Author Topic: Need some assistence.  (Read 4921 times)

Dawnmor

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
    • Email
Need some assistence.
« on: October 28, 2011, 11:04:32 PM »
Alright, this character is already in play, just to make that clear now.

Hes a Barb 2, Fighter 2, Ranger 2, Fist of the forest 2, Deepwarden 2.  Feral/Mineral Warrior Dwarf.  He relies mostly on his claws but hes built as a tank but hes also buffed up as well.  He has the Gloves of the Manticore to give him some ranged ability fighting.  So his main vocation is melee but hes been needing to do some ranged combat lately.  Hes full up on offensive capabilities as well as a buffing Cleric who helps on the defensive capabilities.

But due to the fact hes now level 11, I gained a level last sunday, I need a way to go, but my brother seems to not be helping much.

So, I could go Psy warrior 2 to get the feats to qualify for Master thrower, but I am trying my hardest not to TOO! badly overstretch myself like I have done with past characters.  So thats the problem, I have 10 levels to figure out what to do, Thoughts? Suggestions?

Also I think I should say that I have thought about going into Warblade to increase capabilities of offense and defense.  Further agrivate my group by including PEARL OF REDOUBT to give me a boost in AC when people miss me.

I could go Rogue or Monk for a level or two to give me invasion to make spells against me hard to hit me.  Then theres the problem of needing to boost my Will and Reflex which happens to be a problem for me as well.  Even considered an Artificer level for awhile, but not sure if I wanna do that due to the fact that we havent had time to craft anything or even go to town to sell anything yet.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 11:06:08 PM by Dawnmor »

Dawnmor

• Email
Re: Need some assistence.
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2011, 11:28:39 PM »
I should mention my buffed up stats to help with your assistence.

36 str, 16 dex, 36 con, 16 int, 29 wis, 16 cha.

Maat_Mons

• Hong Kong
  • What is a smile but a grimace of happiness?
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2011, 03:21:53 AM »
Warblade can help with your saves if you take the maneuvers that let you make concentration checks instead. 

Another way to boost your saves would be to use the serenity feat (Dragon Compendium).  It switches paladin abilities normally based on charisma to wisdom.  You could go into paladin of freedom and be adding that +9 wisdom bonus to saves in two levels.  If you're not chaotic good, Dragon has variants of paladin for all alignments. 

Jackinthegreen

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2011, 03:40:20 AM »
Reflex saves aren't usually the ones that kill PCs.  Fort and Will saves are the main culprits.  If you have Endurance, you can use a feat to get Steadfast Determination.  It lets you use your Con mod instead of Wis for will saves, and also prevents you from failing a Fort save on a roll of 1.

Still, Warblade will probably beat that out.  Concentration in place of any save is awesome, especially for a high Constitution character since it's the key ability for Concentration.

Try to get a hold of Mettle somehow.  It combined with Warblade is pretty darn awesome.

sirpercival

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2011, 09:47:46 AM »
Also, at this level warblade should give him IHS, which is just full of win.
Burn all the microfiche!  Firebomb all the 8-tracks!

I'm not just a druid -- I'm a singing, dancing, Broadway druid.

[spoiler]
Quote from: PhaedrusXY
"You... saved me? So I was dismantled? I... thank you, then. I will not incinerate you."

There's only one character concept worth having, and that's the one you've thrown darts at.
[/spoiler]

Halinn

• Email
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2011, 11:19:30 AM »
I'm not much familiar with ToB - does the concentration save substitution mean that you won't fail on a 1, since it's a skill check?

Lycanthromancer

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2011, 02:49:13 PM »
Bloodstorm blade!

I'm not much familiar with ToB - does the concentration save substitution mean that you won't fail on a 1, since it's a skill check?
It's a skill check, not a save, so you are correct, good sir.
[spoiler]Masculine men like masculine things. Masculine men are masculine. Therefore, liking masculine men is masculine.

I dare anyone to find a hole in that logic.
[spoiler]
+1 Lycanthromancer
Which book is Lycanthromancer in?
Lyca ... is in the book. Yes he is.
 :D
shit.. concerning psionics optimization, lycan IS the book
[/spoiler]

Dawnmor

• Email
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2011, 05:06:42 PM »
Also, at this level warblade should give him IHS, which is just full of win.

IHS?

sirpercival

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2011, 05:08:06 PM »
Iron Heart Surge.  One of the best abilities in the game.
Burn all the microfiche!  Firebomb all the 8-tracks!

I'm not just a druid -- I'm a singing, dancing, Broadway druid.

[spoiler]
Quote from: PhaedrusXY
"You... saved me? So I was dismantled? I... thank you, then. I will not incinerate you."

There's only one character concept worth having, and that's the one you've thrown darts at.
[/spoiler]

Dawnmor

• Email
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2011, 05:17:59 PM »
Sense im essentially the tank I was considering taking the Warblade classes, for PEARL of Redoubt, the boost in AC may last one round but it is a viable way to further tick off my group incase I go insane like it has been done in the past, where I ended up attacking my group.

Problem that I ran into with warblade as a viable option is that I wouldnt gain any benefit from uncanny dodge sense I already have Improved uncanny dodge already ?.

But then again hopefully we will get to a town so I can buy a intelligent item with Evasion on it already.

Maat_Mons

• Hong Kong
  • What is a smile but a grimace of happiness?
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2011, 05:38:05 PM »
By RAW, you can only get a 1st level stance when you take the 1st level of warblade.  That means you'd need 4 levels of warblade or the martial stance feat to pick up pearl of black doubt. 

Dawnmor

• Email
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2011, 05:52:52 PM »
I was planning on putting 10 levels into Warblade, and I like the recovering rate of maneuvers from the warblade tons better then the others.

Jackinthegreen

• Email
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2011, 08:11:23 PM »
If you're having Uncanny Dodge issues, I'd recommend switching out the Barbarian's UD for something else.  Take a look at http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?PHPSESSID=b3cofcunvjgqqts7s570inec31&topic=7908.0.