Author Topic: Multiple 9s Build Help  (Read 2226 times)

slento

• Monkey bussiness
Multiple 9s Build Help
« on: October 17, 2011, 09:48:39 PM »
Hi, my gaming group doesn't believe that builds can break a game. They realize that some classes are better than others and most of them are aware of the existence of pun-pun but they don't get that a character can break a campaign without being a god. Help me prove them wrong. The constraints are: No psionics and No humans (although really I could be an alternate human with a different name and they wouldn't know the difference)... that's about it. They are somewhat suspicious of what they aren't used to but will probably accept it. My Goal is to build a multiple 9s character with arcane, divine and maneuvers/stance. I know there have been better ones but this is what I was hoping for. I can take two flaws and can use the dark sun 3.5ized class dark templar found here (http://athas.org/products/PrC1 on page 42) and I don't have to meet the prereq for those other class levels.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 10:06:07 PM by slento »

JaronK

• Organ Grinder
Re: Multiple 9s Build Help
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2011, 10:25:56 PM »
Honestly a straight Archivist can do it, and the strongest build I think (without Pun Pun style stuff) is a combo of Binding and Divine Casting, but an easy double 9s build without maneuvers is Wizard 10/Ur Priest 2/Mystic Theurge 8.  I imagine to get maneuvers you'd want Beholder Mage/Ur Priest/Mystic Theurge...

JaronK

Caelic

• Hong Kong
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2011, 10:31:05 PM »
...or a modified Ur-Singer.  Bard/Sublime Chord/Ur-Priest/MyTh should leave at least a little room for martial classes.

Mooncrow

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2011, 10:31:25 PM »
Honestly a straight Archivist can do it, and the strongest build I think (without Pun Pun style stuff) is a combo of Binding and Divine Casting, but an easy double 9s build without maneuvers is Wizard 10/Ur Priest 2/Mystic Theurge 8.  I imagine to get maneuvers you'd want Beholder Mage/Ur Priest/Mystic Theurge...

JaronK

Beholder Mage 9/ Ur Priest 2/Ruby Knight 9?

edit: ack, that's only 8th level divine.

Beholder Mage3/Ur Priest 2/Mystic Theurge 6/ Jade Pheonix Mage 2/Ruby Knight 3 +?
« Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 10:38:00 PM by Mooncrow »

sirpercival

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2011, 10:42:42 PM »
I think Beholder Mage is probably outside the realm for OP's group... what with all the shenanigans required to enter it.

I'd like to second JaronK's anima mage idea...

Illumian Binder 1/Cleric 1/Divine Anima Mage 10/RKV 8?  17th-level cleric casting, 11th-level binding (enough for Zceryll), 14th-level initiator.

I also recently posted a build that could be fun:

Crusader 7/Divine Crusader 1/Sovereign Speaker 4/Nar Demonbinder 1/Mystic Theurge 6/Crusader +1, gives 9th divine (5 domains), 8th arcane, 14th IL.
Burn all the microfiche!  Firebomb all the 8-tracks!

I'm not just a druid -- I'm a singing, dancing, Broadway druid.

[spoiler]
Quote from: PhaedrusXY
"You... saved me? So I was dismantled? I... thank you, then. I will not incinerate you."

There's only one character concept worth having, and that's the one you've thrown darts at.
[/spoiler]

jeffrie

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
  • nondescript young man over there for hire.
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2011, 11:54:40 PM »
Archivist needs the dm's help to get spells (sorta) but has much potential for what you're lookin' for.

Two flaws makes your build fairly easy. I don't know if your dm likes timestop, but . . . .

Druid5/ Shadow Templar1/ Arcane Hierophant 8/ Crusader1/ Ruby Knight4/ +1LA Vecna Blooded

This uses your prc and achieves 99, as well as 7/6 stances and 2 maneuvers, and wildshape/animal companion, as well as being immune to all divination (which is gleeful).  I think it's quite possible, since you will hike Int for ST and that will fix the skill problem.

Bard1/ Crusader3/ Ruby Knight1/ Shadow Templar1/ Ur-P1/ Initiate of Draconic Mysteries1/ FL10
Just schlop, but i was playin'. . .
"That's one for the good guys.
Current score: Evil 923,472,810, Good 1."

-Kuroimaken

slento

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2011, 01:56:50 AM »
Thanks for the responses sorry I wasn't around.

I forgot to metion it's an evil campaign if that changes anything. Also the DM just informed me that he would like to make the plot center around actual casting so I think it would be better to make casting classes the first priority.

My first thought was to do the wizard 10/ ur-priest 2/ mystic theurge 8 thing, but then after I decided to go for maneuvers as well, I started looking at RKV and Jade phoenix mage. Beholder mage would be iffy but not undoable. I don't understand how you are getting into it that quickly on some of the builds you suggested. could you explain? are there implied levels I'm missing somewhere in the beginning?

I feel like I could take advantage of the shadow templar's beholdermagesque progression. I ended up thinking about (roughly) Warblade or SwordsageX/ Shadow TemplarX/ JPM X/ Ur-priestX/ Mystic TheurgeX/ RKV X. thoughts?

OblivionSmurf83

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2011, 06:07:47 AM »
On the spell side of things:

Archivist 9/Chameleon 1/Hathran 10

A first level Hathran can 'spontaneously cast any spell she knows in place of any spell of the same level that she has prepared, even if it is not on the same spell list as the substituted one', as long as she is within the bounds of Rasheman.

An Archivist and Arcane-focused Chameleon both know and cast spells as a Wizard does, from a prayer or spell book. Between the two of them, you can 'know' any Arcane or Divine spell in existence. Hathran lets you cast them spontaneously within the bounds of Rashemen. Simply cast Magic Acorn on a tree within Rashemen, and you can now go anywhere you want, casting any spell you want.

Cannotthink

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2011, 06:31:57 AM »
If you can get access to Dragon Magazine #315 or Dragon Compendium, play a Raptoran Sha'ir 5/Warblade 1/Jade Phoenix Mage 3/Skypledged 7/Jade Phoenix Mage +4. You'll get semi-spontaneous access to every sorcerer/wizard spell, a bunch of domain spells, and every core druid or cleric spell and 6th level maneuvers.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 02:01:47 PM by Cannotthink »