Author Topic: Need a modern Zombie d20 system.  (Read 3005 times)

Zeegen

• Monkey bussiness
Need a modern Zombie d20 system.
« on: October 21, 2011, 03:02:40 AM »
So I'm a GM that's used to running 3.5. I'm looking for a really good d20 modern zombie system. I'm going for realism, with possibly of special zombies. Anyone have any good suggestions?

Cagemarrow

• Bi-Curious George
Re: Need a modern Zombie d20 system.
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2011, 11:12:15 AM »
We tried this once using D20 Modern and the Zombies from the Monster Manual, gave them an infectious bite disease that applied upon a confirmed critical and gave them a headshot vulnerability which allows them to be instantly destroyed upon confirming a critical against the zombie. Was a lot of fun.

My one complaint was that D20 doesn't really allow for the wide range of skills people collect in everyday life until mid to higher level and the rules favor specialization instead of spreading out the skill points to be more accurate. Maybe you could institute a rule that you should only max a number of skills equal to your primary stat mod, Intelligence for Smart, Wis for Dedicated, Cha for Social and the like to encourage more variation.

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
Re: Need a modern Zombie d20 system.
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2011, 12:45:20 PM »
Yeah, you probably want something more like FATE or similar to model a zombie scenario, even World of Darkness would deal better with it than d20(and thats saying something, since I wouldn't normally recommend WoD).
D20 deals relatively poorly with gradual depletion of resources and weakening under pursuit. Its resources are based on a daily basis, and more action-hero like blasting down legions of zombies.
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."