterate a greater deity in one round are considered "decent?"

zook1shoe

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2011, 09:01:21 PM »
I've gone as far as Lightning Maces and other crazy feats. Not Weapon Supremacy, but that too ;)

Nytemare3701

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2011, 09:10:36 PM »
If it works for lightning mace, which iirc wants a blunt weapon, then it should work for natural weapons.

Alternate view: If lightning mace specifically wants a mace, then you might be restricted to one natural weapon (like your claws)

Caelic

• Hong Kong
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2011, 12:54:14 AM »
Well, I'm more looking at what happens if I take the feats MEANT for natural weapons and apply them to manufactured weapons via Aptitude.  In general, those feats are pretty tasty, because the natural weapons themselves usually aren't anything very special.  Transferring them to an optimal manufactured weapon seems like it should have potential.

I'll have to play with it a bit more.

Nytemare3701

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2011, 01:21:28 AM »
I guess I wasn't being very clear. My statement WAS in reference to using Natural Weapon feats on normal weapons. It seems pretty open.

EDIT: While we are on the subject of Aptitude...Can you figure out a good way of getting aptitude on spellfire? I would LOVE to do combat tricks with spellfire.

zook1shoe

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2011, 03:35:36 AM »
If it works for lightning mace, which iirc wants a blunt weapon, then it should work for natural weapons.

Alternate view: If lightning mace specifically wants a mace, then you might be restricted to one natural weapon (like your claws)

It works for any aptitude weapon... As long as you fulfill the rest of it.

Roundabout Kick + Lightning Maces = scary