Author Topic: Just had an idea for my imp...  (Read 2232 times)

Dictum Mortuum

• Hong Kong
  • always female suspects
    • Email
Just had an idea for my imp...
« on: October 17, 2011, 05:32:16 AM »
...imp -> psychic reformation -> blessing of the godless.

Now I need to find a way to make unholy water for free.
Dictum Mortuum's Handbooks: My personal character optimization blog.

sirpercival

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
Re: Just had an idea for my imp...
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2011, 12:27:30 PM »
Make the unholy version of a "blessed chalice", which is just command word bless water.  Cost = 172 casts of bless water, Reward = infinite casts of bless water.  The command word is a prayer.

Any DM should allow that, just like any moderately wealthy church should have one.  Smart business practice.
Burn all the microfiche!  Firebomb all the 8-tracks!

I'm not just a druid -- I'm a singing, dancing, Broadway druid.

[spoiler]
Quote from: PhaedrusXY
"You... saved me? So I was dismantled? I... thank you, then. I will not incinerate you."

There's only one character concept worth having, and that's the one you've thrown darts at.
[/spoiler]

Kajhera

• Hong Kong
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2011, 12:35:25 PM »
Make the unholy version of a "blessed chalice", which is just command word bless water.  Cost = 172 casts of bless water, Reward = infinite casts of bless water.  The command word is a prayer.

Any DM should allow that, just like any moderately wealthy church should have one.  Smart business practice.

Assuming you have need of / can sell >172 casts of bless/curse water before the chalice is destroyed or stolen of course.

sirpercival

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2011, 01:02:44 PM »
If you need a lot, you can do that in less than 20 minutes.  It's a standard action to activate, so get yourself a big tub or barrel and sit down next to a river, scoop, mutter pour.

It's the cheapest way to get the 800 doses you need to make a holy hand grenade...

[spoiler]
"You... saved me? So I was dismantled? I... thank you, then. I will not incinerate you."

There's only one character concept worth having, and that's the one you've thrown darts at.
[/spoiler]

Jackinthegreen

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2011, 01:05:48 PM »
If you need a lot, you can do that in less than 20 minutes.  It's a standard action to activate, so get yourself a big tub or barrel and sit down next to a river, scoop, mutter pour.

It's the cheapest way to get the 800 doses you need to make a holy hand grenade...

Now to find a killer rabbit to use it on...

X-Codes

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2011, 01:09:50 PM »
I just found something I'm going to use in my campaign...

The best methods to get massive amounts of unholy water are to either buy it, or find a creature with an SLA of the spell.  You can get a use-activated item, but that will not pay itself off for some time (as others have noted).

sirpercival

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2011, 01:15:51 PM »
Half an hour is "some time"?  And I couldn't find a creature that had bless water as an SLA, though the opposite may be easier to find.

Buying it is not as cost-effective.  It's expensive!

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

X-Codes

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2011, 01:28:26 PM »
Half an hour is "some time"?  And I couldn't find a creature that had bless water as an SLA, though the opposite may be easier to find.

25 gp per pop, which is just the material component cost of the spell.  The fee for casting the spell is an extra 10 gp, so you're getting a 35 gp item for 25 gp RAW.

Jackinthegreen

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2011, 01:35:03 PM »

Holy and Unholy water are sold at cost.  Remember, it takes 25gp of silver and some water to create either one, and each one weighs 1 pound.  Maybe shave 2.5g from that with the Diplomacy rules from Complete Adventurer.  At least it's cheap to hire some pack animals to carry it around, but that means having pack animals following the party.

From what I gather, the point is using psychic reformation to get the Imp to have the Blessing of the Godless feat?  The Cursed Chalice item would need to grant the equivalent of half a year's worth of blessings, three months' worth if using two blessings, and two months' worth if using all three before it was more cost-effective than just outright buying Unholy Water, assuming the price would still be 4300gp of course.