Author Topic: Favorite published adventures?  (Read 2149 times)

Libertad

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
Favorite published adventures?
« on: October 16, 2011, 06:39:08 PM »
Way back in 2004-2006 I played a lot of adventure paths.  As a newbie DM I enjoyed Dungeon Magazine's adventures, especially the Shackled City Adventure Path hardcover.

I didn't have to spend hours designing an adventure for my weekly games, and I had an entire campaign to run from 1st-20th level.

A large part is due to nostalgic value, as well as the central city-based campaign design.  The [spoiler]near-destruction of the city near the end and the final adventures detailing the fall of the Cagewrights at the hands of the adventurers[/spoiler] led to a thematic scaling of events.  By the high levels things began to feel epic.

How about you folks?  Does any adventure/adventure path stick out in your mind for its excellence and fun?

illy-d

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
Re: Favorite published adventures?
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2011, 07:24:02 PM »
I played the Curse of the Crimson Throne and really enjoyed it.

ZeroSpace

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
Re: Favorite published adventures?
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2011, 03:09:20 PM »
Have yet to play through it all the way, but Red Hand of Doom is pretty good, as it plays in that sweet spot of levels(5-10), and needs only a small amount of upgrading to keep it challenging for strong/smart players. That, and some of the fights are damn well epic in feel.
YAY! I get to go to the SPECIAL hell!

"The picks aren't breaking through, sir!"
"Alright men, time to break out the greatswords!"

"You may not make money being a bad-ass!"
-My DM