Author Topic: I really want to have Cleric spells as a Druid  (Read 12053 times)

Mooncrow

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
Re: I really want to have Cleric spells as a Druid
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2011, 01:30:39 AM »
I stand corrected.

CantripN

• Hong Kong
  • Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating
    • Cantrip, Gestalt Gish
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2011, 08:30:46 AM »
UMD? It's the same deal with Runestaves being used that way by classes that don't have the spells. RAW, it should work.
Read, every day, something no one else is reading. Think, every day, something no one else is thinking. Do, every day, something no one else would be silly enough to do. It is bad for the mind to be always part of unanimity.

skydragonknight

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2011, 09:47:21 AM »
If you have access to Dragon, get a Monk's belt (you're a Wis-based caster using wild shape, so not a bad choice anyway) and take Beast Strike from Dragon 355. You get to add your slam damage to all your unarmed strike attacks, which essentially allows you to use your iterative to deliver slam attack damage, plus the damage boost of the unarmed strikes of whatever (virtual) size category you happen to be.

"But wait! Unarmed Strikes suck!" ...Aptitude weapons, my friend. Aptitude weapons.
It always seems like the barrels around here have something in them.

TenaciousJ

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2011, 12:31:01 PM »
If you have access to Dragon, get a Monk's belt (you're a Wis-based caster using wild shape, so not a bad choice anyway) and take Beast Strike from Dragon 355. You get to add your slam damage to all your unarmed strike attacks, which essentially allows you to use your iterative to deliver slam attack damage, plus the damage boost of the unarmed strikes of whatever (virtual) size category you happen to be.

"But wait! Unarmed Strikes suck!" ...Aptitude weapons, my friend. Aptitude weapons.

Help me connect the dots here.  Are you suggesting an aptitude weapon to add the slam damage onto something like a mouthpick weapon used in wildshape?

skydragonknight

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2011, 01:27:39 PM »

Help me connect the dots here.  Are you suggesting an aptitude weapon to add the slam damage onto something like a mouthpick weapon used in wildshape?

Mouthpick weapon or a standard weapon in an Ape form. Heck, even an animated shield with shield spikes. Take your pick really. But the overall idea is to essentially give your slams iterative attacks by transferring the damage to your iterative attacks.
It always seems like the barrels around here have something in them.